“trashy, dirty,drug attic hotel,do not take your kids there”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houston
Ranked #194 of 508 Hotels in Houston
texas
“trashy, dirty,drug attic hotel,do not take your kids there”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

got there or early check in, elevator tore up,got to room to leave luggage about 6pm,then let to take children to kemah boardwalk, returned 11 pm to hotel ,back entrance security lock on door broken anyone o street could walk in,as we entered with children the whole hallway was covered in marijuana smoke people partying loud with door open,so i went to the ront desk and all guy at the desk said was thank u or telling us,nothing was done,so we went on to our room,HIVES,BEDS HAD BEDBUGS ,BATHROOM HAD PUBICAL HAIR EVERYWHERE, WE HAD TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE THAT HOTEL SHOULD BE SUED 4 MY CHILDREN BEING EXPOSED TO THAT TRASH

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
NizarK786, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houston, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
We are very sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. I want to assure you that what you experienced at our hotel is not typical. Once, the front desk was notified of the smell in the hallway, the guest was asked to leave the hotel the same night. Due to our proximity to the Space Center, we host many school and children groups throughout the year and therefore have a no-tolerance policy when it comes to the suspected use of any illegal substance at our hotel. Also, we had your room as well as the hotel in general inspected and we did not find any bed bugs in that room or anywhere else in the hotel. It is possible there may have been some ants, but there were no signs of any bed bugs. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience but want to assure you that we take guest satisfaction very serious at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Angleton, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2011

My Husband and I often travel to the Kemah area for weekend get-aways, we were not pleased with this Hotel at all. The room was very small, hard and uncomfortable bed, the overall hotel did have a smell to it! We normally stay at an average of 10 hotels in year and I would honestly say that I will not return to Microtel at this location or any other!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Vidor, Texas
Reviewed February 2, 2010

This hotel is in a perfect place if you want to attend the annual Ballunar Festival at NASA. It is just across the highway and easy to access NASA from the hotel. Lots of food near, too. Great breakfast! Waffle maker is devine!

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Argentina
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I´ve stay in several hotels of the Microtel chain. They have a reward program called Micropass. They told me that they were charging my reward account every time I stayed in their hotels. But that was a lie, and they didn´t. When I called Microtel Central I received bad treatment that i do no deserve. Do not stay in these liers, please.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Horaciohlr
sfr1
Reviewed August 14, 2008

This little motel is waaay better than the rest of them in the area. I stayed here for one night at the end of July 2008. On the night before, I stayed at the Days Inn down the road and it was terrible! This Microtel was way cheaper and nice (when you are comparing 2 star places). Webster, Texas is literally across the road from NASA and that was the purpose of my stay.

I was pleasantly surprised at the layout and quality of the room at Microtel. It was a micro suite, if you will, with a pullout sofa sitting area with two seat dining table and a double bed on the other side of a bar area that divided the room. The bar area contained a mini fridge, microwave, and sink, with plenty of counter space to empty your pockets or drop your laptop. Although small and cramped, the room was modern looking and clean. (Remember "Micro" is in the name :) The bathroom was super clean, but no toiletries. The free wireless internet service was great!

The lobby is clean and welcoming, with a flat screen TV and 24 hour free coffee machine. In the morning there is a small breakfast service that looked like cereal, muffins danish, waffles and the like, but I did not partake due to the crowd of kids. (This is where the kids that are accepted into the prestigious NASA High School summer program stay.)

The staff was pleasant and courteous. I would recommend this place over any of the others on this street, except the Hilton...but I have never stayed there. Overall, this is a good value in the 2 star range.

• Liked — free internet access, free parking, small outdoor pool
  • Disliked — 2 star place, because there are no 4-5 star hotels in the area
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, TX
Reviewed August 10, 2008

As a disclaimer, let me state first that I was in Clear Lake on business and my company placed me here. It would not have been my first choice.

The first thing you notice on your way to the elevator is the smell. They spray some destinkifying spray to cover the stench of the bags of garbage in the halls, the sweaty old clothes left in the stairwell, and the rotting food in the stairwell. Carpets are stained and the paint is peeling. Standard rooms had hand-lettered paper signs taped to them saying "conference room." Classy.

The rooms are tiny and spartan. The beds and pillows are very firm, but that's how I like them. Don't go barefoot. The carpets are filthy.

The free breakfast is minimal. The usual cheap frozen blueberry and banana muffins. Decent coffee. And a waffle iron with a black, charred waffle still stuck to it, abandoned. Wonder how long it had been left there.

The location is great, especially if you're planning to go to JSC. Lots of places to eat within walking distance.

If you can afford it, spend an extra 20-30 bucks and stay somewhere nicer.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — filth
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank storkdoc
genie15
Reviewed October 28, 2007

I stayed there for a week in mid 2007. To corroborate the idea that Microtel is NOT clean, I can tell you that I developed 10 staph infections on back from sleeping in the unclean bed. Needless to say, I had to go to the ER, get each abscess lanced and packed and go on IV and oral antibiotics. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gene15
Microtel994, GM at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houston, responded to this review, May 18, 2008
Guest was upset at not getting the appropriate room type. This guest was asked for the hospital reports of the Staph Infection so we can forward to our Insurance carrier who would be more than willing to compensate the Guest. Guest refused and said he had nothing from the hospital. Needless to say, this person did not get the staph infection by staying at the hotel. - GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Budgetel Inn Houston
#332 of 508 in Houston
Clear Lake
TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houston? Share your experiences!