“Plain ol' Hotel with the World's Slowest Internet Connection” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South
Ranked #277 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Timbuktu, Mali
“Plain ol' Hotel with the World's Slowest Internet Connection”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

Nothing particularly notable about this hotel. The under-window air conditioners are a bit loud and the walls are thin but the price is good. The only real complaint I have is that the internet connection is abysmally slow. I travel a LOT (~100 nights a year) and I know what a decent hotel internet speed is like - this hotel does not have a decent internet connection speed.

Room Tip: Do NOT get room 102. It is right next to the front desk and was loud all night. The only time the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Houston_TXManager, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Horatio H,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback. We apologize for the experience you had at the hotel. We have upgraded the internet and all the old a/c's this month and you should be seeing a substantial improvement. Furthermore, if you ever have any problems at our hotel, please let the front desk know that you would like to contact me, Terry, on her cell phone. I will be happy to talk to you at anytime. Thank you for your review and if you are ever in Houston again, please consider us to be home away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
WINNIPEG
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Our family booked 2 rooms for 2 nights and it was great. The hotel is clean even though the decor is tired, the beds are comfy, the staff are very friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a short stay with family it's a great hotel, we would stay there again. The pool is small but we weren't there for that anyway. There is a great complimentary hot breakfast and within walking distance is Godfather's pizza, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell. Close to the airport and easy to get to considering the huge traffic freeway system in Houston.

Room Tip: We didn't really find a difference in floors but there are elevators.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BUSTERBROWN11
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

This cottage country atmosphere was truly remarkable! Great breakfast everyday, nice and friendly room attendents........ not to mention the Hotel management was excellent with assisting me with all my speacial request! I had no problem connecting to the internet like I do at most places, and the rooms were spacious and most comfortable. I even enjoyed there nicely remodeled fitness center! My stay was for a week..... but it was every bit of Home away from Home!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Madison, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have stayed at Country Inn & Suites for several years. It is my home away from home. I have nothing but good things to say about the courtesy of the staff and cleanness of the rooms. I can be pretty picky at times, but I must say there has not been anything dissatisfactory during my many stays that would warrant a complaint. Great job! Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Request a suite if traveling with family.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

I booked a pre-paid room for an overnight stay before a connecting flight. This hotel advertises complimentary transportation to and from the airport. However, they failed to mention that their shuttle stops at midnight so when I called for it at 11:50PM, it was not available. The additional $15 taxi fare eliminated any bargain this hotel might have been. Also, when I called, the desk clerk seemed unaware that this hotel is listed as "Country Inn Houston Airport South" so he treated me as if I had called the wrong hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

My family had the misfortune of staying at this Hotel January 2, 2012, prior to our cruise vacation. My vehicle was broken into sometime during the night and my stereo system ripped out and luggage was stolen. I parked right out the front door and was told there were security cameras of the lot. I will not stay there again!

Room Tip: Stay with your car, it's not safe.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Patty T
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel the night before Thanksgiving as we arrived late evening
The shuttle was quick & got us through the traffic jam at the airport to the hotel in no time
We did not have a car so getting food was not ideal
we walked up the street to Subway there was a pizza place there but no one was in there so not a good sign ..maybe the food was not good or maybe just a bad location
The room was fine, no problems
the breakfast was ok ..just your usually hotel breakfast fare

We got the shuttle back to the airport to pick up the rental car then off to our destination

It was fine for an overnight close to airport

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple