“Excellent Experience Every Time”

Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #232 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Experience Every Time”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've stayed at this location at least 7 to 8 days out of the month for the last 6 months and I think it's AWESOME! I love their service. Housekeeping personnel are very courteous and polite each and every time. I've never had a problem with receiving everything I need during my stay. And the front desk clerks, I don't know where they find them, but they could come work for me any day...not that I'm trying to steal their employees or anything, but I'm in management and I would love to have a group like them work for me; especially Lawrence. He always has a smile on his face, even when dealing with difficult clients. I don't think I've ever seen him frown. He's very patient, because I'm always a difficult client. I have to be in a certain spot in the hotel and he makes every effort to accommodate me every time.

Room Tip: The KING is the best. The beds in the doubles are a little small for two people, if you ask me. I...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Red Roof Inn Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the staff here at the Red Roof Inn! I just took over as the new management of this hotel and I am elated that the staff here has provided you with just excellent service. I sincerely appreciate the time you took to note the great service each staff member provided you. Be assured that I will personally acknowledge the team members that have gone above and beyond to make your stay so enjoyable!I look forward to meeting you when you return to this hotel next time. Again, thank you giving us your feedback and encouraging words!

Vinny Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I am a systems engineer that travels all through out the Continental United States in the Telecom field and since my stay here 3 weeks ago- I have had nothing but a great experience with the staff here at the ROOF. To begin with, the cleaning staff - especially Marina and Olga have made my stay very pleasent and they are attentive of my room and the equipment that I use for my profession which was a concern-no problems there!!! Also the front desk staff is very professional and greet me everytime I come "home" from work. Lawrence is very hard working and knowledgeable and has recommended local businesses that I have gone to, restaurants, sites, and also where NOT to go- Homerun with all. Most recently I have had the pleasure of meeting Vickie the Regional manager--very outgoing and is concerned with promoting the quality of this Hotel chain- Thanks Vickie for the 15 percent vouchers- I will use them. Elmer a new empolyee is also very courteous and goes the extra mile.
I had the opportunity to stay at a suite next door that offers full amenities- Refrig, stove, etc and was offered the same great rate I am paying here- I refused. Props to you Red Roof Inn NW Houston - keep up the great job!!!!! The pool is also very clean!!!!

Room Tip: I am staying on second floor and no problems with noise and they have a security guard in the evenin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Red Roof Inn Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the staff here at the Red Roof Inn! I just took over as the new management of this hotel and I am elated that the staff here has provided you with just excellent service. I sincerely appreciate the time you took to note the great service each staff member provided you. Be assured that I will personally acknowledge the team members that have gone above and beyond to make your stay so enjoyable! I also appreciate your comments about feeling like this is your home! You will be happy to know that we are actively working to enhance this hotel. In less than one month all our rooms will have microfridges and a guest laundry is currently in the works! All new and current guests will be pleasantly pleased with these enhancements. I look forward to meeting you when you return to this hotel next time. Again, thank you giving us your feedback and encouraging words!

Vinny Patel
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I've had to stay here w my family upon relocating. Yes the carpet and wallpaper in the halls is tacky needs to desperately be renovated. The housekeeping staff is nice and helpful. A few front desk employees stand out such as Jessica L. Who works with you is courteous understanding and has great customer service. Most of the other front desk are texting or surfing the internet and don't greet you. Jessica talks to you like an old friend. Unfortunately management is not great. The manager is not compassionate when helping with billing issues or concerns. Refuses to apologize for misunderstandings. I do recommend the hotel though based on price and staff just don't expect empathy from management.

• Stayed February 2012
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I came into town at the last minute and at this hotel. It was a very pleasant stay and the front desk clerk was extremely nice and professional. If I had to stay in that area again,I would definitely stay again

• Stayed January 2012
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed November 28, 2011

First of all at check in I was given a room that I did not reserve. Front desk tried to help the best they could. Then told me I would get the correct room the next day. Slept in the first room given, it was okay. Floor very dirty and it did not come with micro-frige that I was suppose to have. Hallways very dirty. Only ice machine working is in lobby. Lobby was dirty. Stair ways dirty as well. Second day of stay I was transferred to the room I requested, but it still did not have the micro-frige, they had to bring it from another room. The second room had roaches. Scared to go to sleep and have my luggage. There was a bad smell in second room and a bulb was blowed. I was very disatisfied and don't plan on coming back to this location. The manager was unfriendly as well. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. They need to spray for the roaches, clean carpets, fix holes in walls, paint, deep cleaning. Some care needs to be put into this place. No one seems to care. Not impressed.

Room Tip: Make sure to read reviews and see the rating on the hotels you plan on staying at. Sometimes guest d...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Location location location very good. Nice service. Cannot beat the price.

• Stayed September 2011
Indianapolis
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We were in town for dog show and stayed here. After some of the reviews on here, I was concerned, but a friend had stayed here 2 years ago and said it was good. I explained at check in that I was concerned and they assured me that my room would be a clean room. We go to the room, it is older and dated, but do-able. Later that evening, we spot cockroaches on the ceiling and on the dresser. I FREAKED OUT! I go to the front desk and they offer to move me 3 doors down. They apologize & send me on my way. I inquire about the cockroaches being in there (knowing how they travel) I am assured that there won't be any. The next night, we kill 2 more roaches. They can also be seen in the light fixture in the bathroom. DISGUSTING! We travel all the time for dog shows and we always stay at budget hotels. NEVER have I had to deal with roaches!!!

I went down to front desk to get towels and there was a lady whispering to the clerk that she needed to change rooms. I pulled her aside afterwards and she told me that she had roaches as well. We were on the lower level and she was on an upper level. So it wasn't just our rooms.

also, the service is not the best. We had a couple of great clerks, but one morning I asked if the water in the pot was hot so I could make tea. I was told that it was. Pumped the water into my cup....it was room temp (maybe even cooler). clerk acted like it was no big deal.

BEWARE!