“Great time at Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Near the Galleria
Ranked #49 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Champaign, Illinois
“Great time at Embassy Suites”
Reviewed October 25, 2008

Stayed at Embassy Suites Houston Oct 4-Oct 10. Highly recommend this hotel due to the excellent staff, cleanilness and location. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. Only compliant were the matteresses need replaced as they were too soft and woren, but did not have problems sleeping. The room was cleaned promptly everyday and did not have a perfume smell which I appricate. Even used the guest laundry one day which was reasonably priced, fast and efficient. The managers reception and reception staff, was wonderful nightly with drinks and food bites. Used the van service one evening to take a party of 9 to a local resturant which was great. Liked the location next door to The Galleria and other shopping. Plenty of resturants and walking locations in the area. Had a wonderful time and when in Houston will stay there again.

• Liked — Staff, location, happy hour
  • Disliked — Mattresses
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Turkish first
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 27, 2008

We arrived in Texas on the first weekend in April for my sister's wedding. We always stay at Embassy Suites Hotels whenever possible, so we noticed that this one was in the area we needed to be in, and also a stone's throw away from the amazing Galleria Mall. I am very picky about my hotels, and I did not see the problems that we encountered as too much of a hassle. We were assigned a room on the top floor, where the Hilton HHonors members stay (it says it on the sign). Our room had a wonderful view! But, the beds were dreadful. There was four of us in the room, and one of us decided to sleep on the sleeper sofa to reduce the amount of cramped space in the beds (which were unusually small for Embassy Suites). Well, the next day when everyone woke up, we ALL had aching backs!! Then we had to stand for a long time at the Wedding Rehersal.....it wasn't pretty folks. We were miserable. So, when we got back to the hotel, we told the people at the front desk, who were wonderfully nice, and they immediately switched us to a new room. One other complaint about the old rrom was that someone had urinated in the sofabed and caused a rusty circle on the bottom of the mattress....Gross! Well, the new room was 2 floors down and had a stinge of Body Odor, but whatever. At this point we were too exhausted to do anything about it. We slept an adequate sleep and prepared ourselves for the delicious breakfast ahead of us. The Italian man who cooked our omelette's was very VERY nice! The swans added a nice touch to the hotel, and the children loved them.

All I would recommend to the hotel would be to GET ALL NEW BEDS AND MATTRESSES!!!!

• Liked — LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!
  • Disliked — The nasty old Beds and Matresses
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I stayed at this location on March 13-15, 2008. My experience is described below. I just received a response to my letter disputing my account (claiming, for example, that my room was in fact cleaned on March 14) and offering one free night at Hilton hotels.

March 20, 2008

Christopher Nassetta
President and Chief Executive Officer
Hilton Hotels Corporation
Hilton Hotels Corporate Headquarters
9336 Civic Center Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Dear Mr. Nassetta,

On Wednesday, March 12, 2008, my father passed away in Houston, Texas. Of all the hotels in Houston, I selected the Embassy Suites Hotel Galleria, 2911 Sage Road, to spend the days surrounding the funeral with my family. I checked in on Thursday, March 13, 2008. Upon check-in, there was no bellman to be found nor even a luggage cart, so my son and I carried our considerable and heavy luggage to our room (room 610) ourselves.

The next day, Friday, March 14, 2008, was the funeral. Our room was not cleaned that day even though we were out attending services and other matters all day and were out of the room. Imagine coming back to your hotel from the funeral of your own father to find a dirty room and no clean towels.

The next day, Saturday, March 15, 2008, we had a lunch for friends and family. I was away from the room all day. I came back to the hotel and again my room had not been cleaned. On both occasions, Friday and Saturday, I call the front desk and explained that my room had not been cleaned. On Saturday night, the front desk offered to send up clean towels which a security guard delivered late at night.

I needed to stay an extra day to take care of family matters so, on Saturday, March 15, I extended my stay from a departure date of Sunday, March 16 to Monday, March 17. This was accepted and confirmed by the front desk. However, my previous March 16 check out date must have triggered an automatic change in the locks. Thus, when I returned from breakfast on Sunday, March 16, I could not get into my room and had to go downstairs to the front desk to get new keys.

When I checked out on Monday, March 17, I explained all this in a polite manner to the Manager, Ms. Antonieta Andrade, who seemed most sympathetic, but offered no redress. I was billed the full rate for four nights at the rate of $149.00 per night plus taxes, for a total bill of $359.16 (including legitimate charges at the Palm Court Restaurant for $37.34 and $10.50). This amount was charged to my credit card which I had previously provided. I did not ask Ms. Andrade for any recompense believing she would have the good judgment to cover at least some portion on her own under the circumstances. She did not do so.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this situation. I look forward to hearing from you.

• Liked — Good location
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank stevefdc
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2008

Stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding in the area. The room was spacious and well furnished. The bed was very comfortable and we would have had a really good night's sleep if the walls hadn't been so thin and there weren't a group of loud-mouthed young women in the next room. When we banged on the wall at 1 in the morning they finally quieted down.

The hotel includes breakfast and a Manager's reception in the evening. The breakfast was good but not stellar. The Manager's reception was a nice perk as well. The hotel is located very close to the Galleria so if you like to go shopping it's a great location. We were busy with the wedding so we didn't spend lots of time to use the other facilities such as the pool but overall we had a decent stay.

• Liked — Large rooms, comfortable beds
  • Disliked — thin walls.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Galway
Reviewed January 29, 2008

On first impressions nice hotel, with a lovely lobby and the swans are cute. The front desk staff were uninterested and had'nt a clue about the area or if they did they did'nt say. Everything was a problem and the answer was usually a shrug of the shoulders and "not sure". If only they could have told us that a bus to downtown and an easy connection to another would have got us to NASA we could have saved around $130. I did ask and i was told "get a leaflet maybe in the business center".
The rooms are a little dated and the carpets badly stained and it was'nt cleaned too well each day.They are large and comfortable. Breakfast was nice and the dining staff were pleasant. I just wish the tip trays were'nt so in your face because often when you go for breakfast you intend going back to your room for your daywear and day bits. The location was great yes skip across the carpark and you were in the Galleria Shops, a really nice shopping area with a mix of different priced shops and some really nice restaurants. Perhaps a concierge desk may help.

• Liked — Location and Pa and Gram the fab swans
  • Disliked — Unhelpful front desk staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2007

This was the second time staying at this property. Friendly staff, great breakfast and manager's reception. The only place I'll stay when in Houston on business.

• Liked — Nice gym, great breakfast and manager's reception.
  • Disliked — A bit of a drive fromt the airport.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank BeachDLT-50
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We had a fantastic weekend at the Embassy Suites near the Galleria! Check-in was a breeze (even though we were early), and someone called from the front desk a few minutes later to make sure we had everything we needed in our room. The hotel is pleasant, well-maintained and quiet, just a short walk across a parking lot (as others have mentioned) from the Galleria. We loved the hot breakfast (especially the potatoes with Italian seasoning!), and our four-year-old fell in love with the swans in the lobby pool. On Sunday morning, a sweet clown delighted the children by making balloon animals for them. What a nice, thoughtful touch!

I have only one complaint: the pool is indoors and not heated. It was a disappointment for our little boy. The cold water didn't seem to bother him that much--but because he can't swim, Mommy needed to go in the pool with him... and Mommy doesn't like cold water.

Everything else was so pleasant, however, that I just can't lower the score for that. I highly recommend the Embassy Suites... especially if you're visiting the Galleria area with children.

• Liked — Everything... except the pool
  • Disliked — Cold indoor pool
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business