Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South
Ranked #341 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 24, 2007

Apr 21/07 Saturday night.
We spent one night here before our early flight next morning. They advertised in a booklet you see on stand all over town. It said $49.99 if you walked in and booked. We came a few days before, hoping to get the price, but didn't. We booked for $69.
We were at the Double Tree down the road earlier in the week (my husband had business there). It was $129/night, no breakfast. I felt we got great value here - continental breakfast, shuttle, internet access. We had a king sized bed, nice furniture. The iron was just fine to use. Small pool. It was partially covered by the roof. Seemed to be in the shade mostly when I looked at it, but that was late afternoon. Small exercise room, treadmill, eliptical, and stairstepper. Quality pieces though.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank Albertan88_

Reviewed May 16, 2006

I stayed at the Country Inn Intercontinental for two nights. The hotel is right near the flight path, but I didn't hear many jets during my stay. Unless you're a light sleeper, I wouldn't consider noise to be a problem at this hotel. I heard a lot more noise from the ice machine
outside my room! There's a pool and a small fitness area.

THE ROOM: The entire chain seems to be well-maintained, and this location was typically spotless. My king size bed was truly comfortable, and I slept restfully. Everything in the room was in working order. There weren't a lot of TV channels available. For example, you can't often watch the Astros at this Houston hotel (!) -- they don't offer the local channels that carry most games. But the hotel covers the basics of accomodation very well -- clean room, great bed, good shower!

BREAKFAST: I had breakfast both mornings, with two very different experiences. I ate about 9:30 one day, and it's was pretty much all carbohydrates -- bagels, waffles, danishes. The second morning was an early start, and they also had yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, and sausage. My impression: they start with a good selection but don't necessarily re-stock. Eat early!

IRONING BOARD: This was a nuisance! The iron was literally strapped to the board (I've never seen this!), and the holder for the iron was screwed into the top of the board. Thus, I couldn't use the wide end of the board. The hotel is so worried about securing its irons that they've completely inconvenienced the guests who need to use them.

STAFF: While I was out, a "Do Not Disturb" sign was placed on my door. The end result is that nobody cleaned the room that day. The maid's tip had not been touched. When I later discovered the problem, I called the front desk and received an indifferent response. Knowing that the parking lot was relatively empty compared to the previous night, I asked if I could move to a room that was already made up and was flatly refused. A couple of days later, after filling out an online survey, I was contacted by the manager with an apology. I feel a lot better, and this appears to have been the failing of one staff member -- not the policy of the hotel.

There are a lot of other nice places within a couple of blocks, depending on your budget, including a Sheraton and a Doubletree. This Country Inn is not bad for the price.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank GoingEverywhere
Reviewed December 5, 2005

Too bad they do not show you a picture (in the thumbnail pictures of the hotel) of the king suite room that I am in with this bad a-- spa in my room. And I do not mean a garden tub. I mean full deal baby. It has 8 jets and easily could fit two!Separate from the bathroom. It sits inside the room with beautiful mirrors around it, with a step up ledge. The room also has a mini kitchen with sink, microwave & fridge.I got this on priceline at a fabulous price.I must have received a free upgrade when I asked for a room with a king bed.NICE SURPRISE!The hotel is clean,nice indoor swiming pool & spa plus a small fitness room. Nice breakfest, this place has it all for the money. Have a honeymoon weekend with your partner and enjoy this room!

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2005

Chose this hotel because they have an airport shuttle, complimentary breakfast and good price. We had to overnight in Houston on our way to Costa Rica. Called for shuttle upon arrival at airport, was told it was on its way. Forty-five minutes later called again, was told it had been sent, would send another one. Waited fifteen minutes, took a cab. The problem was that they don't have their own shuttle, use another hotel's shuttle in the same neighborhood, but the two times I called the person I spoke to did not explain that to me. Would have been good to know! Smelled strongly of disinfectant and was very noisy. Breakfast buffet was nice. In addition to the regular continental items, they had a waffle maker and hard cooked eggs. I wrote a letter when I got home and the manager refunded me the $11 for the cab ride, so they responded to my problem. If I had to do it again, I would have chosen another hotel that cost a little more. It would have been worth the extra money.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank SueZeeQueSanDiego
Reviewed September 1, 2005

Stayed at the Country Inn and Suites on a business trip due to it's proximity to airport and price. It was adequate for a one night stay.

The pros - room was clean, proximity to airport, free shuttle to airport.

The cons - the "fitness center" had three pieces of equipment, two of which were broken; the business center is actually at the hotel next door and was non-functional during my stay - tech was not scheduled to arrive until the next day; no restaurant near hotel - walked to Hyatt; the service at the front desk upon arrival was less than stellar.

Should I require a stay near the airport in the future, I will probably shop around, but will not rule out staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank spazgirl
A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2005

We stayed at this hotel because of a previous review found on trip advisor. On our way to Cayman Brac, we booked the Country Inn online and found a terrific rate. The hotel was VERY clean, close to the airport, and an excellent value. Even the continental breakfast was a little better than most value Inns. Fresh waffles that you cook yourself. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I have another overnight layover in Houston.

Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 19, 2005

My husband and I have had nothing but pleasant experiences at this hotel chain and we stay in them whenever possible. This Country Inn & Suites is no exception! We stayed here three nights in February, 2004, while in Houston for a death in the family.

We booked with Hotwire and were not given the type room we had booked, but were given a king room that we were very pleased with! It was simply HUGE and the bathroom as well! Lots of floor space and there was even a little "nook" with two Queen Anne wingback chairs with a table and lamp between them! Also, a nice little counter area with microwave and dorm size refrigerator underneath!

Considering its close proximity to IAH and being right in one of the landing paths, we heard no airport noise and slept like lambs each of the 3 nights!

The breakfast area is very nice and spacious and was the usual fare: waffles, cereals, oatmeal, bagels, toast, coffee, juice, etc...

The front desk staff could have been a little more on the ball when we checked in late Friday night, but things worked out. We will definitely stay here when we return to Houston this summer!

• Stayed: February 2004
4  Thank luvsf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH
Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East
2 mi away
Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South

Address: 15555 B JFK Boulevard, Houston, TX 77032
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Ranked #341 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Price Range: $77 - $117 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South 3*
Located on JFK Boulevard at the entrance to George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), the Country Inn & Suites Houston South hotel offers guests a convenient location, exceptional amenities and friendly service. Enjoy free wireless Internet access, a complimentary daily hot breakfast and free airport shuttle to IAH. Our Houston airport hotel's services also include an outdoor pool, a Business Center and a fully renovated Fitness Center featuring a brand-new elliptical, treadmill and multi-station workout area. Visit the Country Inn & Suites and see what makes us one of the best Houston Airport hotels for both business and leisure travel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Carlson, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Intercontinental Airport