“Best location in town”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Near the Galleria
Ranked #52 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Great place to stay, complementary breakfast, comfortable rooms, excellent location near Galleria Plaza and near excellent restaurants. But the best of all, very good service and great people. I will recommend not only for business but for leasure too.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed September 8, 2010

Overall, the stay at the hotel went well. The swans and the pool are great for the kids. The breakfast buffet was average and service to get an omelet was extremely slow. We timed it and it took the average person 25 minutes to place their order in line and receive their omelet. Also, it was extremely crowded and several times that I got up for food for my toddler I lost my table. It wasn't until Gwen assisted us that our meal went well. She was a huge help. The other big issue were the neighbors next to us on the 6th floor. They had little kids and were playing late into the night. They were so loud that they would wake up our two kids, even at 3am!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2010

After reading some of the Trip Advisor reviews, I was a little concerned that this would not be a good hotel for us. We were very pleasantly surprised--even before we got there. We were allowed an early check in, which was definitely a plus. When we got there, we were able to find a parking space near the front door, which was wonderful for us. The reception staff greeted us immediately as we walked through the front door, and were very helpful during our stay. The room was clean, spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. When we asked for foam pillows, the housekeeping staff was at our door within 10 minutes. The made-to-order omelettes and the french toast were wonderful, but the buffet included much more than that. My only con would be the delivery charge on room service--they charge you a tip, (and tax, of course), but also a delivery charge, so a $20 order cost $29.00. Instead, I would pick the food up myself from their restaurant.

I would definitely recommend this hotel--for its location, service, free parking, breakfast, and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I have been staying every year in this hotel since 2007 for business purpose. Also, I stayed in other two hotels in the area, but definetely I prefer this one.

What I love from this hotel is the quality and service of the employees, they are the best!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Embassy Suites should be the "Mac Daddy" of Hilton not the "Mac Donalds". Jumbonav Johnson is right, and hit all the high or I should say low lights of this hotel. Knowingly serving "bad" beer without offering an alternative--i.e. bottled beer is unacceptable. Serving goldfish crackers when you have a restaurant on-site--come on! And yes, my room was like staying in a tropical rainforest. And what's up with the HUGE bathroom door?! You couldn't move with it open in the bath room. The 20 watt lighting throughout the suite was maddening as well. There's a Homewood Suites right across the street--go there if you must stay in the area.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank schmengeswede
Reviewed June 8, 2010

The good: The room has huge LG TVs that are great if you want to sit an watch TV. The breakfast is pretty good. Personally made omlettes are good. Oatmeal was OK but served with no brown suger. Probably a weak complaint but even 2 star hotels have that with oatmeal. Pastries and fresh fruit were good.

The hotel does have a driver that takes to you area attractions. He was very nice and dropped us at a nearby restaurant.

The desk staff was nice and polite as was the breakfast staff.

The bad: My room feels "wet" like the air conditioning was cooling but not drying out the air. I swear the carpet and sheets were damp. Even with the thermostat set at 67 degrees, the room doesn't feel cold but it feels damp. Yuck. The evening drinks were not so good. The beer on tap was warm! The kept saying their machinery was broken but they kept serving the beer... Snacks were lame: Goldfish crackers and pretzels. One evening they had some cubes of cheese with crackers.

I would not choose to stay here again.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank jumbonav
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I am very disappointed in what I saw. I paid roughly $130 per night, maybe a little bit more. The room I was given; is dark and gloomy, it has a very distasteful smell that I cannot quite identify but, I am sure it has to do with the plumbing, the internet it not what I had expected, the bedroom portion is very cramped and I am a little scared to sleep in the sheets I feel itchy just looking at them, from what I see around in the area I am not sure I will eat their complementary breakfast tomorrow. I greatly regret booking with Embassy Suites, I later found that the Omni Hotel in the same area charges the same price and I now wish I had booked with them instead. The Omni Hotel is really worth your money try that or any other hotel than the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple