“1 star motel for a price of a 5 star hotel”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #229 of 506 Hotels in Houston
San Francisco, California
“1 star motel for a price of a 5 star hotel”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I stayed in the hotel for 6 nights. It was a business trip, so I did not really care much about hotel room, as long as it provides minimum necessities and close to the facility I was sent to work at for a week. There is nothing "suite" about this hotel, except they crammed a sofa and a coffee table into the room. Everything in the room is old, very old or in need of repair / replacement. Air conditioner has trash inside, very old and loud. Iron did not work properly, there was no shampoo left in the bathroom on the second day of my stay there. Overall, nothing was terribly wrong, but everything you'd expect from a 1 star motel, except for the price.

My company has some kind of discount agreement with that chain. So with that corporate discount, 3 weeks advance reservation I got a rate of $135 a night plus tax. I got into the hotel and there was a line of people at check in. For some reason computer was running very slow at the front desk, so it took 20 minutes for the clerk to check in every person in line. Person in front of me was an underage girl (she had to explain the clerk why she had an underage driver license) who did not have reservation or even credit card. To my surprise she got a rate of $99 a night. So $99 in cash is what you get charged for one night if you just show up. Guy with corporate discount and a 6-night stay gets charged $36 more... Hmmm... Well, maybe a guy with a corporate discount will go some place else next time.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank vgs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
South Carolina
Reviewed October 12, 2008

On a business trip after Hurricane Ike, hotel availability in Houston was scarce. The vendor got this hotel for us. It was OK, a place to sleep but nothing more. The room was dirty. The shower had left over soap and shampoo from the previous guest. The jacuzzi had hair in it -- I didn't even want to think about the bacteria in the pumps.

Breakfast was OK. Very poor selection of cereal -- hey, I'm not that picky. Ended up making waffles, but by day 3 of 5, the waffle maker was broken too.

If you really need a room, or get this cheap go for it, otherwise, you can do better.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ModerationForMe
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed August 19, 2005

I recently returned from this Comfort Suites. I got the jacuzzi suite and it was great. The room was bigger than I've seen in a while and everything was in order. The room and the bathroom were clean. I liked that although there was a jacuzzi in the room, there was also a shower and bathtub in the bathroom. The staff was helpful and the breakfast was good. The waffle maker definitely made me smile. The hotel is located directly off the Beltway 8 and close to malls and restaurants. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2005