“Excellent Personnel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Personnel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Very pleased to stay at the Westchase Red Roof Inn in Houston, Tx. All of the personnel were very respectful and always willing to help. Roderic, the front desk's, Guest Service Representative, was excellent in providing assistance. He possess superior human skills, is very/sincerely polite, and is a hard worker. The Inn was very clean, even to the point of smelling when walking down the halls, which says a great deal about the individuals who keep the Inn clean. In this writer's belief, this Inn should receive 5 stars!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Red Roof Inns W, Sales and Marketing at Red Roof Inn Houston - Westchase, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Judy K:
Thanks so much for the review of your stay with us. We at Red Roof Inn Westchase appreciate you letting us and others know of your enjoyable experience. We are a dedicated team that pursues excellence in all that we do. We take pride providing a clean, quiet room at an affordable price, while providing world-class service to our guests.
We look forward to your next visit with us very soon.
Happy Holidays from the team at Red Roof Inn Westchase!
Jon B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've always been skeptical in staying at hotels but from the moment I walked into the lobby Timothy Harris put me & my son at ease & made our stay here more than enjoyable. The customer service here is great w an awesome team that follows. The rooms are very well maintained & .. . I just CANT think of any reason why anyone wouldn't want to stay here. I rate my stay here five stars & I'd recommend it to my friends, family & coworkers.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Red Roof Inns W, Sales and Marketing at Red Roof Inn Houston - Westchase, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Tourjapan:
We want to thank you for taking the time to let us know of your positive experience at Red Roof Inn Westchase. Our skeptical clients are often those that become our loyal guests as they know quality when they see it. A quality stay is what you will find here; both in clean, comfortable rooms and world-class service from our desk staff.
Mr. Timothy has over a decade of experience in consistently exceeding client expectations and leads our team by example everyday.
We look forward to your continued loyalty and welcome you to our Red Roof family.
Almaty, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Highly recommended. My wife and I needed to spend three weeks in the area on business. We chose this hotel out of several in the neighborhood (all roughly the same price). We were ready to leave if it didn't work out. We didn't. Sheena (nighttime manager) and Mary (daytime) were excellent. They were as good as any staff I have met at any five star hotel. Their concern, cheerfulness and professional attitude made all the difference. Timothy, the Assistant Manager, was also top notch. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Red Roof Inns W, sales and marketing at Red Roof Inn Houston - Westchase, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Mr. and Mrs.Trebornosnam:
We at Red Roof Inn Westchase appreciate your feedback about your stay with us. We welcome discerning guests such as yourself to visit us and let others know of your positive experience. Sheena and Mary are very experienced customer service agents whom we are very proud of.
To ensure our guest rooms are clean and comfortable, our conscientious cleaning staff works hard to leave a positive impression with our guests.
We welcome you and the Mrs. to visit us again very soon.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had an excellent hosting this hotel. The room is quite large, even though located on the banks of a freeway, the system is excellent soundproofing, In the 4 nights I was there, I had a very peaceful sleep and memorable, because I could watch on television the reelection of President Barak Obama. I really liked the hotel, he would again if needed and recommend anyone to the Westchase regionf .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Martin:
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Westchase during your visit. We appreciate you letting us know about your stay with us. While we are close to the Sam Houston Tollway for our guests convenience, we simultaneously provide clean, quiet rooms at an affordable price.
We provide clean rooms, free cable, and wireless to make our guests' stay a pleasant one.
Thanks again for visiting and Happy Holidays from the Red Roof Westchase team!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Overall Very Comfortably Clean, Quality Stay!
Following a "Not-so-Great", check-in via HOTELS.COM. I have no complaints!
Both Rooms & amenities were Great!
Lobby/Check-in area was very well maintained, never, "crowded"!
Housekeeping, Rosa & the rest, were Always, Very Pleasant, Thorough, & Accommodating!
Front Desk, Roderic, Always, Outstanding Professionalism & Courtesy!
& of course, Ooh-Rah, 24 Hr Coffee!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear SH:
Thank you so much for letting us and others know of your positive experience at Red Roof Inn Westchase. We are very proud of our experienced and conscientious housekeeping staff. Our front desk staff are trained to consistently provide world-class service to our guests in order to make their stay the best it can be. Many of our guest rooms have in-room coffee and of course, free wi-fi.
We welcome your feedback and look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Thanks,
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Best Fall Flounder Fishing ever! I stopped in Houston in route to fish the Galveston Basin for 5 days! The trip included a stay at the Red Roof Inn at the West Chase in Houston. I have been to this hotel 4 times and have a wonderful time each time! The hotel is located and a very rich area of restaurants and shops. But it is the Belt Way 8 that makes it well worth the location. As you know the traffic in Houston can be the most extreme at rush hour but having the beltway and the West Park Toll Way just a block away is fantastic! You can get around the city or travel down to Galveston like i did in no time. But listening to my radio saved me this time when a fuel tanker accident shut down one of the freeways and i took the toll way back to West Chase.

