“Terrible Cancellation Policy” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #365 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Texas
“Terrible Cancellation Policy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Don't make any reservations at this hotel unless you know for sure you will be staying. They require a minimum 10 day notification to cancel a reservation. If you do not cancel before the 10 days out you will be charged one night stay. I would rather pay my bank a small fee instead of paying $150 for a room I'm not staying in. This place sucks. I will not at any time in the future make another reservation at his hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hallettsville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We spent one night before the appointment at M D Anderson hospital. The room was spacious, bath room was nice, very clean, beds comfortable. Flat sceen TV, micro/fridge. Breakfast adequate, rolls, waffles, , toast, boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, apple and orange juice, etc. The hospital was very east to get to. When leaving the motel, one must turn right since it's on the feeder road of Loop 610, go to Hearth St., right on it to next street. Turn right and go to Kirby. Left on Kirby to Old Spanish Trail, right to Fannin, left on Fannin to Holcombe, right on Holcombe, continue to MD Anderson St., left turn into parking garage. Hope this review helps someone else ...

Room Tip: Motel divided into 3 sections. Room was a bit difficult to find until we located the right section...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Cookie C
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and our stay was beyond AWFUL!!!

First we were assigned to Room 206. I've attached a picture of the showerhead in that room. It's beyond gross!!! Plus the room just had a funny smell to it.

After several attempts we were finally moved to another room - #152. We had to leave immediately afterwards for a prior engagement and when we returned neither of the door keys would work. We walked all the way back to the front desk, had them rescanned and walked all the way back to the room. Guess what??!!?? They still didn't work!!!

While I was trying the second set of keys the lady across the hallway opened her door and noticing my troubles asked if we had been give that room too. When I asked what she meant by "too" she said that they had given that room to someone in her group but upon opening the door they saw a bunch of luggage in the room and closed the door. I told her that was my luggage and I appreciated her telling me this.

Needless to say by the time I got back to the front desk AGAIN with my non-working keys I was beyond pissed. The desk clerk looked at me like I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about. He offered to move us AGAIN but by that time we were tired and just wanted to go to sleep.

The rooms at this hotel are old and dated. The bathroom fixtures are horrible and it took a good five minutes for us to get hot water in the bathroom sink. Overall it was a horrible experience and I will never stay at this hotel again and I would definitely never recommend it to anyone!!

I gave it a rating of one only because I can't give a negative number!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank SmartTraveler40
Spicewood, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Been staying here for many years.

Internet quit working early Thursday afternoon, and I needed it for business. Lost an entire day of productivity. Called multiple times, even to the provider tech guy. They could never restore it.

Okay. My day/evening is ruined. I'll just watch TV. I never watch TV in hotels rooms unless there's a football game on. I find TV to be a waste of time. So I push the red button, and the screen displays 'no signal.' I called, the guy came up to my room and loked at the TV, but could not fix it.

I explained all my frustrations, in a nice way, when I checked out. I asked for an adjustment to my bill. The gal told me I would have to talk to the manager. This was unacceptable; the adjustment should have been applied on the spot. I've encountered this type of situation before in other hotels, and the front desk agent has always made the adjustment.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank 1twangster
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been traveling to MD Anderson as a patient for 7 years now. I will say that Quality Inn Suites Reliant/Medical Center is my most favorite !!!! The staff, especially the manager, Kamil, goes out of their way to accommodate their customers. They took care of us!!! I have stayed here a few times. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, they have excellent shuttle service and always a smile !!!! This will be my new home away from home. GOD BLESS... Thank you QIS staff.. K. Morgan

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank tulsapink
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Note: I did get a free suite upgrade here so my review may be a bit prejudiced. That being said, I thought the rooms here were a good value, and the free breakfast quite good, which included sausage, waffles, and eggs. I do wish there were more vending machines - the only one is by the front check in desk - but that's a minor quibble and there were plenty of ice machines. My suite was basically two rooms joined together with one the living room and the other the bedroom with two queen beds. The living room had a pull out bed/couch. Each room had its own bathroom which was nice when my sister needed a place to stay. Housekeeping seemed good, rooms were a bit dated but fine, and there was a balcony also (albeit without any furniture.) It would have been nice if the pool area had a hot tub but that's not a huge deal. Bonus if you're in town for a football game: walking distance to Reliant stadium so you can save on parking. If you're going to the medical district the motel has a free shuttle that runs hourly which I used and enjoyed.

Room Tip: Further back from the street is probably quiter, and getting an upstairs room would probably also sa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chuck M
Hartland, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

If you like to sleep with the cockroaches, this is your place. Both My coworker and I had cockroaches in our rooms. Building is worn and ready for a huge update, maybe even a bulldozer.
The prices are outrageous for the "quality" you do not recieve. The people working the counter were not professional, sloppy dressers and seemed very unhappy to be there. I was certainly not asked how my stay was when I checked out. I believe they already know thus the reason they do not ask.
I do not have experience with the other hotels in the area but if you are visiting the Reliant Center or dome I would definitely try one of the others.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here despite what I have said stay away from the D building. Definitely inf...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business