“Great Customer Service”

Quality Inn & Suites Reliant Park/Medical Center
Ranked #367 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been traveling to MD Anderson as a patient for 7 years now. I will say that Quality Inn Suites Reliant/Medical Center is my most favorite !!!! The staff, especially the manager, Kamil, goes out of their way to accommodate their customers. They took care of us!!! I have stayed here a few times. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, they have excellent shuttle service and always a smile !!!! This will be my new home away from home. GOD BLESS... Thank you QIS staff.. K. Morgan

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank tulsapink
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Reliant Park/Medical Center

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Note: I did get a free suite upgrade here so my review may be a bit prejudiced. That being said, I thought the rooms here were a good value, and the free breakfast quite good, which included sausage, waffles, and eggs. I do wish there were more vending machines - the only one is by the front check in desk - but that's a minor quibble and there were plenty of ice machines. My suite was basically two rooms joined together with one the living room and the other the bedroom with two queen beds. The living room had a pull out bed/couch. Each room had its own bathroom which was nice when my sister needed a place to stay. Housekeeping seemed good, rooms were a bit dated but fine, and there was a balcony also (albeit without any furniture.) It would have been nice if the pool area had a hot tub but that's not a huge deal. Bonus if you're in town for a football game: walking distance to Reliant stadium so you can save on parking. If you're going to the medical district the motel has a free shuttle that runs hourly which I used and enjoyed.

Room Tip: Further back from the street is probably quiter, and getting an upstairs room would probably also sa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chuck M
Reviewed October 17, 2013

If you like to sleep with the cockroaches, this is your place. Both My coworker and I had cockroaches in our rooms. Building is worn and ready for a huge update, maybe even a bulldozer.
The prices are outrageous for the "quality" you do not recieve. The people working the counter were not professional, sloppy dressers and seemed very unhappy to be there. I was certainly not asked how my stay was when I checked out. I believe they already know thus the reason they do not ask.
I do not have experience with the other hotels in the area but if you are visiting the Reliant Center or dome I would definitely try one of the others.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here despite what I have said stay away from the D building. Definitely inf...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Robert O
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located to the Reliant Center and to I-610. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they had a shuttle to the Reliant Center. I was not expecting that. The Reliant Center is within walking distance but when it's 95 degrees outside, it's nice to get a ride. Plus it will save you the cost of parking if you take the shuttle. This is a modest hotel with few bells and whistles but the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the price is good, and you get a continental breakfast with your stay. I would stay here again if I was in Houston for a game at the Reliant Center.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bigthicket
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Easy check in - polite staff, clean rooms that are spacious and well appointed, Great AC's, lovely pool and flexible access times; GREAT breakfast. The grounds are well kept and parking is a bit tight but adequate. Safe, well lit parking lot and the rooms and suites are very nice. Great Value. have a dedicated dog walking area with poop station - AWESOME! Also non-smoking!!!

Room Tip: I always stayed in the suites - 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeper sofa is comfy in living room as well a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

It's hard to know how to rate this place because it seemed everything was very good or very bad.

For starters, the continental breakfast was more than expected and very good.

Finding ants crawling on the floor and bed was very bad. This strike will keep us from coming back.

Once in the room, I was pleasantly surprised that the furnishings were nice, including refrigerator and microwave. This compared to the heavy security doors which were run-down, leading to interior corridors, which were litered (inside) with leaves and debris which appeared to have blown in and not been cleaned up. Overall, the entrance made me feel uneasy, whether merited or not.

One wall of our room was a glass door which looked out on a concrete slab with a tall, formidable wall with a little gravel path, about a foot wide, left where someone could intrude unseen, and where previous guests deposited their cigarette butts.

...but it also was much cheaper than other choices, so maybe we got what we paid for?

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Travelingmelinda
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night. I had an apnt. at the medical center. There was a convention in Houston that week & a lot of hotels were booked. This is an older motel that had been renovated it had nice shady oak trees in the parking lot & the rooms were ok but nice they even let us check in 1.5 hrs. early. The price wasn't bad either. It had shuttle to the medical but we drove it took under 5 minutes to get there.

• Stayed: July 2013