“Very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria
Ranked #14 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Flower Mound, Texas
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel was updated and very clean. Beds were comfortable and I felt confident that the bed linens/duvet cover were clean. The free continental breakfast was excellent and available until 10 a.m., which was nice for those of us that don't want to get up too early. Great location, close to shopping. Overall, we had an enjoyable stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

The location is great; close to restaurants, the Galleria, supermarkets but the hotel itself is just average. Smallish rooms & nondescript. Unlike other Hampton Inns, there is no self service laundry on site.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sam267267, Executive Sales Manager at Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi JYPA,
I always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially ways we can improve the guest experience. As we consider refreshing options, we will keep your suggestion about the laundry in mind. The next time you're in the area we hope you'd consider staying with us again.

Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Booked room with two queen beds. Nice size room with comfortable beds. Bathroom did not have bathtub which was a bit inconvenient since we were traveling with a baby. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast included in hotel price. Served egg omelets, bacon, sausage, biscuits, waffles, and a variety of fruit, cereals, pastries. The location was great...nice area near Galleria. Lots of restaurants nearby. Booked hotel through travel site. Room was much lower cost that booking directly through Hampton's web site.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cbrowne
Sanibel Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My stay at the Hampton Inn near the Galleria was very enjoyable. Great location-right off of I-610 and close to all levels of restaurants and shops.
The initial welcome was friendly and check-in accomplished quickly. The room was clean, with plenty of outlets for computer, phone, etc. The bed felt great, but the pillows seemed very small. The refrigerator in the room was most welcome. The hotel was full but remained quiet for a good night's sleep. Since it was full, breakfast was pretty crowded and you had to wait for toaster, waffle maker, etc., but things on the breakfast bar were refilled rapidly when they started to get low.
Issues:
1. Computer/Internet: Internet speed was slow in the room. Went downstairs to print my boarding pass, the computers in the lobby were filled with people on Facebook, surfing the net, etc. It took numerous trips to the lobby before I could print the pass. Many hotels have a computer dedicated solely to travel arrangements such as obtaining boarding passes, perhaps one computer here could be designated and limited as such.
2. While the parking fee didn't seem unreasonable, not all customers felt obligated to pay. I followed one man in from the front lot, where he parked a car. While I waited behind him, I heard him distinctly say he didn't have a car. Either everyone should pay or nobody should. I recommend the hotel institute some sort of system for recognizing cars parked overnight. (hanging tag, dashboard pass, etc.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stay here almost every time I go into the Houston area. The locaton is a bit outside of Downtown where I spend most of my time, but the value/cost is much better. The check in process is usually only a few minutes. The rooms are always clean and more than meet my expectations. I love having the fridge in the room. The selection on the TV is limited. The breakfast is pretty good...it's not to order, but there is some good selections there. I wish they didn't charge for parking, but it's a nominal amount. The internet is fairly slow, gotta be a little patient there.

Room Tip: Panera bread up the street, a great stop.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank xigiff
Brownsville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very clean and very spacious. We had a non-smoking, double queen-sized room. It had a comfortable area where to work at the end of the day, enough plugs everywhere. Bathroom was clean and looked nice. The price was great at under $90 - we have paid twice as much and gotten similar value in other places in Houston, so that this room was only that much was a big surprise. They seem to have a small staff at the front, but they were friendly and helpful. We liked it and will definitely use again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMHamptonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I agree that we offer many amenities at a great value. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Midland, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff was helpful and friendly, even though they lost my boss' credit card authorization form. Lucky for me, I had brought the original with me. The gentleman at the front desk that I dealt with was very apologetic for the mistake even though it wasn't his fault. The breakfast was your standard issue Hampton Inn Breakfast and usual pretty good. The wifi was incredibly slow. I ended up just using my iPhone as a hotspot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to post a review. I would like to apologize for the slow internet; that can be frustrating when you are trying to accomplish a task. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our facilities, as we take pride in the cleanliness of property. We truly appreciate your business, and hope to see you again!