“I am impress with the customer service”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #281 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The general manager and her staff was very helpful when i asked them to resolved my room issue. She and her staff didn't give me excuses. They just fixed the problem. But that's not all. There are hundreds of guests at this Holiday Inn hotel, but when I met the general manager in the hotel lobby, she remember who i am. I was really, really impressed with this!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 13, 2012

The customer service is very good, and the breakfast area was great. The location was perfect for us. On the downside, The room we stayed in for three nights was quite small, no mini fridge or micro. The carpet wasnt vacuumed, nor were the sheets changed. (i must add that every morning the beds were neatly made- clean bathroom too). Probably the most disappointig thing was that their pool water was green and murky, which was a huge bummer for out kiddos. Also, brace yourself!...the elevators and even the rooms have a peculiar smell...
If you can overlook the strange smells and green water in pool, then this is the hotel for you. Again, customer service was very good and hospitable.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Cherylkim
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Cherylkim,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and the level of service provided. It's also nice to know that you liked our breakfast as well as our location. Whilst, please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations especially on the quality and cleanliness of some of our facilities and amenities. Rest assured that these matter will be looked into. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Great hotel with good service, clean pool and rooms, the only negative is the area, i would not want to walk around this area alone at night

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have stayed in many HIE and this is the first time I feel unsafe.
The cleanliness and condition of the room is about the same as other HIE. However the big problem is that the door lock was faulty and it can be opened from outside without needing a key. When I was inside the room, the only security I have is the latch. When I'm not in the room, there's no way to lock the door and anyone could open the door from outside.
Made a complain and the problem was fixed, but only for a day. It was faulty again on the following day. A second complain was made but nothing was done when I came back to my room in the evening.
Check you room door when you check in and insist on changing another room if you have the same problem.

Other than the above problem, this HIE is quite ok... KFC and Denny's are located in short walking distance, just across the street. There's a convenience stall at the Shell petrol station. USD35 taxi from the Galleria. No complimentary of bottle drinking water. WiFi was free and OK. Self service coin base laundry and dryer. Clean and comfortable room... JUST NOT SAFE WITH A FAULTY LOCK!!!

Room Tip: Make sure your door lock is checked upon check in.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank kelvinyam
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear kelvinyam,

Thank you for staying with us. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment, and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 28, 2012

This Holiday Inn property features the best rates of all the IHG hotels in the Houston area. It's still close enought to down town to be convienient. The hotel is older but has such a good remodel I was fooled into thinking it was a newer hotel. I'm biased toward Holiday Inn's, so I will judge this one based only on others:
Pros
Updated rooms are really pleasant
Upscale lobby spaces
Wonderful complimentary breakfast (closes at 9:30)
Fenced parking lot
Caring owner/manager

Cons
Vagrants freequent the gas station across the street
Southside means farther from the airport
Better rates means if books up quickly

Room Tip: Always ask for a free upgrade to a suite. The breakfast bar closes early (9:30) so don't sleep...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I was rather pleased with the armoire, it gave the room more space when a closet would have stolen square-footage. It was a cool part of winter and we didn't use the AC unit. The main thing I noticed is that the smell of the public rooms downstairs as well as the hallway outside our room and inside the room were pleasant smells. All too often, along the Gulf coast, I find the hotel rooms are stuffy, moldy-smelling, and/or just have yucky smells.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Excellent guest service, great rooms, and very good good staff. I have stayed here twice already and on both occasions it was for business purposes. We got moved to a suite because the general manager Krupali Shah was kind enough to do so. The staff is polite and its one of the better Holiday Inn properties that we stayed at. Banking, shopping, recreation is all around the hotel. They give great concierge service as well at the front desk. Anne in paticular was very tolerant with our demands and she alongbwith her team did everything to make ends meet. Thankyou very much for a very pleasurable stay. I look forward to staying here in the near future.

• Stayed: January 2012