“Large, comfortable room near Galleria”

Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria
Ranked #14 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Beaumont, Texas
“Large, comfortable room near Galleria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Booked room with two queen beds. Nice size room with comfortable beds. Bathroom did not have bathtub which was a bit inconvenient since we were traveling with a baby. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast included in hotel price. Served egg omelets, bacon, sausage, biscuits, waffles, and a variety of fruit, cereals, pastries. The location was great...nice area near Galleria. Lots of restaurants nearby. Booked hotel through travel site. Room was much lower cost that booking directly through Hampton's web site.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cbrowne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Sanibel Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My stay at the Hampton Inn near the Galleria was very enjoyable. Great location-right off of I-610 and close to all levels of restaurants and shops.
The initial welcome was friendly and check-in accomplished quickly. The room was clean, with plenty of outlets for computer, phone, etc. The bed felt great, but the pillows seemed very small. The refrigerator in the room was most welcome. The hotel was full but remained quiet for a good night's sleep. Since it was full, breakfast was pretty crowded and you had to wait for toaster, waffle maker, etc., but things on the breakfast bar were refilled rapidly when they started to get low.
Issues:
1. Computer/Internet: Internet speed was slow in the room. Went downstairs to print my boarding pass, the computers in the lobby were filled with people on Facebook, surfing the net, etc. It took numerous trips to the lobby before I could print the pass. Many hotels have a computer dedicated solely to travel arrangements such as obtaining boarding passes, perhaps one computer here could be designated and limited as such.
2. While the parking fee didn't seem unreasonable, not all customers felt obligated to pay. I followed one man in from the front lot, where he parked a car. While I waited behind him, I heard him distinctly say he didn't have a car. Either everyone should pay or nobody should. I recommend the hotel institute some sort of system for recognizing cars parked overnight. (hanging tag, dashboard pass, etc.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stay here almost every time I go into the Houston area. The locaton is a bit outside of Downtown where I spend most of my time, but the value/cost is much better. The check in process is usually only a few minutes. The rooms are always clean and more than meet my expectations. I love having the fridge in the room. The selection on the TV is limited. The breakfast is pretty good...it's not to order, but there is some good selections there. I wish they didn't charge for parking, but it's a nominal amount. The internet is fairly slow, gotta be a little patient there.

Room Tip: Panera bread up the street, a great stop.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank xigiff
Brownsville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very clean and very spacious. We had a non-smoking, double queen-sized room. It had a comfortable area where to work at the end of the day, enough plugs everywhere. Bathroom was clean and looked nice. The price was great at under $90 - we have paid twice as much and gotten similar value in other places in Houston, so that this room was only that much was a big surprise. They seem to have a small staff at the front, but they were friendly and helpful. We liked it and will definitely use again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMHamptonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I agree that we offer many amenities at a great value. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Midland, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff was helpful and friendly, even though they lost my boss' credit card authorization form. Lucky for me, I had brought the original with me. The gentleman at the front desk that I dealt with was very apologetic for the mistake even though it wasn't his fault. The breakfast was your standard issue Hampton Inn Breakfast and usual pretty good. The wifi was incredibly slow. I ended up just using my iPhone as a hotspot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to post a review. I would like to apologize for the slow internet; that can be frustrating when you are trying to accomplish a task. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our facilities, as we take pride in the cleanliness of property. We truly appreciate your business, and hope to see you again!
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I travel a lot and try choosing Hampton as much as possible for my stays. In general, there are no disappointments. However, I will not be coming back to this Hampton.

Pros:
1). Location is great with a lot of restaurants and shopping
2). Breakfast is better than in other hotels I stayed
3). Stuff was all right

Cons:
1). In my room the bed was not comfortable, the bathroom was not clean (dirty towels and garbage can full of junk), and the water and sewer pipes were working really loudly (feels like a jet is taking off).
2). In addition, the construction was going on and I do not remember the site is warning about that.
3). As a result, no good night sleep for my business meeting.next day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank World2Traveller
Sam267267, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance and housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
McAllen, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

When I first checked-in the lady at front desk was very rude and unwilling to help out when inquiring about a special rate that I had been promised. Her answer was basically "NO" and "Nothing that I can do". I had to involve management the following morning and only then the problem was resolved in matter of minutes. I think it's unfortunate especially since this is a very nice hotel. I been a Marriott and Hilton customer for years. This is my first experience at the Hampton. I do have to say the location is walking distance from restaurants such as Jack in the Box and wonderful deli called Anton's. Clean rooms and linens. Internet connection is rather slow. Much slower than DSL.

Room Tip: Try Anton's Deli across the street. I highly recommend it. Also use your 4G hot spot if you have...
1 Thank James D
Sam267267, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hi James,
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.