Room Tip: The location is excellent because you are right next door to Belt Way 8 and right down the road from...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ray L
Red Roof Inns W, Sales and Marketing at Red Roof Inn Houston - Westchase, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Mr. Ray L.:

Thank you for sharing with us and others your positive experience at Red Roof Inns Westchase. We have experienced many positive changes over recent years and continue to exceed expectations.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how Red Roof Inn Westchase exceeded your expectations. One can rarely depend on traffic, but you can depend on us to support you with a clean, comfortable room and world-class service to help you experience the best vacation possible. As an added convenience, we are next to Sam Houston Tollway which enables our guests to access all areas of Houston while avoiding traffic delays.

Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to Houston

Buffalo, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Ok, I really have two parts to this review- one for the actual property and one for the staff.
The hotel itself, is exactly what I expected for a $50 room. The lobby and hallways were both clean, and didn't stink. The room was also clean, linens were all soft, and the beds were comfortable. Our room had a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. We were on the third floor, and didn't get any noise from the highway, so we slept well.

Now for the not so great parts, and the parts that would make me NOT stay here again. When we got there to check in, the man behind the counter, Robert, was counting the change in the register. No problem, he addressed us, and I told him to take his time. There was another employee on a phone call in the adjoining room, and the next thing I know, Robert was hollering at this woman telling her to "go the he** home you're off the clock, get the he** outta here!!) Just acting rude!! Then, she turns around and sees us, apologizes for his behavior, and tells us that "his name is Robert if you want to make a complaint". Ok wow. So, he finally stops fussing at her, tries to get us checked in, and in the middle of him being on the computer and getting us checked in, they go at it again! Lots of yelling and cursing from him to her (Sheena). It was crazy. At one point, she made the comment that she "couldn't believe he was talking to her like that in front of customers" and he shouts back "I'm a grown da** man, I can say what ever the [--] I want to in front of who ever I want to!" It got really heated! Before check in was finished, yet another employee appears (didn't get her name) and was on the phone speaking to someone saying "I don't know, Robert is just out of control". Omgeez. He was completely out of line. But I don't think Sheena helped the situation either - after she apologized the first time, she should have just left it alone, but she kept coming back, and at one point brought me a piece of paper with his name on it "in case I wanted to file a complaint". It's like she was egging him on. Ridiculous.
To top off our evening, we were awakened at 5:30 in the morning to the sound of a woman and her "friend" screaming and banging on their room door in the hallway - to the point of blood curdling screams. I called the front desk, and the reply was "I know exactly which room you're talking about, I'm on my way". It may have been Robert who answered the phone, I don't know, but the hollering stopped about 15 minutes later. When we checked out the next morning, we walked over to I-Hop to have breakfast, and a woman's hair weave was in the parking lot.
I feel bad about giving a negative review, because the property itself was okay. The people who were staying there might be shady, but I never felt threatened or in danger. But I definitely wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Aaryn H.:
We would like to thank you for letting us know about your experience while staying at Red Roof Inn Westchase. We welcome your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to address any situation which may compromise our guest's experience while staying with us.
This matter will be addressed by our management team and a corrective action plan will be implemented immediately. Our guests positive experience is top priority and we will ensure our staff is reminded of that priority.
We want to thank you again for your comments. We welcome you to stay with us again very soon and hope that you will let us know of your experiences during your future visits.
Sincerely: