“Still convenient but sliding in quality”

Hampton Inn Houston - I-10W, Energy Cor
Ranked #160 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is convenient for us because we have business to visit in the area. Last time we were there in May we gave a high rating but sadly we could not do this on our recent visit in September. The room is smaller than other Hampton Inns visited in the last year and the furniture was in need of repair. But most of all there was no hot water!! This was despite several calls to the front desk they managed to restart the boiler for one of our three nights. The free breakfast was a plus but overall we will have to find another hotel to stay on future visits.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Nice hotel, pretty basic. Very good beds, breakfast ok, but air-condition in room, and ice machine in hall very noisy. At times used ear plugs. Internet was free and worked ok. I think elevator needed service, it was slow and squiqed away. Staff was pleasant and friendly. Paid about $220 per night, maybe a bit pricey for what you get

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had a recent relocation to the Houston area and this hotel was my back-up, based on location, when my primary hotel was booked. In a way, this is positive, since I found availability to be good, as well as pricing. Overall, the property is typical of what one expects at Hampton Inn. It is located next to I-10, so be prepared for that or just crank up the AC to drown the noise. The rooms I was assigned were nice, once I was upgraded, once I was not. Wifi was free and fast, and the breakfast area again was typical (maybe smallish). Location-wise, you have food options to walk to (ie. Carrabba's, IHOP) and many more within minutes - so that's a plus. But, again, typical of what you'd expect. Service was mainly good. I would assess not over the top or great, but no issues. Very friendly. If one were in the area, I'd recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had ants in our bathroom and the hotel staff did not have an exterminator come to our room while we were out, but they came after we returned. No offer of a free night and they were dragging their feet on changing our room. Not impressed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in this hotel because of its good location for our return drive home. It was very clean and quiet. The room was comfortable and the staff friendly. The breakfast buffet was well stocked. This hotel provided everything we needed for our one night stay and was exactly what we expected. It is a good solid hotel, very well run.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I generally stay at this location a few times/year. The property is in a great spot, near the freeway. Making it accessable to anywhere in Houston you would want to go. I seldom have any issues with the hotel, but if I do, they are good about trying to solve them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel is well located between most of attractions, beside most of oil & Gas companies, shopping malls such as memorial, katy mills and Galleria. Rooms are specious and include most of amenities such as fridge, micro wave, ironing facilities. Only lacks safe in the room, however it is very safe as I used to leave many valuable belongings with no problem. Breakfast is nice and area for dining is clean. Front desk are friendly. Also complementary high speed internet is available

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business