“Nice alternative for the Galleria hotels”

Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria
Ranked #12 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The hotel is close to the Galleria and offers a cheaper alternative to the more upscale hotels in the galleria area. Check in took rather long but we were waived or parking fee because of the wait. Hotelroom was clean, nice beds and quiet rooms. Typical Hampton Inn quality. Breakfast was well organized and with plenty of choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
GMHamptonGalleria, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We apologize for the lengthy check in process but am glad to hear they took care of your parking for the inconvenience. We look forward to seeing you again soon and giving us the chance to receive a five star review!

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Clean and reasonably priced. Centrally located and great places to eat close by. This is my go to business hotel when I go to Houston and I need to move around the city. The only reason I give four stars is that parking should be free. I just don't get why a Hampton inn would charge for parking.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoy staying here while in town on business. With parking at a premium in the Galleria area, we hope you find the value in paying for a secure, convenient lot. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Everyone was super nice and accomodating during my stay. I will not stay anywhere else when I visit Houston! I have stayed at a few other places on my visit to the city, but never recieved such a level of service! Kudos to the management team on their great staff!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the five star review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoy our Hotel so much and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I like this Hampton Inn a lot. It is close to the Galleria and it is surrounded by great places to eat. For those needing coffee, the Starbucks is directly across the street. The hotel lobby is clean as are the rooms. I stayed on the first floor and did have quite a bit of hallway noise through my door. Staying on another floor might make this a moot point. Bed was comfortable and sheets were clean. The front desk staff was friendly and help at both my check-in and check-out. Breakfast was typical Hampton with cold and hot items. The staff of the hotel go out of their way to help you and make sure you have everything you need. There is an evening reception during the week with beer, wine, and hor d' oeuvres. Great job and I will return. I would recommend t this property if staying in the Galleria vicinity.

Room Tip: To reduce hallway noise, do not stay on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Clean, up to date and very friendly staff. Across the Highway from the Galleria so it is in a nice area but charging as if it were a Westin or the JW Marriot. Pool, nice lobby, breakfast area and a nice clean bedroom. My only issue is that it is somewhat noisy in the halls as the rooms are very soundproof and when someone closes there door nearby you can hear it ...Loudly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We certainly understand your concerns with price, but please know we do stay competitively priced with Hotels in the surrounding area. We hope you found value in complimentary internet and free breakfast which are not included in all Hotels. We are glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope we can host you again on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed for a week in this hotel and I could not make a local or long distance call in the entire week, even though I complained almost every day. Additionally during my check-out I left a shirt in the room, I returned after a couple of hours and it was now where to be found.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had some trouble with your phone and that we were not able to address the problem accordingly. We have also checked in lost and found and have not found a shirt that was left. We always strive for five star service and apologize that your standards were not met during this trip. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Galleria area.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have never stayed at a Hampton before until this visit to Houston and was blown away by the quality of service, upkeep of the hotel and all the amenities available. If you are traveling in the Galleria area, you must stay here to check out this fantastic team of hospitality professionals. Great job!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your five star review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!