“Amazing Service, Comfortable Bed and Great Location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Willowbrook Mall
Ranked #45 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This has been the third time I have stayed here and have been impressed each time. The level of service is actually better than I receive at 5 star hotels, part of it is because they know your name and the level of service is uncompromised excellence.

Monday - Thursday evening they have the managers reception which is in essence a full meal, and the breakfasts are also great.

The location by the mall and off of FM190 makes it convenient for shopping as well as food.

Great place, and actually reserved it already for next year.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
HWSwillow, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Willowbrook Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Dear Vballguy63,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton in Houston. We are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel and we would love to have you stay with us again! Please think of us when coming back to Houston.

Best Wishes,
Elena

Reviewed June 3, 2011

My family of three stayed at the Homewood Suites Willowbrook for 2 nights in May 2011. The 1 bedroom king suite we had was spacious, clean, and updated. The complimentary breakfast in the morning far exceeded our expectations, as they had hot food each morning (and it was very good). The only issue I had was that both of our keys stopped working after the 1st night, so I had to walk all the way back down to the lobby from the 3rd floor to get it resolved. Of course it was late at night and my daughter was asleep in my arms. No worries though, it was quickly resolved and the front desk representative apologized for the error. The check in and out process was fast and easy and the hotel is located conveniently next to the mall with tons of dining options within walking distance. I'd stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tampa1029
HWSwillow, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Willowbrook Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

Dear Tampa1029,

Thank you so much for your nice comments! Our team strives to deliver great service to each and every guest on daily basis. Our goal is also to make you feel as close to home as possible, while traveling on business or pleasure. We want to be "Your home away from home". And, Thanks to satisfied guests like you, we feel that we succeed and we feel great about our jobs.
We are looking forward to having you and your family here soon!

Best wishes,
Elena Atieh

Reviewed March 13, 2011

Having previously stayed at other Homewood Suites I had a good opinion of them. HS provides Breakfast and Dinner (the later Mon-Thur) and the food was usually pretty good.

This HS however must have been on a budget crunch. BF was fine, but who eats refined beans for breakfast in this country? At least they had the waffle maker out everyday and that was good. The usuals - oatmeal, fruit, some variation of an egg - were all there and edible.

Dinner was entirely different. I guess if I drank alcohol, it would have made the food better, but hotdogs with crusty, hard buns is not my idea of an evening meal. For those who drink, they have unlimited beer and wine (whine?). Why go to the expense of providing any food at all if its going to suck? Fortunately there are MANY restaurants in the area as an alternative. So enjoy the free beer/wine and go somewhere else to eat.

The first floor hallway reeked of cigarette smoke and the grounds immediately outside the hotel smelled of animal feces more often than not. They allow smoking on the third floor and in 1 room on the first (the floor where I had my room). Inside my room was pleasant smelling. But I dreaded every time I left my room because of the hallway stink (and so did my kids).

The carpet in many areas was frayed and in my room parts of the floor were exposed. If I stepped on a seam without shoes I could feel a tack in my foot.

They have an indoor pool - which isn't heated. Kind of a bummer with my kids this time of year since it was pretty cold. I imagine its not in issue in July. Hopefully they have good ventilation though. I could see the pool room becoming its own sauna.

Overall, I would give them 2/5 stars - or if I get one of those Hilton questionnaires, about a 4 or 5 overall. I can not honestly think of an area where I would give them the 9 or 10 Hilton wants from its properties when they send out the surveys. Not bad enough that I won't try another Homewood again, but I won't recommend this one to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
HWSwillow, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Willowbrook Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

Trilete,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the breakfast and dinner meals you expected. Our complimentary breakfast and welcome home reception are comprised of traditional food items, but may also include dishes that are enjoyed locally here in Houston. Unfortunately, we may have missed an opportunity to provide you a quality meal in the evening during your visit, but we are taking our guests' suggestions seriously and we already made some changes to our menu. We try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites Willowbrook Mall, and understand your frustration. On your next visit to the area, we hope you consider staying with us again so we can demonstrate the excellent food service and hospitality we are known for.

Reviewed December 9, 2010

I stayed here for 4 nights while on business travel. This was a comfortable hotel and I would stay here again. Here were the pros and cons:

PROS:

- The room was above expectations. It was spacious and nice, one of the best rooms I've seen for a hotel in this category. There was a living room, kitchen, dining area, and a door leading to the bedroom (w/ a King bed) and bathroom. There were 2 large flat screen TVs - one in the living room, and one in the bedroom directly across from the bed, which was fantastic. One note, I also visited my coworker's 2-bedroom suite in this hotel, and the TVs in her suite were not flat screen. They were the old style. So not all rooms had flat screen TVs.

- The staff were very courteous and helpful.

- The daily complimentary hot breakfast was delicious and convenient. I didn't try the daily complimentary dinner because there weren't vegetarian options.

- The hotel was by a mall and very close to restaurants.

CONS:

- The shower curtain was single-layered and not water-resistant! It was just made of normal cloth, and didn't cover the entire length of the bathtub. Everytime I took a shower, the bathroom floor would get flooded with a lot of water.

- The shower made a loud, high-pitched screeching noise every 10 seconds, with a pause for about 5 seconds, then it would screech again. This was ongoing and made the showering experience very awful.

- The water pressure for the bathroom sink was low. Sometimes the water came out in spurts.

- The A/C pipe had a strange scratching noise coming from it all night long. Either there was a mouse in there, or it was just old.

Even though this hotel had areas that could be improved, I would stay here again because of the nice rooms and proximity to restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank shinywings
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I have stayed at this Homewood suites many times over the last 12 years, it hasn't changed changed much though FM1960 just keeps on growing. several restaurants withing walking distance and that's this homewood suites strongest asset.

easy access of 249.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2010

One of my favourite places to stay. The rooms are spacious. There's a kitchen/living area, doors through to the bedroom, and from the bedroom there's doors through to the bathroom. The staff are excellent, breakfast is good.

The rooms have a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, 2 TVs, AC, free wireless etc. The Willowbrook Mall is just over the road and there are loads of good restaurants just behind the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2010

This hotel has everything. Quite location close to numerous restaurants & shopping, impeccably clean, seperate bedroom w/doors, super comfortable beds, happy & courteous employees & a great breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple