Hampton Inn Houston - Near The Galleria
$127
$239
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$99
$219
$209
$85
$184
$169
$169
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgated parkinggreat hotelcomplimentary breakfastthe loopeasy accessconvenient locationbusiness tripthe breakfast areaclean roomsfitness roomwould stay here againfront desk staffexcellent stayhotel stafffitness centerinnsoak
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The Galleria section of Houston is a busy hub of corporate and high-end retail activity, and many of the local hotel options can be pretty pricey. This property is located just outside the Galleria district, which is reflected in the more reasonable rates. It’s still a very convenient location; it was less than a 15 minute drive from the hotel to my company’s Galleria office. It’s not in the best neighborhood I’ve ever seen, but it’s not all that bad, either. They do offer gated parking for guests for that extra piece of mind.

Check-in and check-out were efficient and cordial. The complimentary breakfast area was well-maintained and featured a different hot egg and meat item each day. My room was certainly large enough, the plumbing, air conditioning and appliances were all in good working order, and the bed was very comfortable. The only downside was that my room’s entry door was not flush to the door frame, so I could hear whatever was going on in the corridor quite clearly. The hotel was undergoing renovations during my latest stay, so perhaps that will be corrected in the future.

One nice touch (especially in hot, humid Houston) is that they offer ice water in the lobby throughout the day. In the afternoon they put out fresh-baked cookies.

This is the second time I’ve stayed at this property, and both times I found it very suitable for my needs (and my company’s budget).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BruinDan
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one-night the first Sunday, December 2011.

Expected the hotel to be tricky to find but we knew exactly what to do from reading reviews. We were in town for a football game. The drive was about 25 minutes in the rain and football traffic. Did not get to see much of the area but understand that there are restaurants and stores nearby. We did not venture about due to the miserable weather.

We parked in the open lot in front of the hotel which was free. It was a very cold Sunday night and the hotel was quite cool as well. Desk clerk was indifferent. Seemed as though he did not want to be there.

The rooms were clean and as expected for a Hampton Inn. We ate breakfast at the hotel. Again, typical fare for a Hampton Inn. The breakfast area was very clean.

The drive from the hotel to Hobby was about 30 minutes during Monday rush hour traffic.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sk84fungirl
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel is located right by the galleria mall in Houston surrounded by lots of nice restaurants. I picked this location because of the central location of houston, right in the middle of loop 610. The hotel is undergoing some renovation, but it didn't bother me much as most of the noise was during the day and not the evening. The tiled flooring on the first floor is going to look great when they are finished. I got in from a early flight, and the lady at the desk was able to check me in right away which I greatly appreciate. This is why I continue to stay at Hilton hotels, because I am never disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sundown721
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Normally when I have stayed at this hotel I would give it a perfect ratting. However this hotel has made some changes that are not exactly good for them and might have lost me as a repeat visitor. The staff there is wonderful specially the front desk girl named Wendy, they go above for each guest. The rooms are wonderful and very clean and are a perfect stay for anyone visiting Houston on business or pleasure. The hotel would offer free parking and that is no longer the case, the hotel had an open bar and that is also no longer the case. I loved the happy hour they would have as it was a great way to network with other people also there on business. The hotel's decision to end this was bad as now it just makes it like any other hotel in the area. Do not expect to get sleep here as the doors are paper thin and you can hear a lot of noise in the hallway.

Room Tip: As for a top floor room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank franciscomorales
Reviewed January 21, 2012

The hotel is currently experiencing some construction. Very basic amenities, nice breakfast offering.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business