“Simply Deeeelightful!”

Ranked #53 of 508 Hotels in Houston
USA
“Simply Deeeelightful!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

They are booked pretty solid so if you can get a room consider yourself fortunate! Starting with GM to Staff they are wonderful, courteous and make the stay like being with friends! The suites are terrific and its the full tilt! Full Fridge for you who like to shop - but you really don't have to as they serve a wonderful hot breakfast and Monday through Friday have delicious din-din with different menu each evening! Nice pool and work out room too! Wifi is great and you will enjoy your stay because of the convenience factor to main arteries for getting around town.

Room Tip: I am sure all rooms are as terrific as mine was!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tracy J, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Westchase, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. Your review and time means a lot to us! We hope to see you again the next time you find yourself in Houston. If you would like assistance with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely
Tracy James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Paris, France
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I choose this hotel for my last business travel in States and stayed 4 weeks there. The staff is friendly and I could have a rebate.
I would probably be back there again as it is in a good location for restaurants and near my us office

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Psadegh
Tracy J, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Westchase, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. It helps us to create a better experience for our guests. I was glad to see that you were pleased with the service of our staff. We hope to see you again. If you would like assistance with any future reservations please let us know.
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I'm a Diamond member & travel extensively for business & love staying at Homewood Suites but this one is by far the worst. The coffee is the worst of all many hotels EVER stayed at, thought it was just one day but everyday had several coffee grind particles & if you can't even enjoy a cup of coffee, that's bad. Upon check in, room only had used toilet paper left from previous guest & didn't evn provide an extra one, housekeeping off evenings. Fitness center A/C out & 82 degrees and no maintenance on duty to fix. Front doors not automatic which makes it difficult w/luggage and no service to help you. Placed me near housekeeping rooms & really noisy @ night, had trouble sleeping. Not sure why front desk mentioned no housekeeping service evenings. Initially booked reservations for several weeks but cancelled them all! I will be staying at Residence Inn Houston Westchase on Westheimer which I have stayed at & is great! Sorry Homewood, you REALLY disappointed me this time.

Room Tip: Attn Hilton Members, worst Homewood. Do yourself a favor and stay @ the Residence Inn Houston Westc...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tracy J, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Westchase, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying at our hotel; I can assure you guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. I would like to assure you after we spoke over the phone, all issues concerning the gatehouse, housekeeping, and engineering staff were addressed.; we have 24/7 access to engineers, and this should have been provided to you. We appreciate your business, and hope with our continued efforts to improve you will stay with us again next time you find yourself in the area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like assistance with future reservations.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We used to stay in this hotel when visiting on Business. Now have dropped it from the list. The hotel is nice, good rooms, beds, good food also. The security at this hotel is in question. Two of my co-workers bags and laptops were stolen from the breakfast area and the hotel has no clue about the same. This has happened on different occasions. Hence this is not on the list anymore.

Room Tip: Be careful of your belongings always!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Tracy J, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Westchase, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your response, feedback allows us to create better experiences for our guests. I am troubled to hear that your co-workers had items taken. Please feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss a resolution. I noticed that your stay date is reporting as October 2011. Is this when your co-workers had the issue? We are glad to hear that you felt the rooms, beds, and food were good. It is very important to us that our guests have a secure, satisfying stay. I hope that the next time you are in Houston you stay with us. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Gilford, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 16, 2012

On my most recent business trip to Houston, I stayed at this hotel and was very impressed. Being a frequent traveler I have had some bad experiences, but upon arrival, I was met with friendly and professional staff and had no problem with my reservation. After reading the recent review from Melissa K., I felt we must have stayed at different hotels. Yes, the hotel at first glance may seem dated, but my room was immaculate as was the business center and pool area. Everytime I met a housekeeper in the hallways, I was asked if there was anything that they could do to make my stay more enjoyable, and believe me that was a first for me. I enjoyed the variety of food that was served in the mornings and evenings, and was approached each time to ask if there was anything they could help me with or get me. On the week-ends, I would leave early in the morning and return late at night, and found fresh coffee each time, and once was asked if I wanted to have a fresh pot made, I've never experience that before. Being a middle aged woman traveling alone, I felt very safe leaving the hotel early in the morning and late at night, I observed security people at all times. I will most definitely stay here every time I travel to Houston, and have told my business associates and friends to also stay here, they will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Travelers would be satisfied in any room they chose.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
College Station, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2012

