“GREAT HOTEL....LITTLE PRICEY”

Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park
Ranked #58 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel while we were visiting M.D. Anderson. The room was very clean, the bed was probally one of the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever stayed in. The breakfast was excellent. Overall I was happy with our stay...I thought it was a little pricey with the hospital discount the room was $150.00 a night and by the time you add city, state and county taxes you end up paying $175.00 night. We stayed 6 nights was a little pricey for me but clean hotel, nice staff, free shuttle to hospital is great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tressa R
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Tressa,

Thank you for taking the time and review our hotel we are pleased to hear that we meet your expectations and needs, I will make sure to share your comments with the staff and the ownership group please feel free to contact me direct if I can help you with your next visit at 713.797.0040 ext 4908 or mayra.rascon@hilton.com

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I can't say enough of how friendly and courteous the staff are at this Hampton Inn. The hotel is clean, close to the Reliant Park area, price was reasonable. They really make you welcome and feel at home. One of the best values I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anthony F
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Anthony,

We are thrilled to hear that we meet all your needs and the you experience our hamptonality, I will be sharing your great comments with everyone here. Please feel free to contact me direct if you need assistance on the future at mayra.rascon@hilton.com or 713.797.0040 ext 4908

Reviewed August 8, 2013

After a horrible stay at Hampton Inn in Covington, LA, this property was a blessing. I called Hampton in Houston Reliant Park to find out if we could check in early, and they were very helpful. The exterior property is unassuming (in the city), but they offered gated parking. The room was exceptional (King Suite). BEST HAMPTON ROOM I HAVE STAYED IN ALL YEAR. The breakfast was great, ALSO THE BEST THAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN A HAMPTON ALL YEAR. I would absolutely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Brad H
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Brad H,

We are happy that you enjoy your recent stay with us and the our suite was great for your needs and the our breakfast gave you a good morning start, please let me know if I can be at your assistance on your next visit to Houston.

Again thank you for patronage!!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The rate was very good for the quality of room. It wasn't in the best part of town, but the location was very near Reliant Stadium, so it was convenient for us. The room had built in lighted makeup mirror and desk. The bed comforter was lumpy, but obviously because it was getting washed regularly which is o.k. with me. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear tripadvisor member,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we are pleased of being able to serve your needs near to Reliant Stadium and that you enjoy some of the room features, please feel free to contact me direct if I can be at your assistance on the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Houston. Rooms were clean, staff was great and free breakfast was hot and plentiful. Only complaint, we had a room by a HUGE street light and the black out shades did not go down far enough to block the light. If we had been there more than 1 night, I would have requested a different room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula S

Dear Paula,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel we certainly appreciate the great comments and also want to let you know that we already fix the issue with the block out drapes, please feel free to contact me direct if you need any assistance or need a future booking at 713-797-0040 ext. 4908

Reviewed August 6, 2013

First the positive - It's a great location near the hospital and Reliant Center. Kevon and Elton went out of their way. It was greatly appreciated.

I stayed there recently and there were numerous events going on near the hotel. That being said, the hotel was pack full of families the entire weekend. The hotel was not prepared and the breakfast area reflected it. The breakfast area was a mess and they ran out of food one morning. In some cases, I think the parents performed an awful job watching their kids which led to the problems in the breakfast area. The hotel made my bed but didn't bother to clean the room at all and it was kind of strange.

So you can say the hotel was not prepared to be busy and that was why the service really was below Hampton standards. Or you can say that's their job to be always prepared no matter how busy they are. It's a tough call

Would I stay here again? Maybe. The rate has to be right to bring me back.

I give it 2.5 stars

Room Tip: A room they don't forget to clean
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jooksing
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear jooksing,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Please accept our apologies for any miscommunication from our team members and for not meeting your needs this time, and we will use the opportunity to retrain our staff accordingly.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope you will consider us once again the next time your travels return you to the area! Please feel free to contact me direct if I can assist you at mayra.rascon@hilton.com or 713.797.0040 Ext. 4908

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have had the best experience since we have been here. Great location and accessible to everything. Ms. Bunnie in housekeeping is awesome, very prompt, always have a smile on her face, very friendly, and makes sure the staff does an excellent job. Front desk is awesome too, especially Kevon and Brandy. These two will stop what they are doing to assist you. Thank you everyone. You will have my repeat business.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor was nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank D B
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear DB,

Thank you for this awesome review and I will make sure to pass your comments to everyone specially Brandi and Kevon, and you are right they will go above and beyond to ensure a great service. We will be looking for you on the near future please feel free to contact me direct if I can be at any help, once gain thank you!!