“Great Hotel close to the medical center”

Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park
Ranked #59 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We always try to stay here on our visits to MDAnderson and this trip everything worked out. Only 3 minute drive from the Clark building at MDA where we get care. Another benefit is that it's right next door to a Luby's cafeteria which has a good meal selection for a decent price. Hotel is also close to the major freeways (610, 59, and I-45)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Charles C,

We're thilled to see that we earned a 5 star rating and we THANK YOU for your loyalty and most definally are looking to be at your service on your next visit please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance during your next stay at mayra.rascon@hilton.com or at 713.797.0040

Mayra Rascon

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was a last minute trip for us. My husband had an appointment at MD Anderson. I called the hotel directly and made reservations over the phone. We were able to get a discount due to the medical nature of our visit.

Was told on the phone that we could get 2 double beds and a rollaway. Our daughter grown daughter was going to be traveling with us. As we are use to sleeping in a king size bed, we thought we could each have a bed and we would all sleep better. The guy on the phone said it was no problem with the rollaway and that there was not even an extra charge. At this point I am thinking "win-win". We can all sleep good and only have to get one room.

Arrived on a Sunday afternoon around 5. The young man who checked me in, was just kind of there going through the motions. Felt like he could care less if I was there or not. When I inquired about the rollaway, the drama started. Was told it was against fire code to put a rollaway in a double room. I am ok with that. But why was I told differently on the phone. Not once did this guy apologize for the error of his co-worker. He just acted like hey, it is no big deal. He then said he could give me a room that had a pull out. But it was going to be an extra $20 charge. At this point, we had been driving for 4 hours and I just wanted to get to a room and relax. So I said sure, upgrade my room with the pull out.

The room was nothing to get excited about it. It looked a little tired and worn. The real disappointment came when I daughter tried to lay down on the pull out. What a joke. She is not a tall girl about 5'6". She had to lay diagonally on this mattress (I use that term generously) so her feet would not hang off. Needless to say she did not have a very restful night.

Had planned on staying for 2 nights but instead checked out. When I went to check out the next morning, the staff really acted like I was a pain and was more interested in catching up with each other.

The price of this hotel for me was really not worth it. Our next trip to MD Anderson, we will find other lodging options. The cost could of been tolerable if the service had matched the price.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear jackkip,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that our customer service was not up to your standards.
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Feel free to contact me direct at 713.797.0040 or at mayra.rascon@hilton.com

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stay at this hotel everytime we go to Houston for treatment at M.D. Anderson. The rooms are sooo clean and the staff is the most helpful and friendly that I have ever experienced. From the manager to the shuttle driver, the staff have always known how to make our stay exceptional. I tried to stay at another hotel once and immediately regretted that decision. We will only stay here as long as they have a vacancy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Teresa p,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments they're all well appreciated and is always good to know that we provide you with an exceptional service and that our accommodations were clean and fresh. Must definably are looking forward to see you again, please feel free to contact me direct if I can be at your service at Mayra.Rascon@hilton.com or at 713.797.0040

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a great staff and hotel. I highly recommend this hotel. They have a great continental breakfast with eggs, sausage, fruit, juice, cereal, oatmeal waffle making machine .... Staff always smiling and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Terry A,

Thank you for your 5 star review I'm glad to know that our staff and amenities make extremely satisfy during your stay and that you will refer us to your friends. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be at your service.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is a nice hotel and convenient to Reliant Park. We stayed here during the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. The staff is very nice. The rooms are comfortable. We stayed in one of the rooms that had a little kitchenette. I have stayed here before and I don't remember the other room having one so I believe they have different types of rooms (depending on your needs). Parking is behind a secured fence which not only makes you feel a little safer, but assures that you can find a parking space.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kristy D,

Thank you for this great review we appreciate you taking the time of sharing your comments, we're happy to know that our friendly service and amenities work out perfect during your visit to the Houston Livestock Rodeo and we're definaly looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were down for follow up visits at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Hotel was very convenient and had a shuttle that could take us and pick us up from our appointments. The rooms were big and the bed was very comfortable - luxury linens - loved those! Breakfast buffet was excellent - lots of choices of hot and cold foods and some variety each day. They also have an afternoon "happy hour" with snacks...that was nice as well. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and the lobby and rooms were kept very clean. Only downside was the price was up the week we were there due to the Rodeo being in town. But all the other hotels had increased their rates as well. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This Hampton Inn is convenient to the Houston Medical Center. It's an older property but it's clean and well maintained. Excellent staff and management who care about the guest experience. Plenty of secure parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Raymond S,

Thank you for sharing your candid comments with the online community, we as you mentioned take pride of our property and do our best to keeping up the great service and amenities. We're looking forward to have you again on the near future, if you need any assistance please feel free to contact me at Mayra.rascon@hilton.com or at 713.797.0040 ext. 4908