All reviews medical center luby's cafeteria gated parking front desk nrg stadium medical facilities shuttle service room was clean great hotel free breakfast light rail stay there again fresh fruit easy access rodeo surgery proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2015

Everything worked well for me. Fast check in, good, clean room, quiet in the hallways --- no interrupted sleep. Good breakfast and really good coffee in the morning. It worked on every level for my business trip. I was rested and ready to do my job the next morning. Well done.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Kirk T
Tiffany B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Medical Ctr-Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2015

The coffee is always favored with our guests! It has a different taste than a lot of other coffees. So glad you enjoy it as well! Thank you for the nice words about the hotel. We will continue to strive for perfect customer service. We cannot wait to see you back here again!

Reviewed September 10, 2015

Comfortable beds, clean rooms, exceptional staff. And close to the Houston Medical Center. All of the this for an unbelievably fair price. If ever in the Houston area again me and my co workers will deffinitley be staying here again

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Denise, you are the best! Thanks so much for all the awesome words! I am glad you saw the value in the price paid to the service you received. We are excited for you and you colleagues to come back and visit us!

Reviewed September 1, 2015

This Hampton is a short distance from the huge Houston medical center. It is only about a block from a light rail station, so it is convenient for going downtown, to the museum district, or downtown when you don't want to fight traffic and parking.

The rooms and building seem fairly modern and well-maintained. The only complaint about the room was the odd closet. It is awkward for hanging things up, and you couldn't hang more than a small number of items. I'll post a picture. It could be a problem if on business travel.

Breakfast was quite good, though when they are busy, they can temporarily run out of the hot dishes, and there aren't always enough tables.

Overall, it's a modern Hampton, and it was about what I'd expect from this chain.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

I am very sorry to hear about your thoughts on our closets. After going up to a few of the rooms, I can see what you mean by it being kind of awkward and maybe not the best choice for maximizing the usage of it. This is something I will bring up when/if we discuss potential future renovations. I was also upset to hear about the breakfast food running low/out as this is not what I want to portray. I will be speaking with our staff about ways we can be more proactive, so as not to run out of food in the future. Thank you for the nice words about the location and the overall shape of the hotel. We look forward to your return back to us.

Reviewed August 29, 2015

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center for the second time while keeping appointments at MD Anderson. The hotel staff members were super. The front office staff members including the man who works the night shift, Candace, Abby and the shuttle driver Gerald did an excellent job. The transportation services provided by the hotel could not be any better. We plan to return to stay there for all future MD Anderson appointments. The management staff and housekeepers seemed to be especially interested in helping guests with any issues related to medical appointments. The breakfast is also very good. THANK YOU ALL

Room tip: The 5th floor was clean and quiet. Furniture was nice.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Charlestonvisitor454

This almost brought tears to my eyes as I read your review. Thank you from the bottom of all our hearts for the kind words. The number one reason I was really excited about managing this property was a chance to give back to the guest. For anyone that has stayed here, knows that almost all of our business stems from the medical center, and although the guests don't want to be there for obvious reasons, I want to be sure to deliver the best service to any and all who walk through our doors. Without the guests, we are nothing, so why not make sure to take a genuine care in our people? This is the reason I love this industry and this hotel so much. Thank you for helping reassure me. We look forward to your safe return back to us.

Reviewed August 29, 2015 via mobile

Stayed with family on visit to Houston museum district in 2008. Last few years have stayed several times with daughter at Rice University. Clean, good breakfasts, fenced-in parking, friendly staff. Have considered the cheaper alternatives and tried some, but keep returning here afterwards.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

We have so many visitors that start off with a one-time stay, and end up becoming long-term returning guests of ours. You are what helps this hotel stay up. In such a close proximity to Rice, I hope you also took advantage of the free shuttle over to your daughter, as well as making a half-day/day over at Rice Village which is also a truly enjoyable area. I am very happy that you see the value in the price paid, because many establishments do not care about that true aspect of customer care anymore, like I try to instill on our staff. Hopefully see you soon!