“My stay in the Houston area”

Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Cypress Station
Ranked #198 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this Hampton Inn , I would not stay any place else, the staff are always happy to help you in anyway they can, love seeing a smiling face anytime night are day, rooms are always clean and comfortable .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Staying here for a week while working with a machine installation and have no complaints except that their internet is extremely slow. I am from europe so internet in the evening is quite important to read the news and so on but it disconnects and when I tested the speed with my phone I got a reading of 0,5 Mbit/s which is too slow today.
I have not really needed any help from the staff but they have tried to help with some things. Breakfast is ok for USA I think, I have stayed at a couple of other places with similar breakfast, but not even close to european buffet style breakfast.
My room has been very clean every day so with a faster internet it would have been a rating of 4 and with european style breakfast I would give it a 5. I don't have any idea of pricing since it's paid for by another company and I don't need to think about that.
They also have a couple of grills outside so if you feel for bbq it's easily fixed.

If you don't need internet and don't mind this kind of breakfast then it is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Great hotel with great hospitality ....I had my clinical board exam and found this hotel the best place to stay in...very quite and clean ....Many resturants surroud the hotel....If i visit Houston again ,I will stay in it without hesitation.Best for money value ...everything are nearby shopping,dinning,etc.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I really like this Hampton Inn. I just wish the neighbor hood was a little better. I must say I have stayed here four or five times with no issues. The nice things is there are four of five places to eat that are close by so you do not need to wounder that far. This last time I was there I saw a Papa's I will have to try it next time. This Hampton Inn is very well taken care of from your rooms to the lobby to the grounds. It is very clean! The location works great for me being right off the freeway.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank saaz801
Reviewed May 10, 2011

This hotel was extremely clean. It has been years since I have stayed at a Hampton Inn, but if all Hampton Inns could be as clean as this one, then I would consider choosing this hotel brand more. The front desk staff was nice and accommodating. Providing good customer service is so important to me.
The only cons about this hotel was the television channel selection and the hostess in the breakfast area. This hotel (like many others) clearly caters to male business travelers, so there are a lot of news channels and ESPNs. Guess what....there are women who travel on a consistent basis for work (like myself) and I DO NOT want to watch that! Why not add Bravo, HGTV, A&E, Style to the line up?
The hostess in the breakfast area was unfriendly and I did not appreciate it. The first morning of my stay she stared at me and did not say good morning, but greeted the next hotel guest that came in the breakfast area with a BIG good morning. The second morning of my stay she actually said good morning to me, but she left a bad taste in my mouth from the previous morning so I just stared at her and did not say anything. The last morning of my stay she was back to saying nothing at all. I'm not a morning person, so I really don't want to talk and be cheery either, but when there is a job to do that requires me to be engaging with customers...guess what...I'm going to do it. If she does not want to greet every guest, then she should not be in that position.
I do not want to let her bad/unprofessional behavior overshadow my stay at this hotel because it really is a nice hotel with a professional front desk staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Another visit to Houston to visit my son while he's attending UTI.....Hampton Inn, Cypress Station has become our home away from home. Once again Yolanda greeted me when I arrived and knew me by name, which is awesome! Check in was quick and efficient and it's great when staff remember you!

Our room was clean and comfortable. The beds were great! It's refreshing to not have to feel like you need to spray everything down with disinfectant. Our room was fresh and clean! The bathroom was spotless and the water pressure was great!

What a wonderful surprise to find Yolanda working the breakfast room this weekend....the food was fresh, hot and very good. Both mornings there was a nice selection of items including hot eggs and various other choices.....The breakfast area was spotless and inviting!

All in all another wonderful stay at a wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This was our 3rd stay at Hampton Inn-Cypress Station. We pulled in at 5 pm and found Yolanda at work. She had been so helpful and gracious the last two times we stayed and guess what? She remembered us, welcoming us back with gracious hospitality! Needless to say that made our long trip seem better already. Yolanda asked us what was bringing us into the hotel so often and we explained we were getting our son started at UTI, and guess what? She found us a UTI rate that saved us $10! What a wonderful surprise!

The room was spotless and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was incredibly clean and well stocked. Breakfast was hot and delicious and the attendant was welcoming!

All in all this hotel is great and as the title of this review says YOLANDA ROCKS!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Hilton Garden Inn Houston Cypress Station
Best Western Plus North Houston Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston NW - Hwy 290 Cypress
Hampton Inn & Suites North Houston Spring
0 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North
Hilton Americas - Houston

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Cypress Station? Share your experiences!