Baymont Inn & Suites Houston- Sam Houston Parkway
Ranked #166 of 510 Hotels in Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were looking for a hotel to stay at due to a missed flight and chose this one because it was close to the airport, had a shuttle, and a continental breakfast. It suited our purpose, but I must say they need to clean their carpets as well as their bathrooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMParkInn, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Houston- Sam Houston Parkway, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear JLMiller69,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments about your recent stay.

On behalf of our entire staff at The Baymont Inn & Suites North Houston we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the cleanliness issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Victor Morgenroth
vmorgenroth@parkinnhoustonnorth.com
Hotel: 281.931.0101
Fax: 281.931.4924

By Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We waited 45 minutes for a shuttle to get to the hotel. Finally took a cab. I tried numerouse times to find out what was going on and the front desk clerk was rude (3/30/2013 evening). No customer service skills. Thank goodness for Francine who calmed our nerves and took care of us. She made the horrible initial experience a little better. This review would have been POOR if not for her. Thanks Francine!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Earlier this week I spent a night at the Baymont Inn and Suites Houston. The inn is located nearby Houston airport and has an hourly shuttle beginning at 4am. There is a complimentary breakfast. There are lots of options in this area and I would recommend that Tripadvisors consider them before booking at the Baymont Inn and Suites for several reasons. First, the room in which I stayed was very disappointing. The closet was broken. The room was not clean. The pillows were terrible-I was genuinely surprised that the hotel was using them. Second, the shuttle service was extremely slow. I waited more than an hour at the airport for a shuttle that had room to transport passengers to the hotel. Third, the service at checkout and on the phone (when I asked for a shuttle to the hotel) was unpleasant. For these three reasons, I will not consider staying at a Baymont property in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMParkInn, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Houston- Sam Houston Parkway, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Ms. 849Susan-

Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments about your recent stay.

On behalf of our entire staff at The Baymont Inn & Suites North Houston we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the problems you encountered on your recent stay with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Victor Morgenroth
vmorgenroth@parkinnhoustonnorth.com
Hotel: 281.931.0101
Fax: 281.931.4924

By Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Blair, Nebraska
Reviewed March 24, 2013

On Wednesday 3/6/13 we were on a flight that was overbooked and were referred into this hotel by United. We had never stayed at a Baymont before and so were unsure what to expect. When we arrived at the hotel by shuttle, there were about 30 people waiting to check in as another flight had been cancelled. The girl at the desk ( I think her name was Sue) was awesome. I felt sorry for her, she said she was alone, she was trying to check in all these people, answer the phone, take reservations and answer questions. However, she was so sweet, calm and friendly. She was doing her best to accomadate everyone very efficently. She informed everyone (many hadn't eaten and it was getting late, that the hote restuarant would be closing soon and that if some wanted to go eat, she could check them in later (several took her up on that). I did have one concern however. Even though she said she was alone, there was a couple with a complaint and then she called a supervisor - where was that supervisor when it got busy and why did the desk person feel she could not call her for hep? My husband has a bad knee, unable to do stairs and there were no elevators. She was able to get us in a first floor room.
When we finally go to our room, it was VERY clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. We had gotten a package of toileteries from United, but since we had not expected to spend the night, there were a few things we needed, She arranged to have the shuttle take me to a nearby Walmart to get the things we needed. The shuttle driver was great and even waited for me.. The next morning we had a great breakfast at the resturant next door.. We are use to staying in 4-5 star hotels, but this was actually a very good experience and I was impressed at how nice everything and everyone was!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Park Inn by Radisson Houston North & Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Hyatt Regency North Houston
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH
Courtyard Houston North
Courtyard Houston North
#226 of 510 in Houston
Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Houston- Sam Houston Parkway? Share your experiences!