“Travelers with Pets Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint
Ranked #207 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Booked through Expedia as we usually do....re-assured pets welcomed. Called hotel directly confirmed pets allowed at no charge....thought I had it covered. $150.00 charge at departure, stayed at this hotel 8 hours with our two small dogs. Almost twice the room charge. Manager budged to $75.00...his only interest was being able to reprimand the employee who told me no fee would be charged. He wouldn't stand behind his staff member's statement. Was only interested in who said it so he could "Reprimand" them. He kept saying it is on our website. I just tried to find this hotel's website and it took me almost a half an hour to get to their site. Good way to cover. My opinion is if they accept reservations through Expedia, they should be sure this information is posted on Expedia's website. Not cop out and say they have nothing to do with them. While the hotel fit our needs, never in my wildest dreams did I think there could be a pet charge this high for an overnight stay. The manager said they have nothing to do with Expedia, which does not show a pet fee either. Corporate Marriott would not budge either, stood behind their manager, unlike him NOT standing behind his employee. We always call the hotel to check pet policy, even if we book online, guess that isn't even a safe bet!! So we are crossing this location off our travel plans in the future. Our dogs are family and even though Marriott claims to understand that...they take a HUGE dip into your wallet. NEVER , NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bonnie_F_13_13
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint

Reviewed January 10, 2013

While on a business trip, I spent four nights here. Originally tempted by a suprisingly low rate ($79 a night), I was initially concerned when I read some of the negative reviews here. All in all I was very pleased.

The rooms are your basic Residence Inn quality. More suites than rooms. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Indeed, when I initially checked in I wanted to extend my stay by one night. Doing so online lost my initial low-cost rate. But the front desk staff kept that rate in tact, even applied a weekend rate to the final night.

Two other comments. First, with all the construction going on, it's easy to miss the Residence Inn. Look for it's Marriott sister--a Courtyard--right next door. Second, there is very little in the way of worthwhile eateries nearby. Ask the desk staff for a map of local places to eat in the Greenspoint area. Otherwise, you might never find them out.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the end of the hallway. That limits "traffic" noise of families with kid...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here alone on business. I choose this hotel as it was priced right and has a hotel shuttle. I dont usually stay at the extended stay, or residence type places as I always feel like they are the type of things your insurance company sends you to live in when your house burns down. This one however, was surprisingly good. Very clean, exceptional staff - professional and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The rooms are very large with full living area and kitchens. The breakfast was really good as I was expecting a basic American style hotel breakfast - there were many choices, hot and cold - it was also included in the price so bonus. The lounge area in this hotel is also very comfortable, the breakfast bar is located here as well. The hotel shuttle was quick and the driver remembered my name the next day! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway side of the hotel - the freeway is noisy and the windows in my...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We always enjoy booking in a suite-type hotel and this was our first time staying at a Residence Inn by Marriott. Upon our arrival, the front desk attendant, Ashley Adio, was an absolute delight and was so attentive to our needs. Our room was extremely comfortable -- the pool, hot tub and exercise room were also great to use -- love the 24hr. availability. It was so nice to start our day with such an awesome breakfast -- so many delicious selections. We appreciated the hospitality of the hotel staff and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will surely look for Residence Inns for our future travels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We four senior citizens had reservations guaranteed by credit card for a two bedroom suite.
Called the hotel 45 minutes before arriving and were told, for the first time, that they were overbooked and our two room suite was not available.
They put us up in a motel with lumpy beds.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George60956
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I have stayed here for around 6 months last year (Jan'11 - Jul'11) for a business purpose. From the beginning, I already love the place. Staffs has good service, and very friendly. The receptionists, Mr Abraham Varghese and Samantha are one of the best and always gave us warm greeting and such a hospitality that I will always felt this place as a home. There are also the manager lady, other receptionist lady, night receptionist guy, and the lady who always there preparing breakfast, sorry I forgot their names its been almost a year ago, but they're all be very friendly and hospitable. Always there to help you.

Stayed here due to company training program and the place is just couple blocks away. From the day 1, I was issued Marriott Rewards card. When check out I got Platinum status \:D/. I have since using it for free nights on Marriott hotels around the world.

Pros;
- Room/suit is big. We stayed in a 1 bed room suite. Fridge is big, microwave and kitchenette stuff is complete. Dishwasher is there. Everything is almost perfect. 2 TVs, 1 in living room and 1 in bedroom. You got iron and table, decent bath room which hot water always working. They clean your room everyday.
- Nice Patio off the lobby. Always came here with friends and have nice shisha time.
- Indoor (small) pool, perfect for chill out. But probably more suitable for kids.
- Big parking lot
- Free transfer to Houston Int'l Airport
- Wireless internet seems worked everywhere and of great quality.
- Gym is small but OK
- Eating places nearby is a lot: Popeyes & McD is just one block away. You got church's chicken on your left and also some other places nearby.
- near to Walmart, Fry's, Sport store (Academy), just 3-5 mins drive.
- Free news paper USA today on the lobby.
- Lobby is great
- Minibar-like corner near 24 hr coffee tables at lobby is great.
- 2 desktop PC with internet and laser printer. Convenient to get your stuff printed here (free!).
- Free breakfast is OK. For 1-2 weeks, but if you stayed here for more than a month you might get bored. But it is liveable :D and free
- There's storage room if you plan to go somewhere and come back later to hotel.

Cons;
- Near to greenspoint mall, they got some more food stall to choose from including chinese food. The mall. I've heard this area is fairly dangerous but as long as we kept vigilant and mindful of what we're doing, use common sense, is should be OK. It has police office at the mall and also some army/navy recruiting office so I felt a bit safe. I've never have any problem going to this mall, shoes is fairly cheap here and also came here for foods.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ravvlivius
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Location is 15 minutes from the airport. It is right off the highway. East to find and easy to get to. Rooms were nice and clean.

Pool is broken. Notice on the door said it would be fixed on a date that was already two days past. Sucked for us as we had kids that were hyped up about the indoor pool. No adjustment to the full rate I paid for the room via marriott.com. Staff told us to go to the pool next door. Yah right, in December you want to me place soggy, wet kids outside.

Breakfast service had a waffle maker with no non-stick spray... disaster ensued... So the nice lady took the waffle maker away.... Sweet.

I've been a big fan of Residence Inn, but this one's got me all bitter and sour. I should have gotten better for ~170 per night per room. When I go to Houston next month, I'll be avoiding this one at all costs.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel. Seriously.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family