“Excellent deal for the price”

Baymont Inn & Suites Houston- Sam Houston Parkway
Ranked #166 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Took a risk with a 2 star hotel found via an online bidding site and it paid off. Very nice rooms, clean, great showers, comfortable beds (and I have back trouble) with clean, attractive linens, AC worked great, flat screen TV, friendly staff (provided extra towels with a smile). In short, excellent deal for the money spent. The view from our 2nd story balcony left much to be desired but forthe price, I don't mind looking out onto a parking lot. Cannot speak for the pool - did not swim. The free breakfast featured waffle maker though I didn't wake up in time (continental breakfast 6am-9am). There were a couple shady characters smoking on the outside balcony about 5 rooms down but they didn't pose a threat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Houston- Sam Houston Parkway

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Came to houston for 2 days. Had a good time staying here.

Nice pool. The breakfast was free but just adequate.

Had airport pickup. The driver was so helpful. I didnt have the charger for my phone. He drove me to a place where I could buy a new cheap charger.

It is near to the CS test site, so would definitely recommend for the test takers.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Nair_VJ
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is a viable lodging option located on North Sam Houston Parkway East, about 1.5 miles east of the I-45 junction, in the Greenspoint section (north side) of Houston, not far from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). To be frank, it is nothing special. Basically, it is a two-story, roadside, budget motel. I don’t really see anyone staying here for any purpose other than one of the following reasons: (1) overnight stop while on a long road-trip; (2) thrifty lodging option for people conducting business in the immediate area; or, (3) travelers needing a cheap room for the night prior to departing on an early morning flight or following arrival of an evening flight. Depending on traffic, the motel’s free shuttle bus needs about 15 minutes to make the one-way trip between the airport and motel property. However, be advised that there are many other hotels, motels and inns of divergent quality located closer to the airport and this motel would not have been my first choice if I had a say in the matter. To be candid, I did not choose this hotel. Instead, the airline that I was flying on arranged and paid for our stay following flight problems that required us to spend the night in Houston. Overall, the motel’s appearance, both in and out, is not much different from that of other hotels in the Baymont Inn & Suites chain as well as that of several of its competitors. The rooms are fairly large and sufficiently furnished in typical motel décor which is somewhat bland and unexciting. The bathrooms are not very big but decent. One concern that I have with their combination bathtub/shower is the slipperiness of the enamel on the tub when wet because the tub floor lacks a non-skid surface and there was no non-skid mat to put on the tub floor. Another issue for some people may be the low-level, ambient hum extant in the room at times from the HVAC system within the room which could make sleeping troublesome for light sleepers or people travelling from other time zones. Road noise from the highway may also be an issue so I recommend asking for a room away from the street. But, of course, the latter two issues are not unique to the Baymont Inn & Suites and will apply to many other motels. The services proffered and rendered are typical for this type and level of motel. The positives are that the rooms are clean and the staff seems helpful. The breakfast fare (hot & cold items) is simple and edible but, it is not something to brag about. For dinner there is a decent restaurant in the Park Inn, which is located next door to the Baymont Inn & Suites. Otherwise, you will have to either drive a short distance, or walk for several minutes, to reach the nearest fast food outlet. The motel is located on a busy thoroughfare and there is nothing scenic about the area which is comprised of motels/hotels, fast food restaurants & other eateries, gas stations, business parks and light industrial facilities. This brings up my last observation - many rooms face the highway or surrounding parking lots and nearby buildings which means there are no “rooms with a view.” However, in conclusion I do recommend this Baymont Inn & Suites particularly if cost is a concern. I think it proffers better quality and facilities than some of the other hotels and motels in the area and it appears to be clean – the latter point being an important attribute relative to some of the other lodging chains in their peer group.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bjaune
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stay at the hotel to take the CS. The room was comfortable and clean. The hotel is minutes from the test site and although there is no sidewalk you can walk without problem. Not much to do around, ideal for study. This hotel is frequented by students who will be taking the exam so that you can find someone and practice to fine tune the last details of your clinical skills. :)

A little disappointed with the shuttle. They were supposed to picked me at the airport but they never arrived. After many excuses from the front-desk lady, finally I took a taxi. Average taxi fare $ 25

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Karina M A
Reviewed May 11, 2012

For the price I did not have a very high expectation for this hotel. When I arrived, I was told the King I reserved was not available. I had to take a double. Not a big deal, but I did ask the night staff if they could assist me with a ride 2.8 miles down the street. They said, no problem, the staff in the morning would assist me. The next morning I was told.. NO. We wont give you a ride. Somehow, I expected that.

The facility could use some attention to detail and a freshen up in the bathrooms and halls.

Below average hotel with poor customer service. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I can tell when a hotel has big plans and has made changes to improve the quality of the stay of their guests, but there is still room for improvement.

The Baymont Inn is VERY conveniently located close to the airport and to my clients, and with the travel package I had it was hard not to agree to stay here. My stay was not unpleasant, but walking down the corridors I could still .... feel/smell... that sense of an older hotel being renovated. I know the hotel is working within it's budget to look and feel contemporary and new, but still.... it's a hotel to stay in and keep your stuff, but not to lounge around in.

Room Tip: There are great online deals and packages that tie in to the Baymont, for you pennywise shoppers tra...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Stayed for one night while in Houston. Close to the highway. Enjoyed the breakfast, staff was friendly. Rooms spacious. Overall good value. Although I didn't get a chance to use the pool, they have a large atrium and indoor/outdoor pool which looked pretty neat.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Park Inn by Radisson Houston North & Conference Center
Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport
Hyatt Regency North Houston
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH
Courtyard Houston North
Courtyard Houston North
#235 of 517 in Houston
Baymont Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Houston- Sam Houston Parkway? Share your experiences!