“Really enjoyed our stay.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA
Ranked #92 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. 1K and 2DB. The rooms were clean. Having a fridge, stove top and microwave were handy for our week stay. My daughter loved the pool. It is settled between the hotel on 4 sides and was shady by late afternoon. Well stocked with towels. There was a 1/2 basketball court. The lobby area was well appointed and comfy. Coffee available 24/7. We checked out movies from the front desk. No charge and the selection was suprisingly up to date. You could find popcorn or chocolate chip cookies near the front desk. The breakfast was good and hot everyday. Supper was offered M-F. Reggie was very friendly and helpful. All the staff were friendly and accommodating. Great location near NASA. Not far from Kemah Boardwalk and only about 45 min to Galveston Island. Baybrook Mall was nice and close by. Lots of restaurants in the area as well as Walmart.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 19dana
Julian J, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2015

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton in Houston. We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel and we would love to have you stay with us again! Please think of us when coming back to Houston.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We actually stayed here the first night we arrived in Houston Hobby airport (15 minutes away) because we were going to NASA (about 5-7 minutes away) before heading north of Houston for a wedding. I picked this hotel for the two bedrooms (1 double and 2nd had 2 doubles; living room sleeper sofa) and two baths with sinks separate from bath/toilet. We were all very happy, and comfortable (7 of us), but the suite was far from the elevator (back of hotel). In fact we enjoyed it so much we booked the suite again for the night before coming home since it is so close to Hobby Airport. The breakfast was excellent, with a nice variety. The second night we stayed they even had make your own fresh waffles. It was nice because we were able to go down as we were each ready and also we brought back food for my disabled father so he can enjoy his breakfast in the privacy of the suite. They had a coffee station with disposable travel cups. We didn't get there early enough for the dinner though. It isn't far from I-45 and there are plenty of restaurants, sit down or fast food according to your preference, and lots of shopping. The staff was very pleasant and friendly, and the rooms were very clean. We wanted to use the pool with the kids but time didn't allow us to. When in the area again I would definitely plan a stay here, as well as consider any Homewood Suites in other areas.

Room Tip: Suite was great for families with a full kitchen. Table to eat at is small though.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Beckaha
Julian J, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2015

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Front desk clerks were helpful. Many of the staff said "Hello" during my stay, which was nice. Suites were spacious and accomodating.Breakfast had lots of choices with to-go options. Exercise room is small. Pool may be ok for kids, but overall is not very invititng. BBQ grills available, but nobody seemed to use them or even know they were there. Small basketball court not worthy of even being there...should remove & plant a garden or landscape. Hotel located in a quiet area, strip mall next door w/ many vacant stores. Parking is free with good lighting and security. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if for nothing else but the comfortable room and good breakfast.

Room Tip: Preferred a room location on first floor facing the pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RBETTEN

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We had a great stay here during Spring Break 2012, incorporated with my husband working in Houston for 2 days!! We chose this location for its proximity to NASA Johnson Space Center, Galveston Beach and Kemah Boardwalk,all of which we enjoyed during our vacation!! The breakfast and dinners were great for us to feed our boys and save money! They enjoyed getting up before us and going and getting their own so that was a plus! Reggie (catering/kitchen) was awesome, always had a smile and made sure everything was plentiful!! And even though it was cool outside and early in the season, the pool was clean and fresh towels were there when the boys had to swim!! We'll definitely stay again when visiting the area!! ;>)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank moniluvsdean

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I spent three nights here on business and I have very mixed reviews about my stay. This is not a brand new property and it does show its age a little bit. I am a Hilton Honors member, when I checked in I was put into a room with two very small beds even though I had reserved a King size bed. I called the front desk to get that changed and there were no King size beds clean so I had had to wait on the room. I had to leave the hotel and they did move my luggage for me, to room 305. Room 305 is about 40 feet from a train track and intersection and a train comes by there at 320 EVERY morning and blows its horn over and over. I would almost say all three floors of odd number rooms on that side of the hotel have to hear this! You need to take that into consideration when checking into this hotel.
They do offer a free breakfast, dinner and cocktails. My breakfast was fine every morning I was there and different every day. The dinners were not very much and were not very tasteful; they were food and if all you were looking for is something to eat it would suffice. The cocktails were a big joke; some nasty draft beer put into pitchers and set out for you to help yourself to. Also a red and white wine laid out the same way.
I am not a disgruntled person, just very disappointed in my stay at this hotel, they cannot do anything about the train track but they could look at Hilton Honors request and see if someone requests a quiet room not put them near a train track. The room is old but they are trying to update it, small shower head with not much pressure, and a big black stain in the room on the carpet that needs to be cleaned. I am not done with Hilton or Homewood Suites, I like them both but I would try something different my next visit here.

Room Tip: read my review they are next to a train track and intersection
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank 3and4
Julian J, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2015

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Our two boys, my husband and myself stayed here while visiting Johnson Space Center. There were two bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen and living room - plenty of space for everyone. It was clean, well appointed, quiet, absolutely perfect. The breakfasts had something for everyone - hot eggs, bacon or sausage and potatoes, the usual cereals, yogurt, bagels, muffins, canned mixed fruit and make your own waffles. We didn't try it, but they also served a dinner which was included. So if you were on a budget with a family, you could save money by eating two meals here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JJ5605
Joan M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

“Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton in Houston Clear Lake, Texas. We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel and we would love to have you stay with us again! Please think of us when coming back to Houston.
Best regards,
Joan Medland
Director of Sales
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Houston Clear Lake

Reviewed October 28, 2011

We spent 3 months here. It became just like home. This property is a little older, but still good. I found the food was a little better than most extended stay places (breakfast and evening meals and drinks). The staff did not have much information about anything outside the immediate area, but were willing to spend a lot of time looking for information. They went out of their way to make us feel at home and get to know the area. They are a big fan of kids. They also helped us get a good rate on our next location.

This location in the southeast of Houston is good location for business in the area and the space center, but not very close to anything in Houston.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the sport court - though most of the 2bdrms are on that end.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SzczRob

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Clear Lake
TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA? Share your experiences!