Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park
Ranked #58 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 21, 2013

When we are in Houston TX for appointments as MD Anderson, we stay at the Hampton Inn on Old Spanish Trail. Staff is very professional and the rooms are very clean. Used the fitness center this trip. Small but well maintained . Breakfast are great with nice assortment. Will be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michael G, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Michael M,

Thank you for your 5 star rating on trip advisor we are very happy thet you enjoy your stay with us on your recent visit to Houston and we are looking forward to have you on your next visit . I will make sure to share your comments with all the staff here please if you need any assitance on your next booking feel free to contact me direct at mayra.rascon@hilton.com

Mayra Rascon

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and had a wonderful stay. The lemonade in the lobby is delicious. The room was comfortable and quiet. I liked having a sofa to sit upon, I hate having to sit on the bed. The internet was good. The staff was wonderful and pleasant. I ate at Luby's next door 2 nights in a row because it was so convenient. I didn't have the breakfast, so I can't say if it was good or not. I liked having access to fresh apples and oranges in the lobby.

Room Tip: I had an adjoining room, which I don't like, but I didn't have any issues with noise or kids...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Michael G, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear kkitt,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites-Reliant Park. Our team is amazing, I will be sure of share your review with everyone here and extend a special Thank You to Enedina & Araceli (our lemonade ladies) on your behalf. We look forward to seeing you upon your return to our great city please feel free to contact me direct if you need assistance with your future booking at mayra.rascon@hilton.com

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very nice , clean hotel, with free shuttle service to TMC and free breakfast.
Enjoyed our stay. Check in and out was very quick. There is a small area within lobby where one can find drinks , water, cookies and snacks. Plus point is the presence of a person touring in a small van all day and night for the security of parking lot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Michael G, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear KJ,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the tripadvisor community we certainly appreciate the five star rating. We are thrilled that we were able do deliver a great service and that our amenities meet your needs. Again, we are very happy that you enjoy your stay and look forward to your next visit to the Texas Medical Center and the opportunity to have you and your family as our guest again. Please feel free to contact me at mayra.rascon@hilton.com or at 713-797-0040 if we can assist with any travel arrangements.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

As this trip was for a serious operation we needed a quite room away from street noises for myself and my son to rest and I also needed transportation. The room was on the 4th floor which made it very quite and the shuttle service and the driver was a great help. The employee's at the front desk were always ready with a friendly greeting and a smile. They were very helpful when I discovered that I had left some very important medicine of mine at home. They gave me directions to a nearby pharmacy where I could get a refill.

Room Tip: I think the upper floors are usually the quietest.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Michael G, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Mary B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites-Reliant Park. Our team is amazing, I will be sure of share your review with everyone here on your behalf. We look forward to seeing you upon your return to our great city and we hope that your son recovery is going well, please let me know if is anything that we can do to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

To start off, the person who checked me in was very nice. However, I was clear that I wanted to be in a room that was as quiet as possible and was none too pleased to be put in a room right by the elevator AND the laundry room (#401). Hearing doors opening and closing and the ding of the elevator all day and night was not my idea of quiet. I could also hear some street noise. The room was very much in need of a deep clean. There were bright orange Cheeto crumbs all around the base of the bed and the room clearly had not been thoroughly vacuumed.The vanity in the bathroom was peeling and desperately needed to be replaced. Don't make the mistake of looking between sides of the air conditioning unit- absolutely disgusting. The real highlight of the stay was the large, sharp industrial metal staple that was on the carpet right in front of the TV. I'm not talking a little office staple, this was huge with jaggedy pointed edges that would have done some serious damage if I had stepped on it. I brought it down to the front desk and the person took the staple and said "oh sorry they must have missed it when they vacuumed." First off it was huge and I don't see how anyone could have missed it-- I sure didn't. And I'm starting to believe they probably just didn't actually vacuum at all. The comforter is supposedly washed each time (which would explain how ridiculously lumpy it is), but found hairs all over it (not mine). The pillow cases and sheets had stains (although I do believe they were clean, just needed to be thrown out). Pillows themselves have no protective case on them and also stained. No suitcase rack and really didn't like that I had to put my suitcase on the couch-- I can only imagine when the last time that thing was cleaned. Oh and the pool? Filled with bugs and debris, obviously cleaning is not their priority here. I can't believe I paid $172 with tax for this place. What a rip off. Never again.

Dear Sfamor,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor.com. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of our staff for the housekeeping & guest room location challenges you endured during your stay. It is unfortunate that you were not provided with a spotless guest room. We strive to accommodate our guests’ needs accurately and efficiently and we sincerely apologize for failing to deliver on this commitment to you. I apologize that this exception caused a disruption to your Hampton experience and that the encounters created a negative impression for you.

We gladly invite you to be our guest again if your travels bring you back to the Houston Medical Center area. If we can be of any assistance with your future travels, please feel free to contact me direct at mayra.rascon@hilton.com or at 713-797-0040. We look forward to the privilege of providing you with a renewed experience that meets if not exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations. We needed an extended stay in a specific location and the hotel met our needs plus with great service and at a great value. Without our even asking, they offered us a reduced rate given our situation and changed our dates a couple of times when requested. The free breakfast was plentiful, tasty and varied, with lots of both cold and hot options. The room was clean, comfortable, well equipped, and additional amenities were provided promptly upon request. The staff, at all levels, was consistently courteous and ready to help when needed. The location has advantageous access to Reliant Stadium, and the Medical Center, and also has complimentary shuttle service to sites in the area. There’s a Luby’s next door and a Subway within walking distance. Light rail public transit is also nearby. A few minor quibbles such as lukewarm water in the shower and a too-short shower curtain, but all in all, good service and good amenities with very good value, compared to other properties in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear UMSI Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a property review. We value all our guest reviews. We know your time is valuable that is one of the reasons of why we feel honored that we were chosen to have you staying with us on your recent visit to Houston.

We could not be more pleased that you enjoyed our staff and amenities. It is always nice to receive acknowledgement, and we will pass your comments on to staff, to boost morale, and show them progress is being made on our goal of providing the best service possible.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had an unexpected one-nights' stay at this property last night due to power outage at our apartment complex......

What a fabulous hotel -- from the minute we checked in (Brandi) to our check-out this morning (Sylvia). Front office staff was very upbeat and friendly, which is a huge Plus!!

They upgraded us to a suite, which was fabulous.....very quiet room, very comfortable bed with awesome pillows, great shower and lots of hot water, etc. There was even a full-size refrigerator and stove-top burners to use as well as a microwave.

Breakfast was delicious -- fresh bagels, eggs, cereal, bacon, yogurt, waffles, etc., etc.

Although I am glad that our power has come back on, I know that if it ever went out, we would definitely be returning to that property!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael G, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear gailhouston,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites-Reliant Park. Our team is amazing, I will be sure of share your review with everyone here and extend a special Thank You to Brandi & Sylvia on your behalf is always very rewarding when our employees get recogize by name for our guest. We look forward to seeing you upon your return to our great city.