Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint
Ranked #207 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one week while on business. No problems with the hotel and the staff/management were very nice. The breakfast buffet was very good. Only issue is with the location. There is not much to do around the hotel. We walked next door to the Courtyard for drinks, but they were expensive. We wanted to be next the airport for work, so it was a trade-off to drive a little ways for a nice dinner.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Squeakerandkiki

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My son and I stayed at this hotel during a weekend visit to Houston. Our suite was very stylish, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and very helpful; and the hotel offered a very generous breakfast with a varied choice of breakfast foods. When I checked in I was given a military rate which I thought was good @ 89.00 per night for the suite w/ a King bed and sofa sleeper (very comfortable also). On Saturday night I called the front desk and requested an extension of my stay by one more night and was told that the room was available and that the extension had been noted, with no mention of an increase in rate. However, on Sunday morning around 11:30 a.m. (check out time is @ 12:00 p.m.) housekeeping knocked on the door and ask if we were checking out. I told her that we had gotten the ok "last night for an extension of one more night". The first maid said ok and left only to be followed by another lady from housekeeping asking the same question a few minutes later. After I told the second maid that we had extended our stay, she leaves and we receive a call from the front desk telling us the rates on our suite were going up on our one night extension from 89.00 to 199.00 dollars. Needless to say, we had to pack our bags and check out. At check out we were told "thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again". I feel that our treatment by management was very shabby; I was offended by the whole ordeal and have no intension of ever staying at the chain again.

Room Tip: The whole Inn is very quiet, peaceful and relaxing..upon checkin guests are informed of the need for...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Erma W
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Booked through Expedia as we usually do....re-assured pets welcomed. Called hotel directly confirmed pets allowed at no charge....thought I had it covered. $150.00 charge at departure, stayed at this hotel 8 hours with our two small dogs. Almost twice the room charge. Manager budged to $75.00...his only interest was being able to reprimand the employee who told me no fee would be charged. He wouldn't stand behind his staff member's statement. Was only interested in who said it so he could "Reprimand" them. He kept saying it is on our website. I just tried to find this hotel's website and it took me almost a half an hour to get to their site. Good way to cover. My opinion is if they accept reservations through Expedia, they should be sure this information is posted on Expedia's website. Not cop out and say they have nothing to do with them. While the hotel fit our needs, never in my wildest dreams did I think there could be a pet charge this high for an overnight stay. The manager said they have nothing to do with Expedia, which does not show a pet fee either. Corporate Marriott would not budge either, stood behind their manager, unlike him NOT standing behind his employee. We always call the hotel to check pet policy, even if we book online, guess that isn't even a safe bet!! So we are crossing this location off our travel plans in the future. Our dogs are family and even though Marriott claims to understand that...they take a HUGE dip into your wallet. NEVER , NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bonnie_F_13_13
Reviewed January 10, 2013

While on a business trip, I spent four nights here. Originally tempted by a suprisingly low rate ($79 a night), I was initially concerned when I read some of the negative reviews here. All in all I was very pleased.

The rooms are your basic Residence Inn quality. More suites than rooms. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Indeed, when I initially checked in I wanted to extend my stay by one night. Doing so online lost my initial low-cost rate. But the front desk staff kept that rate in tact, even applied a weekend rate to the final night.

Two other comments. First, with all the construction going on, it's easy to miss the Residence Inn. Look for it's Marriott sister--a Courtyard--right next door. Second, there is very little in the way of worthwhile eateries nearby. Ask the desk staff for a map of local places to eat in the Greenspoint area. Otherwise, you might never find them out.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the end of the hallway. That limits "traffic" noise of families with kid...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here alone on business. I choose this hotel as it was priced right and has a hotel shuttle. I dont usually stay at the extended stay, or residence type places as I always feel like they are the type of things your insurance company sends you to live in when your house burns down. This one however, was surprisingly good. Very clean, exceptional staff - professional and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The rooms are very large with full living area and kitchens. The breakfast was really good as I was expecting a basic American style hotel breakfast - there were many choices, hot and cold - it was also included in the price so bonus. The lounge area in this hotel is also very comfortable, the breakfast bar is located here as well. The hotel shuttle was quick and the driver remembered my name the next day! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway side of the hotel - the freeway is noisy and the windows in my...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We always enjoy booking in a suite-type hotel and this was our first time staying at a Residence Inn by Marriott. Upon our arrival, the front desk attendant, Ashley Adio, was an absolute delight and was so attentive to our needs. Our room was extremely comfortable -- the pool, hot tub and exercise room were also great to use -- love the 24hr. availability. It was so nice to start our day with such an awesome breakfast -- so many delicious selections. We appreciated the hospitality of the hotel staff and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will surely look for Residence Inns for our future travels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We four senior citizens had reservations guaranteed by credit card for a two bedroom suite.
Called the hotel 45 minutes before arriving and were told, for the first time, that they were overbooked and our two room suite was not available.
They put us up in a motel with lumpy beds.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George60956
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Staybridge Suites Houston IAH - Beltway 8
TownePlace Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH
SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport

Been to Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint

Address: 655 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, TX 77060-5901
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Ranked #207 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Price Range: $112 - $174 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint 3*
Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport Hotel at Greenspoint outclasses other north Houston hotels by offering our guests the true home-away-from-home experience. Location is key. We're located just 5 miles from the George Bush Airport and offer fast and free airport shuttle service. The Residence Inn Suites Hotel in Houston at Greenpoint also sits near a variety of exciting activities including Splash Town Park and the Houston Zoo. When you're ready to unwind, our 50% larger Houston hotel suites welcome you with all the comforts of home: full kitchen, separate living area, deluxe bedding and a work area with free Wi-Fi. As the premier choice of Houston Intercontinental Airport hotels for extended-stays, we offer more value every day. Enjoy free breakfast daily, Evening RI Mix (M-W) , an indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center and SportCourt(R). Make Residence Inn your choice among extended-stay suites in Houston for apartment-style living and a warm, homelike environment. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Houston