To start out the hotel is old, and smells old. They messed up my reservations, I was staying there for work and need a hotel to live out of for 2 weeks at a time. My reservations were made the same time as my co-worker (by the same person) and for some reason they only had me booked for one night. I was then told they didn't have room for me and I would have to change rooms. Got to my room and had a large piece of chicken in the mircowave from the prior guest. The shower had hair from someone shaving in it stuck in the seams of the tile. The food was decent, if you got there in time to eat before everything was gone. In the two weeks I stayed there, there was coffee ready only twice, all the other times I had to ask for them to bring more out. Also they start putting everything up 20 min before it should be shut down, for a person that works nights and doesn't wake up until 9:30 it didn't work out for me to even try to eat breakfast there. Very noisy, had to fix AC vent myself. From now on will always carry a screwdriver in my purse I guess. The comforter is a regular comforter not the kind with a cover on it and it is dark, so you can't see dirt on it or anything else on should get one for my house so no one would be able to tell if its dirty. And if the lack of cleanliness isn't enough, plus not having food to eat when I'm actually awake there is no security. My co-workers pick-up got stolen a few nights ago from the parking lot. Will never go back!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WestchaseHWS_GM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Westchase, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Melissa,
Thank you for your feedback, it helps us to create a better guest experience. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the quality of the food that was served. I apologize that you had issues upon arrival with your reservation. We strive to ensure that our reservation process is accurate and problem free for our guests. I have spoken with the front desk to help prevent this issue from happening again. I also apologize that there were cleanliness issues in your room. I have addressed this with the Housekeeping manager, and the housekeeper that cleaned your room prior to your arrival. Cleanliness matters to us, and your experience does not sit well with our team. I have also spoken with our gatehouse staff about your concerns. It is our practice to refill the coffee when it is less than half full. Breakfast should never be taken down early. I have had our engineer conduct preventative maintenance on the air conditioner in your room. Our bedding does consist of a white comforter inside a dark duvet cover. We are scheduled for a renovation this year and will be replacing the soft goods in the room with a different color scheme. We have a security team that works overnight. Unfortunately we did have an issue of theft in the parking lot. It occurred after 7am. The police arrived promptly and we are currently working through this with the guest involved. We take the safety and security of our guests and staff very seriously. The customer service we provide to our guests is of the utmost importance to us. I hope that the next time you are in Houston you will stay with us. If you would like assistance with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Tracy James
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which meant the living area and bedroom are 2 distinctive separate rooms. The room was spic and span clean, beautifully decorated, and decked out with everything one would need for a 5 star stay. The computer connection was effortless, loved the quality bathroom toiletries, and felt secure with an in room safe for valuables. They really thought through what one would need for a short term or extended stay. The common areas were as excellent as the rooms. The breakfast is over and beyond the continental breakfast at many hotels. There are hot items and it seems like a wonderful chef is cooking their specialty for every meal. The food is displayed beautifully and always out before serving time. The manager's reception is quality as well. They don't just serve hors d'oeuvres but a complete meal. The month's menu plan is on the full size refrigerator in your room and there is very little repeat in a month. EVERYONE working for this hotel is all smiles, happy you're there, and willing to please. My husband and I have a trip planned in Dallas in the upcoming month and had reservations at a new Holiday Inn Express. After staying in Homewood Suites Westchase I changed our reservations to a Homewood Suites in Dallas.

Room Tip: Higher floors may experience less noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family