Hotel Derek Houston Galleria
$200
Hotels.com
$209
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$251
$219
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$247
$359
$309
Marriott Hotels
1,357 results
All reviewsgalleria areaboutique hotelthe loopstarbucks coffeevalet servicefree shuttlerevolvescvsconciergerobescouchconferencefreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2013

we stay at Hotel Derek for one night. The hotel's decor is really nice but when we arrived in our room the sheets on both double beds had stains on them and seemed to not have been changed for a while. The housekeeping service was excellent and changed the sheets right away, but I wouldn't except this for a 3.5-4 star hotel. Parking is a little steep at 20 dollars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HSTravelers
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Derek for the first time, for a short business trip . Upon check in i was attended by a gentlemen called Two . I asked him for a room far. away from the elevator and i ended up being placed right next to one , what a irony ! Does the front desk know what they are doing ? Wasn't informed where anything was located . Would of been great to point out all the outlets and elevator location .Im giving Hotel Derek poor ranking due to below mediocre customer service .

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Gvanderwood76
Shawn G, General Manager at Hotel Derek Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Although we strive for exceptional service for each of our guests, we sometimes fall short and it seems that was the case here. I encourage you to contact me directly when your business calls for your return to Houston so that we can welcome you back and provide the type of experience we want all of our guests to have.
Live Well,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Hotel Derek is probably one of the best hotel values you will find anywhere with great weekend rates and a convenient location. On my most recent trip I wanted to commend Peyton at the front desk as she provide me with excellent service, informed me of the free breakfast special I had forgotten about, and when I needed to make a change to my reservation she was able to do that quickly. I wanted to acknowledge her and the rest of the Hotel Derek staff for the great jobs they do.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Marcus, thank you for your recent visit to Hotel Derek and the fantastic comments on Miss Peyton! We share notes like yours with our team and they make a big impression. We thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Live Well,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Derek. The room had a nice boutique feel. I don't always stay at hotels like this but I really enjoyed it here. Had a drink down at the bar and service was very good. Everything about the room seemed fresh and clean and we had a large seating area by the window. The only negative thing is the pay to park nature of the hotel but that is not by any means unique to the Derek. We were able to park on a street right next to it for free. It is a great location with many restaurants and other things around. For Texas standards, it is close to downtown. If you are from NYC, you will probably think it is "far." All I can say is that at least you didn't accidentally stay in the Woodlands.

Room Tip: A room facing Westheimer or the I-45 has more to see.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We booked this room thru Expedia.com for $99, which is a great rate for the location. The lobby area of the hotel is pretty nice. The rooms are more of a boutique type hotel. We usually stay at Hilton or Hampton Inn and compared to these hotels the rooms are pretty small. The sink in the restroom took up most of the counter space. I barely had room to put my makeup bag, which is pretty small. The bathtub was small and while taking a shower the water drain very slow, so by the time I was done with my showers (which are fairly quick) the water was above my ankles. The towels also smelled bad, like a musty smell. Also, the bathroom door was a sliding door, which was a little strange. We arrived back after a Saturday night out at 3 am and our neighbors were arguing and the security and HPD came up and took care of the incident asap.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple