“New Management”

Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Cypress Station
Ranked #207 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Management has changed within the last year.As well as the great frontdesk staff they used to have.Now the frontdesk agents arent eager to help guests.No signs of hamptonality at all.Just like the other review stated the General Manager Brian Ferrall is intrested in keeping a full hotel rather than loyal guests.A huge difference in management.Never had A problem or incident when the previous General Manager was there even if I did I know she would have handled it in a professional and timely manner

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank therealpooh1

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The staff at this hotel was very rude. I called to the front desk and simply asked did they have plastic forks. The lady didn't even respond at first and so I stated an eating utensil. She rudely stated she knows what a fork is and that they didn't have any and as I was trying to explain to her I didn't mean that in a bad way she rudely cut me off and stated, "Like I said I know what a fork is and we don't have any. " I did tell her she was very rude. I asked for her name and she proudly stated, "Gina, the manager". I then approached her the next morning and I told her she didn't have to act like that she was very rude. She never apologized only stated it was a miss communication and laughing at the same time. I ask to speak to her supervisor and after talking to him I see why the Gina act the way she did. Her supervisor name was Brian. I told him I would like to speak with him we were right by his office he blocked his door so that I couldn't enter and I had to speak with him outside in the hall where other guest could hear and the rude staff member, Gina. I told him what happen and I felt he was just as rude because all he kept sarcastically asking me was do I still need a fork a day later. I'm thinking to myself is he crazy and the whole while his rude manager Gina is at the desk laughing to let me know she's getting away with being rude. I would not recommend this hotel to anyway and the price is not worth it even without the rude management. And if I had all day to type there's more reasons I would not recommend this hotel. Not surprisingly many other rude occurences.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Thaketcha H
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very busy hotel, so extremely rare to get upgraded. Still a comfortable and cost effective stay. Also close to work which is a bonus. I am not a breakfast person besides coffee, but their spread is varied and well stocked
Staff is friendly
Access to and from the freeway is easy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I travel for my job and frequently stay in Hampton Inns. Staff and management here is very nice and friendly, Maid service does a great job and breakfast is typical Hampton Inn food, very decent. But I need faster internet and you will not get it here. If you want to watch streaming video on your computer, forget it. This place is nice but faster internet is a must for me. That reason alone will keep me from giving this hotel 5 stars. Other than that it's a nice place to stay. If you don't care about the internet, stay here. If you need fast internet, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this Hampton Inn , I would not stay any place else, the staff are always happy to help you in anyway they can, love seeing a smiling face anytime night are day, rooms are always clean and comfortable .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Staying here for a week while working with a machine installation and have no complaints except that their internet is extremely slow. I am from europe so internet in the evening is quite important to read the news and so on but it disconnects and when I tested the speed with my phone I got a reading of 0,5 Mbit/s which is too slow today.
I have not really needed any help from the staff but they have tried to help with some things. Breakfast is ok for USA I think, I have stayed at a couple of other places with similar breakfast, but not even close to european buffet style breakfast.
My room has been very clean every day so with a faster internet it would have been a rating of 4 and with european style breakfast I would give it a 5. I don't have any idea of pricing since it's paid for by another company and I don't need to think about that.
They also have a couple of grills outside so if you feel for bbq it's easily fixed.

If you don't need internet and don't mind this kind of breakfast then it is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Great hotel with great hospitality ....I had my clinical board exam and found this hotel the best place to stay in...very quite and clean ....Many resturants surroud the hotel....If i visit Houston again ,I will stay in it without hesitation.Best for money value ...everything are nearby shopping,dinning,etc.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor.