Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park
Ranked #52 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Saudi Arabia
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Most helpful and friendly staff, especially Eileen at the front desk. Comfortable room and bed, I slept very well. Next room had noisy occupants, but this was only the last two nights so it was not as bad as it could have been. I stayed for 6 nights. I also enjoyed the pool.
Breakfast was great, I could have eaten loads! Luby's and Subway are within walking distance, and I had meals in both several times.
Hotel provides shuttle to Texas Medical Center- just ask the reception for timetable and then tell the driver where you need to go.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about the Hampton Inn & Suites Houston Medical Center-Reliant Park with the online community! We know many people read reviews and we appreciate the time you took to complete the survey. Eileen and the entire staff was so pleased to read your comments! We truly strive to make every guest part of our family. We really enjoyed having you with us and can't wait to see you again soon.

Michael R. Giangrosso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
houston
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was a last minute staycation!! and it was great, rooms were great, bed was comfortable, and the kid's enjoyed the pool and fitness room, the breakfast was good, and there was lemonade in the dining area complimentary of course, it was homemade, I would definitely stay here, when I need a break from home, without breaking the bank and leaving town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank preacherlady3
Michael G, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking time to complete a online comment. We are greatly appreciative about all the positive feedback about the hotel and we are very pleased you enjoyed your staycation. We hope you in the future you will come back and stay with us again.

At your service,

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two months while I was undergoing treatment for a brain tumor at MD Anderson Proton Therapy Center. Since the hotel is less than two blocks from the Proton Center I was able to walk to therapy everyday and leave the car for my wife to use. The entire staff, from the GM Michael to Doug at the front desk, were all consummate professionals. The hotel was clean, efficient and very enjoyable - with a pool and Luby's restaurant it was perfect home for our two month stay in Houston.

I am an avid Trip Advisor user and recommend this hotel to all of my colleagues.

1 Thank michaelmcmillan
Thank you for sharing your comments about the Hampton Inn & Suites Houston Medical Center-Reliant Park with the online community! We know many people read reviews and we appreciate the time you took to complete the survey. Our staff was so pleased to read your comments, Doug enthusiasm was great when he saw his name in the review! We truly strive to make every guest part of our family. We really enjoyed having you folks with us and can't wait to see you again soon. We know you have many hotels to choose from in Houston area, and we are thrilled that you'll be choosing us on your next visit. "At Hampton We Love Having You Here"

Michael R. Giangrosso
Prattville, Alabama
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I am a HHonors Diamond memeber and stay at Hilton propeties exlusively for business and pleasure. I am currently staying at this hotel, which in of itself is not bad. The bed was nice and the bathroom was clean (my biggest concerns); however, my check-in experience was unacceptable for any guest and espically for diamond level guest. The guy working the counter was not friendly, was not professional, did not offer a room upgrade as a diamond guest(which was fine, since the hotel looked full). He told me I would have drinks and snacks in my room, but they were not there. I called the front desk to ask and he simply just said I could come down and get it if I wanted drinks. This made me mad, as I had just gotton up to my room and had been working and travelling all day. It is hard to get to Diamond level status and I feel you should be made to feel like a special guest when staying, and that did not happen. If you are looking for a decent hotel in a more central location, not a bad choice, just do not expect quality customer serivce, because you will be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Mr. Freeman,

We are sorry we were not able to meet your expectations of service. This is not typical of our hotel or staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we all about to making sure that every guest is happy especially our most loyal guest. We will be better at informing our front desk staff of the perks reserved for our Diamond Hhonors Member. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Argyle, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel looks like it's been updated some. It was clean, but the comforter was so lumpy that it looked like someone was laying under it when I opened the door. I had 2 rooms & each room had 2 beds & all 4 beds were like this. There was a sticky note on the head boards that stated they washed the comforters, so this could be the problem. Which I rather have a clean lumpy comforter than the dirty one's. The only issue I had was in checking in. I had 2 rooms & we arrived about 45 minutes before 3 pm check in time. The lady at the the desk told me that one room was ready but the other one wasn't. I asked to see if it would be ready by 3 pm & she said she would "try" to have it ready & she talked with house keeping to try to have it ready. The room that wasn't ready was across the hall from the room that we did check into. For the 45 minutes I waited in the other room to check into the room across the hall, no one was cleaning it & house keeping never entered it during this time, then I get a call a little after 3 pm saying it was ready. I don't understand what was going with all this, b/c the room was obviously ready when we checked in & got my 1st room. The lady at the desk said that she talked to house keeping & they said it wasn't ready, so I'm not sure where the error came from. The hotel is basic, nothing special, but clean is a big plus to me. It was also quiet.

Room Tip: There is a Luby's next door & a Subway down the street. It's very close to the Reliant...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
I appreciate the feedback of your recent stay at our hotel. I’m very happy you had a clean and quiet stay. I'm sorry that there was a miscommunication between you and our hotel staff; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. I’ve also addressed your concerns about the lumpy comforter to housekeeping staff so they can resolve that issue for future guests. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

After a horrible stay at a San Antonio sea world Hampton, this was a diamond find. It was clean, modern, friendly staff, breakfast was filled and fresh. It was close to the Astro baseball park. Felt safe. Great pick.!

• Stayed July 2012
Michael G, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on your resent stay at the Hampton Inn Houston Medical Center. Although all Hamptons are required to meet certain standards, our staff takes it upon themselves to go above what is required to provide our guest with what we believe is one of the nicest locations within our family. From the time our guest arrive until they are on their way out after enjoying a hot breakfast, we strive to deliver the most comfortable accommodations in the area. If your travel plans bring you back to Houston please give us a call. Now you know where to find a clean place to call home, while away from home. We look forward to your next visit.

Beaumont, TX
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I just stayed here for the first time, and the hotel was wonderful. The room was clean, lobby was upscale and offered coffee and hot cocoa, the hotel has free parking (a definite plus in the Houston area), and the staff were friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple