“Poor Location & Overpriced” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall

Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall
Ranked #110 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Vidor, United States
“Poor Location & Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff were extremely nice people. Just thought the location was way to hard to find for someone not from the area. The room was hot when I arrived inside and also small. The noise made either by the staff or other patrons at 2 am was loud..I thought a fight was going on. The rooms are over priced..I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for 45.00 a night and it was 10 times the place of the Hampton and much cheaper but had every thing I needed and wanted for my hotel stay..I stayed 10 days at the Holiday Inn Express..would have stayed at the Hampton if it was priced accordingly...I will be back in Houston on the 6/17/13 for 15 days..will need to find a place to stay.. Joe A Lea 1-409-659-7244

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

WillowBrookHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. I apologize that you had a negative experience at our hotel. I want to assure you that we understand the issues you expressed and will be taking steps to alleviate those problems and improve the hotel for our guests. We hope that you will keep the Hampton Inn Willowbrook in mind for your next stay in the area.

Sonya Dyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn and found it very enjoyable. The room was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable. The thing that stood out the most for me though was the service. After my first night, someone from the front desk called to ask me if everything was to my expectations and if I needed anything else. At the free breakfast each day, staff greeted you cheerfully and always asked if they could assist with anything. If you were in a hurry, you could grab one of several bag breakfasts sitting at the front desk. It contained a muffin, a piece of fruit and a drink and is very helpful for those with no time in the morning. The Hampton Inn had a reasonable rate but the service was that of a much more expensive hotel. I would highly recommend the hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CanadianTraveller088
Worcester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just returned from a 5 day stay here and I could not fault the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was perfectly acceptable considering the class of hotel. The staff were always very friendly, attentive and willing to help. I maintain a travel programme for my company and was pleased to see that the Hampton inn deserves it 'preferred vendor' status.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Houston, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been to many hampton in and I know they have better service than I received this time. Beyond the smell, everything was good as expected. Treated well by staff members. Simple breadfast in the morning, and enough parking spaces.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for the review of your guest suite. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.
Rockford, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hotel was clean and convenient for the business trip. I was on business and there were restaurants near by and shopping if I needed. the GPS had some trouble finding the location because it was behind a business but was able to locate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Debra F
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your feedback and kind words about our hotel. We value all of our guests feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel and the total guest experience. I apologize you had an issue locating the hotel, but happy you were able to find us. We hope you look to us again next time you find yourself in Willowbrook.

Sonya Dyer
West Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very comfortable and clean room, sheets smelled like fresh soap. Bathroom was equally clean. I would stay here again if in the area. Hotel is also within walking distance to restaurants and a mall. Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast bar was stocked and the server was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Carrie S
Severn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel has everything that I've come to expect from a Hampton, and the staff is courteous and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, and the amenities made it easy to check in at home and stay on top of my work. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business