“Terribly dirty”

Ranked #199 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 25, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Sam18836, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Reviewed October 24, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We recently completed our 2nd stay at this location. Although the property is older it is better maintained than some much pricier chains we have stayed at recently. The location feels safer and the traffic is easier to handle than other motels in this area. The staff is very polite & helpful. The breakfast is basic but adequate for this price range as they include protein in the form of sausage biscuits and cream cheese for bagels. This is by far my favorite location of the Super 8 chain. Whenever we need to be on this side of the Houston area we will stay here.

Room Tip: This is the older style with outdoor entry.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have stayed here on multiple occasions and have always been very satisfied. The service has always been excellent. The front desk clerks are polite, knowledgeable and very helpful. They have very reasonable rates, which is a big plus with our economy!!! It may be an older hotel, but it has been taken care of pretty well. It is located in a pretty convenient location, just about any store or restaurant you could imagine is within 5-10 miles in any direction. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Hello! I wasn't expecting a whole lot when my cheap company booked me into this Super 8. I did have a few expectations: 1) decent night's slept 2) safety 3) ability to shower in the morning 4) close proximity to the office I was visiting. One out of four isn't bad!

The hotel looks ok from the outside (older style motel where you park in front of your room). Check-in was a breeze. My non-smoking room didn't smell like smoke - so far so good. My first warning sign was the interior swing lock was nearly broken off the door. Everything else seemed to be in order so I decided to chance it.

The next morning I was awoken at 7:45am to pounding from the cleaning guy. I had forgotten to put my "do not disturb" sign out. This is a little early in my book. No worries - my bad. the cleaning person excused himself and then I attempted to take a shower. That is when i found out that the handle would fall off the shower when I attempted to pull it out. It was apparent that I would need a tool set if I was to shower. I decided to cut my loses and head into my 10 am meeting early (slightly dirty).

I told the morning manager about the shower not working in room 210 and he accused me of not understanding modern plumbing. I honestly didn't care, I just didn't want the next person to experience the same.

The hotel/motel isn't entirely bad. It is cheap. It is close to some Houston area attractions. I was robbed (although someone in my room probably had this attempted).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Sam18836, General Manager at Super 8 Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for voicing your concern. We are very sorry for the inconvenience during your stay. The maintenance issue has been addressed, on the very same day after we were aware of it. Our staff works hard each day to ensure your stay is comfortable and clean. . Please give us a chance and we will make it right.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

very friendly people with very clean environment. we where flooded in with a weeks worth of rain and they where very hospitable.

Room Tip: the dairy queen was very convieniant to have next door. and rooms on the 2nd level r more quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kassidym
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Krishna did an outstanding job when it came to customer service. She went far beyond her call of duty and went out of her way to make my stay here at the Super 8 excellent. I officially nominate her for outstanding employee of the month.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo