“comfy, clean, efficient shuttle - shame about the double glazing!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX
Ranked #353 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 23, 2013

transfer from IAH quick and efficient, front desk quick, helpful, friendly and knowledgable (about local bars and restaurants). room large and nicely furnished with efficient, quiet ac. comfy bed, great breakfast - shame about the double glazed window - i had read a review about the damaged double glazing with water and condensation in between the panes of glass but it was as bad as described when i opened the curtains.

Room Tip: find a room with clear windows!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a basic hotel close to the George Bush International airport. We stayed one night and it served our purpose. Other than being close to the airport it is not a great location.
Include breakfast was better than average for this class of hotle.

Room Tip: Good shuttle service to airport.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2013

For the last 8 years I have been using several different hotels in the Houston George Bush Intercontinental airport area. Ranging in price from inexpensive to expensive with varying opinions from I"d do it again to I'll never go back. As it always turns out I seem to gravitate to the Country Inn ans Suites because of the friendly polite and efficient service by the employees one in particular comes to mind Khadija who is always there to get the job done. The rooms are clean and the nice litte breakfast in the morning is a good touch. For all this the bang for the buck is great. I'll be back. Thanks

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mark g
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I from time to time have to spend the night in Houston on my way to places and this is the place I stay. It's close to the airport so no 30 minute van ride when all you want is to sleep. It also has free wifi, breakfast, and USA Today in the lobby. Rooms are clean, have flat screen TVs, and AC that works which is important in Houston. If you have a quick layover this is a good place to call.

1  Thank C M
Reviewed December 30, 2012

After a long day in a cramped car we arrived at the Houston airport Country Inn and Suites on JFK blvd. we booked two rooms (one with crib) at the hotel on Expedia and were quite happy with the rates (we had once previously stayed here and had no complaints). It was my fiancée, myself along with my brother, his wife and an adorable but cranky 11 month old. After we squeezed out of our rental car and loaded the cart with a heap of luggage and shopping bags the unfriendly, unhelpful attendant behind the check in desk let us know that the hotel only had one crib and "it must be with a guest" because it wasn't directly beside her. When we said we couldn't stay at the hotel without a crib for the baby, she unsympathetically let us know that that we could call Expedia and get a refund. No help, no concern, no care.
This attendant was so rude and so unhelpful that I now have a horrible taste in my mouth. Because of this, we will never stay at any of the Country Inn and Suites hotels again and I would suggest the same for you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Houston_TXManager, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Mrlayhe;

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and I can appreciate your frustration. However, we only have a limited amount of cribs on the property. These cribs are not guaranteed at the time of booking. Because of this it is on a first come first serve basis. We apologize if this was not properly stated on Expedia. We will also retrain the staff on how to handle this type of situation in the future.

Aaron P. General Manager

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked the hotel with my carlson card. First time staying in the area so it took me a while to get used to the surrounding ( seemed a quiet one and really close to the airport) and try to find my usual places. The hotel was very clean, nice toiletries (surprised about that!), rooms are very spacious, check- in was a matter of minutes despite the fact that the receptionist was talking over the phone when I arrived, the room was already assigned and it took no time to get the keys and go to the room, check -out was very efficient as well. As someone mentioned the refrigerator and the microwave are lying in the floor but that was not a problem for me. What really bothered me was the lack of safe boxes in the room and at the reception. That's Something that for me is a minus. Regarding food, the hotel is very well located next to other hotels and a block back from a small strip shopping center with 3 or 4 chain restaurants (fast food such a subway type) . Breakfast, well same type that you would expect from a 3* sccomodation i guess. I was surprised to see a pizza delivery service entering the hotel... first time ever! So it shouldn't be a problem not having a car (which usually could be a nightmare not to have one when visiting Houston!!). Would I go back? Certainly if I stay in the area.

3  Thank RoxLima
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had an overnight stopover by the airport on my way to Mexico. The hotel was fairly empty and guests were lodged far away from each other to minimize noise. That was a really nice thing to do. Everything about the room was fine: nice TV, clean bathroom, toiletries, hair dryer, comfortable bed. It was quiet. The only problem was I couldn't get the wi-fi to work on my iPhone so I had to use the computer downstairs in the lobby. BEST PART of the stay was the breakfast: fresh cooked oatmeal (not the instant stuff), hot tray with eggs, meat, potatoes; fruit, bagels, and all other typical continental breakfast items. Good coffee. I would recommend this hotel if you need to stay near the airport. Shuttle to and from airport runs every half hour.

1  Thank CatfriendDavis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport
0 mi away
Comfort Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E
Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX

Address: 15555 B JFK Boulevard, Houston, TX 77032
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Ranked #353 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Price Range: $86 - $113 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX 3*
Located on JFK Boulevard at the entrance to George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), the Country Inn & Suites Houston South hotel offers guests a convenient location, exceptional amenities and friendly service. Enjoy free wireless Internet access, a complimentary daily hot breakfast and free airport shuttle to IAH. Our Houston airport hotel's services also include an outdoor pool, a Business Center and a fully renovated Fitness Center featuring a brand-new elliptical, treadmill and multi-station workout area. Visit the Country Inn & Suites and see what makes us one of the best Houston Airport hotels for both business and leisure travel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Carlson, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Intercontinental Airport Hotel Houston