“Home away from home.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor
Ranked #163 of 504 Hotels in Houston
“Home away from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was my very first time visiting Houston, Texas and my friend and I wanted to stay at a Hotel centrally located near the highway for easy travel. Although I arrived late at night due to traveling from Dallas, the front desk agent greeted me with a smile and burst of energy just as if I were a regular 3 pm check-in. The room was very neat and clean and we loved the size of the TV! The housekeepers were nice and accommodated us to our needs. This will definitely be our go-to hotel the next time we visit Houston!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bend, Or
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hospitality without affectation is rare these days, especially when staff are constantly hounded to get better survey results by their evil corporate overlords. Despite this, the front desk employees at this Fairfield were genuinely sincere and went far beyond the help I needed.

Matt Campbell and Van greeted me with a smile when I arrived. In fact, Matt interrupted a call to attend to me right away.,,and I wasn't even an overnight guest. See, I was staying at the "full service" Marriott down the street, but they lack a washer and dryer. On my way to Poland for business, I wanted to clean my gym clothes without spending a king's ransom on dry cleaning. In my mind it was going to be a tedious last task before heading to the airport, but with an offer of refreshment, free WiFi and a comfortable place to noodle on my computer, it was almost enjoyable to do laundry.

Matt and Van quickly set me up, provided the laundry facility for free, which was wholly unnecessary but impressive. It made my day. Congenial by nature, Van and Matt gave me an access card, asked me about my stay, thanked me for my loyalty and checked in on me.

If this is the sort of treatment that moochers like me receive, just imagine how it must be for guests?1 The space is clean, there are several free social events, including a "movie night" and the workout facility is in order.

The Energy Corridor can be a bleak place without a lot of surrounding places to hold your interest. The Fairfield is a bright spot. My guess is that so may patrons have no idea how lucky they are. "Pearls before swine!" as the saying goes.

So, do yourself a favor, stop shopping around and stay at this property.

Room Tip: Just ask Van or Matt, they won't hold back.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot and have to say hands down this is the friendliest place I have ever stayed!!! Super accommodating, very friendly, absolutely the best!!!
Rooms were clean and size was great!
I really can't say enough about this place!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Missouri Valley, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

me and my husband stayed here for a few days the staff was very friendly the rooms were very clean and the front desk clerkd were very accommodating. The only reason I am rating my overall stay a 3 is because I experienced something at that hotel that I have never experienced at any other hotel before. me and my husband thought that it was very unprofessional how they sent the front desk girl up that worked the evening shift to plunge our toilets. They obviously are short staffed and in that case we could understand, but considering that this is a marriot it is very distasteful. My husband did not want her to plunge the toilet, he wouldn't let me ever do such a thing she was very friendly and let us know that it was ok and not a problem at all, but he still wouldnt let her do it. The next morning i was very concerned and asked an employee if this hotel was understaffed and why a front desk clerk instead of maintenance was sent up to our rooms to complete such a task and I was told that that happens all the time? Very uncomfortable with that. Bad look for a marriot. This would be the only reason we would not come back.

• Stayed March 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Vanessa_826_love,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your toilet. Unfortunately, being a select service hotel, we are unable to have a maintenance person on staff at all times. But, I am glad that my front desk agent was friendly and tried to assist you. I am saddened that this incident would keep you from staying with us again. It is my hope that if you find yourself back in the area, you will allow us another opportunity to host you.

Matt C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Came into town Monday the 3rd of March and my company did not make the reservation like they said. The lady on the front desk(Van) was able to still me check in,and on my company card, so that I could make my early morning meeting. Van made sure I had a hot breakfast. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. I will stay again when I return to Houston.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Staff was great! Breakfast host was the friendliest ever! Nice food selection, receptionists were friendly and the cookies were yummy! Hot tub was a little cold but overall great stay!!! I'll definitely be returning this summer!

• Stayed February 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Upon checking in for a 2 nights stay (Fri-Sat) the front desk staff & manager were welcoming. I asked for a roller bed per their website but none were available BOTH nights. Next day, no maid services were provided. When inquired I was informed that no one showed up to work, that this hotel is known as a family hotel and its like this most weekends... Therefore, sheets were not changed, no clean towels, trash was full and toilet paper eventually ran out over night. After asking for towels, the manager came by our room after 10pm to deliver towels and take care of the trash. This caused late bathing as we had to get up early the next morning. As side from the negatives, breakfast was awesome!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Gwen F,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I would like to apologize for the negative experience you had while staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-10 West. We always want to provide a clean and comfortable stay for our guests, and I apologize that we came up short. I will be addressing your comments with my entire staff to make sure that a similar situation does not occur again. Please allow us an opportunity to make up for this on your next visit to the area.

Matt C.