“Holiday Stay”

Hampton Inn Houston - I-10W, Energy Cor
Ranked #166 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn while visiting family for the holidays. The hotel was clean and inviting and staff friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning and the complimentary coffee available round the clock.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 8, 2013

overall good experience for a one night stay; would needed to have contacted maintenance if stay was longer, due to the fact that the toilet was backing up and running slow. The ability to have a smoking room is a real plus in this day and age when smokers are treated as second class citizens in almost all public area and businesses

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Lukewarm shower two days running in rooms 128 & 130 for my party of seven. Hotel staff told me it was a long running problem and that owners were aware of problem and had not fixed it. Hotel was otherwise nicely furnished, clean and had a very considerate staff. They did refund one night on both rooms and moved us after the second night to a room with water. Did overhear other folks at breakfast compaining about hot water on 1st floor.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DSMECH, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Houston - I-10W, Energy Cor, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our property as you hotel room accommodations. Also, I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay- thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are working closely with our maintenance department as well as different plumbing companies in the area to find a solution for the hot water situation. We deeply apologize for the misinformation given to you by our front desk staff. We will make sure they are properly informed and trained in order to deliver the customer service to our guests.

We appreciate your comments and suggestions, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

rooms are perfectly clean and nice
awesome breakfast (bacon, grits, eggs, wafles).
coffee and tea available in the lobby all day long.
the hotel is easily accessible from the highway and restaurants in the area are good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a comment on TripAdvisor - we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

we enjoyed our one night stay; the breakfast was so-so, but got a lot of choices. the hotel staff was very courteous, parking lot very secure. room was very clean and very comfortable. It was odd that the closet was at the opposite corner away from the bathroom. needed towel racks in the bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a comment on TripAdvisor, we appreciate your comments and suggestions. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I booked this Hampton anticipating a predictable level of comfort and whatnot. Making matters worse, I booked with short notice, and this area of Houston appears to fill up quickly, so this was among the only options (which now makes sense).

I have reasonable expectations at hotels. I expect them to be clean, I expect the stuff in the room to work, and I expect to get reasonable sleep. This Hampton struck out on all three. I checked in late, and was ready for bed by the time I got there. The front desk was quite efficient, and had my keys ready in minutes. When I checked in the room, it was a different story. The toilet was broken to the point where it barely flushed (but I fixed it myself, since I really didn't want to bother with a maintenance person at that point). The bedside plugs were all dead, and when I moved the night stand to see if they were unplugged, I found a bunch of dirty band-aids on the floor. The drawer pulls on two of the pieces of furniture were falling off and unsightly, and they had not reset the room clocks for daylight savings time (a minor thing, but it basically says "we don't care a lot to do the little things").

Walls and doors are wafer thin, and you WILL hear people walking/talking down the hall easily (and they likely hear you, too). This was a non-stop source of sleep disruption.

I was totally grossed out by the band-aids, but it wasn't the time of night to rebook or move to a new room. I stuck it out and simply will not go back.

Making matters worse, the breakfast in the morning was thin on options, and really lackluster.

I've stayed in Hamptons before, and knew what to expect, but this one is simply awful and not even close to par.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DragonChowhound

Thank you for reaching out to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we will be utilizing your comments as part of our ongoing service training with our staff. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing with our guestroom comfort and breakfast options. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and hope you will give us another chance to impress should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The rooms are newly remodeled and very clean, with ample clothing storage. They are of average size. The hotel is relatively quiet and close to the Memorial Park section of town.

The hot breakfast is pretty good. You can get yogurt and fresh fruit as well. The coffee is passable but not as strong as the real stuff offered in the NW American or Wyoming hotels. Perhaps strong coffee is a western U.S. kind of thing.

I do appreciate that there are coffee makers in the room though. Service is excellent. My only criticism is that the hot water in the lobby is laced with coffee. They should clean the canister.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, try to get a room on the top floor, facing the street. On the other side...