“Just didnt enjoy the stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Near the Galleria
Ranked #53 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Its a decent hotel. But a cut and paste and the crowd here was not a fun one. They were a trainee crowd from a oil drilling company, and were hooking up with each other and being obnoxious in public areas. A couple was cheating on their significant others in the room over and was quite disgusting.
So the crowd really spoilt my stay. Wont be coming back anytime soon. This crowd from the oil company are always here.

Room Tip: A quiet corner room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Donald H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay; we assure you that this is not typical and we will take action based on this review. We are glad that you enjoyed galleria and the area and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

location – quite good. Breakfast – quite good. Internet – quite good. Front desk staff? Terrible! They really do not know what they are doing and I’m glad that there is a new management taking over. I will give this hotel 4 stars because the manager actually decided to seek out a solution for my problems (I had an array of problems at the hotel that I don’t want to get into), but Hayden did a great job in solving most of them, but the rest of the team, really needs a makeover to improve! Will I be back? Definitely. Knowing that in the future, the staff should be properly trained and will be a much better set up!

Stayed: September 2013

I am sorry to hear about your displeasure with your recent stay at our hotel. There should have been more effort on our side to provide you with your request during your stay. I will look into why our staff did not follow up on their promise. This is not how we treat our guests and not the level of service we provide. I hope that you will come and give us another try to show you the true level of service we provide at our hotel.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My experience at this UNPROFESSIONAL hotel:

I received over 30 BED BUG bites on my neck, arms and shoulders. I notified the hotel in the morning that there might be bed bugs in my room, since I woke up covered in bites. This had never happened so I wasn't completely sure what it was.
When I left for work, all of my stuff was relocated to a new room by the cleaning staff without first being cleaned or contained. (I actually discussed typically procedure for when bed bugs are found with the GM at the Sheraton that we stayed at following this stay and was informed this is not the correct procedure.)
When I arrived at work later that morning, I found two bed bugs inside my laptop case which had been laying on the carpet beside my bed the night before. After a little Google research I confirmed they were in fact bed bugs.
When I returned to the hotel, I told by housekeeping that I could not enter my room. After a good ten minutes of arguing with her (because no one told me my things had been moved), she told me to go downstairs and talk to someone at the front desk. Maria (who was extremely nice) gave me a key to my new room where my stuff had been moved to. Once in my new room, I found an additional two bed bugs crawling on my luggage. I notified Maria of this, since they had been transferred from the previous room.
I asked for my clothes to be washed and my bag to be steam cleaned. My clothes were washed, although, they were still wet when they were returned and I have no idea if they were actually washed in hot water, which would kill the bed bugs.
I had to leave my luggage at the hotel for the weekend to be cleaned since the hotel had no steamer. (They did pay for a small bag for me to take my things home for the weekend in.)
Once I returned home, I had the fun task of re-washing all of my clothes, bagging items that could not be washed or heated for storage for 6 months, and putting all items that could be heated into the oven to ensure that I did not transfer the infestation to my home. When I returned to pick up my luggage the following week, it took over a ½ hour to find my bag – and again, no assurance it was actually cleaned.

AND THE ONLY REASON I WRITE THIS REVIEW: I thought everyone was so nice after the incident and I understand it's not their fault so I really wan't upset. I was offered a gift certificate for a free nights stay at a Hilton and a gift card to dinner; I thought that was fair. I was told those would be mailed. They weren't. It's been 2 months now and I haven't heard from the GM or Manager again. I've emailed them 3 three times with no response.

Room Tip: I stayed in 515 & 506
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AMarkim

I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues you reported earlier on today. I do hope that you accept my sincere apologies for this short coming.

We strive to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible during their travels. After receiving the below letter, we have taken the necessary steps to inform the appropriate departments of the problems raised. I have personally spoken with our associates and leadership team, to which I am assured that they have taken the necessary action within their departments to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again in the future.

Could we please email me your address and best contact number. I would like to get this done as soon as possible.

We deeply value your relationship of our guests and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

1) They lost my reservation 2) The bar had no red wine by the glass 3) I never got a complimentary water 4) My business associate and Diamond member changed his own hotel reservation so we could have a working breakfast with me and the hotel did not have a room for him 5) Breakfast area was dirty and they ran out of coffee

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am sorry to hear about your experience both prior to arrival and while you were here. While transitions can be tough, we take this type of feedback very seriously and want to make sure we earn your loyalty back. Fortunately, there were only a very small amount of issues concerning reservations and we've been able to work the kinks out for anyone coming in the future.
We apologize for the inconvenience and would love to speak with you further about your stay. If you are available to do so, please call or email us and we will make sure we contact you immediately.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I travel very little, but I enjoyed my stay in Houston. The hotel has two pet swans which I really enjoyed watching swim and honk. The decor was all swan-themed which was funny but nice. The staff were a little intense, but I think maybe it was a down-season for them.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so sorry that you had a little glitch but are glad we were able to take care of it and that you were so happy with the resolution. “Pa and Gran our Royal Swans”…and our staff look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is average at best. It is clean and well-stocked but I certainly expected nicer amenities and friendlier staff for the price. Especially considering this was a wedding block, with many international guests staying for over a week. Not a terrible choice, especially if staying near the galleria is important; but many nicer hotels for the money in the area. Check out Hotel GrandDuca instead.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We appreciate the feedback and the candor. We take these comments to heart and will make sure that action is taken based on them; we really hope that you will come back again so we can show you a much better experience. Sincerely,

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here for only 1 night.From Oct.15-16.Have to admit that this is one of the better hotels that i have stayed at.Location is great.With lots of shopping "Galleria" in the neightborhood.
And also many good places to eat and unvind in the evening.
Will say that the whole staff at Embassy Suites is very service minded with the guest in their mind all the time.Rooms are great.With all the ameneties that you need for a stay.
Breakfast is just great.And you can have your favorite pancakes or omelett in a few minuttes time.
Also a great bar with a very friendly bartender that really cares for his guest.
Only one thing to add.
Embassy Suites.What a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Wow, we really appreciate you sharing this, what can we say but come back often.
Your comments just made our staff .. Feel like they're on the right track " Total Guests Satisfaction is our Goal"
Sincerely