“Would Recommend”

Hampton Inn Houston - I-10W, Energy Cor
Ranked #144 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This is a typical Hampton Inn property. Small but efficient rooms. Clean, friendly staff, and good location. Tons of options in the area for food, even a few within walking distance.

Not a drawback for me, but I know some travelers do not like rooms without closets. Instead the room has a piece of furniture to hang up clothes in. My room had a fridge and microwave, do not know if all rooms have this.

Overall great value, and would reecommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelingGirl927

Reviewed April 22, 2010

We stayed at this location to be close to a sporting event with a very early start.

The location was easily found by my GPS and the hotel in a commercial / residential area on I-10 but set back a bit, so does we did not experience freeway or other surrounding noise inside the hotel. There is plenty of parking near the hotel. Check in was quick and easy. There is a nicely decorated, moderate sized inviting lobby with a small front desk and nicely appointed common area. (Breakfast area) They have coffee and tea available 24 hours a day.

The hotel has a small guest laundry. (Coin operated) as well as a small gym with few pieces of cardio equipment, weight equipment, etc. There is outdoor pool and sunning area. They have a nice business center with two computers and a printer/scanner. The hotel has free internet access for guests and we found it to be speedy for hotel service.

The rooms are nicely decorated roomy, and appear to be recently remodeled. The beds are typical Hampton Cloud 9 (nice beds) but have old 27" CRT TV's, but plenty of channels. The climate control works well and you can leave the blower motor on for white noise while the climate control is still functioning. Bathrooms are well equipped with plenty of storage space but a tiny amount of counter space. Our room had a microwave and fridge. The room was quiet and had no noise from outdoors.

The area has many types of dining options nearby. (IHOP next door)

The breakfast area had plenty of seating in the morning and they were even accommodating enough to start breakfast at 5am due to the early sporting event starting nearby. Typical Hampton breakfast. The day we stayed it was omlettes, sausage, biscuits, pastries, cereal, juices, coffee, etc. They did not have the "on the run bags: with an apple, muffin, cereal bar, water, and mints as it was the weekend but they do have these available on weekdays. Checkout was easy.

We would absolutely recommend this location and would stay here again if we needed to stay in the area. The staff was always very friendly and always asked if we needed anything. Room rate was very reasonable given the area. Given the mixed review's I was unsure what to expect but was very happy with this location.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pcsanity
Reviewed March 5, 2010

No dresser drawer unit, garage sale quality chair (1), small bath room space and facilities. Soft bed. Courteous staff. Quiet. Clean. Overpriced. Select Drury instead/next time.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jayhawker64
Reviewed April 30, 2008

We were very happy with this property. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very helpful & and the price was very reasonable since it was a Friday night.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank LinlanLasVegas_NV
Reviewed October 22, 2007

When arriving at the hotel they ran my credit card and charged a higher rate then they quoted on the phone. After waiting for that correction I proceed to my room and the card key did not work. I had to go back down so they could key the card properly. When entering the room I turned on the TV but the remote batteries were not working. Then I used the bathroom and on the first flush the toliet was clogged. It is October and I noticed the clock was still an hour behind since the time had changed in April. So I called the front desk and asked for a wake up call which came 20 minutes late the next morning. However, the late wakeup call was not an issue since I did not sleep most of the night listening to the air conditioner make a horrible noise each time it came on. This was my first and my last stay in this hotel.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank notjoking
Reviewed March 30, 2007

I use travelocity to help choose places to stay, so when I read the reviews about this hotel I thought it was a safe bet for a good night's sleep.

Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way. Here are some reasons why sleep eluded me:

1. The AC was extremely noisy. This wouldn't normally be a problem, constant white noise helps me sleep. The issue is that the AC would cut on and off every 10 minutes or so. I don't know why it was cutting off in the first place, the room never got as cold as we set the thermostat to. It would come on with loud, clanging and rumbling noises and cut off with a similar noise. So, everytime it turned on and off I would wake up.

I finally had to turn it off and suffer in the muggy warmth of the room, a condition I do not sleep well in either.

2. The walls, ceilings, and floors do not block noise. I could here everything from a toilet flush to a cough. In the early morning hours I could have joined in any of serveral conversations I could hear going on. Don't get me wrong these people weren't being loud or carrying on, they were engaged in normal conversation, I shouldn't be able to hear normal conversation.

There were other major dissapointments too:

1. Water pressure in the shower was a joke. Not enough pressure to get conditioner out of hair.

2. Bathroom looked like those found in hospitals. The cabinet was horribly utilitarian - a pepto pink laminate covered block.

3. The sink had a slow drain.

4. Cheap toilet paper, rough sheets....Need I go on?

Ok, I will. The hotel's public areas (lobby etc) were not very clean. I don't know how clean the elevators are because we never had enough patience to wait for one to arrive. It is only a five story building but the elevators were always MIA.

With tax I paid $93.60 for this nights stay. For $10 or $15 more I could have stayed at a Hilton or Marriot. This facility is not worth more than about $50.00, if we wanted budget surroundings we could have stayed at a Super 8.

I do not reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank TexasPaula
Reviewed January 31, 2007

I stayed here on business. the rooms are roomy, beds clean and comfy, and staff friendly.
Bathroom needed updating; tiny sink with hardly any counter-space. The ceiling in the bathroom was spotty with lots of patches.
My biggest disappointment was the exercise equipment. I checked pics on the hampton website, and it looked OK, but ALL the equipment was broken, dirty, and unusable except for one treadmill.

Internet worked great.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank travmed