“Fantastic, loved my stay!”

HYATT house Houston/Galleria
Ranked #35 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Fantastic, loved my stay!”
Reviewed December 8, 2010

On our drive up to Houston in September, we were booked at a different hotel and I was concerned because the reviews at the other place were so mixed and the closer we got, the more worried I became. Got on the web during the trip and came across a special rate for the Hyatt. After speaking to my husband about it, I cancelled the other reservation and booked the Hyatt.

I was coming to Houston for surgery and wanted a hotel that was clean, comfortable, and in a convenient location. We got all 3 at the Hyatt and then some! Our king studio offered a kitchenette, small living area, sleeping area, big walk-in closet and bathroom. Being that we were staying for a few days, the convenience of having a fridge, stove, microwave was a major plus. The staff was wonderful, we were extremely pleased with our room and were happy that we had decided to book here. My husband explained I was having surgery and we needed to be in a quiet area, and not only did he give us a great room in a quiet zone, but also convenient to the parking area. They offer a breakfast buffet daily, which was hot, had a good variety, and was tasty.

What we liked about the room, everything I mentioned above. What we did not like, because the bed/livingroom area is separated by a big wall unit, if someone is watching TV, then it's distracting to the person who is sleeping. If you are alone, who cares, but if you are traveling with someone else or kids, then keep this in mind. You can always book the1 bedroom :)

We were traveling back to Houston and I looked for the same rate we got the last time, but it was not available, and I had to book elsewhere. Would have stayed here again if I would have been able to secure a better rate. $153 is expensive when you are dealing with medical expenses as well.

Overall, great, great, hotel!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Vernon01, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, December 15, 2010
Thank you so much for your response, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, even though it was not under the best circumstances. We hope your surgery went well and that your recovery is short and complete.

You are right, the studio rooms are best for 1 person, however we have lots of one bedroom suites that are better suited for your situation and when kids are traveling with you. The rates are the same for a studio as they are for a one bedroom suite, in my experience, it has come down to personal preference and they're both lovely rooms.

I apologize that the rate was not within your budet, unfortunately rates fluctuate based on availability. Please know that we have special rates set up with the different hospitals in Houston, next time if you don't find a good rate, feel free to ask if we have a rate for the hospital you are attending or the medical rate, hopefully this will help.

We hope to see you again, and once again, thank you so much for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2010

my main turnoff was the parking situation, because free parking is available sometimes...which doesnt make sense. i arrived and was told that no more free parking was available, clerk was very rude about it. the rooms were okay they came with 2 tvs (one of which needs an upgrade) full kitchen, sofa bed, small bathroom ..pool small...hot hallways and long walks to the nearest elevator and parking garage. also a non smoking facility. hotel is kinda hidden because once you see it, you will have already passes it up

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Vernon01, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Thank you so much for your response and your feedback, we strive to achieve 100 percent satisfaction so I sincerely apologize for your less than perfect experience. Please allow me to address some of the issues you encountered.

I apologize for the confusion about the parking, parking as a rule is $10.00 per day, per car, however at times we have had promotions that included complimentary parking. My concern is that it is hotel policy to advise our guests of our parking fees whether complimentary or not when the reservations are made and/or when confirmations are sent out, I will double check that these policies are actually being met.

As far as the front desk presenting themselves in a rude manner, this is definitely not acceptable nor tolerated and there’s no reason why you should have felt this way. We pride ourselves in having a great staff and instill customer service excellence in all our hosts, we will definitely address this situation.

Our hotel was completely renovated 2 years ago and has brand new electronics in all the rooms, however we are aware that wear and tear is inevitable, we hope that you reported the problem with the television to the front desk so that maintenance could have had the opportunity to take care of the problem right away.

We are a nonsmoking hotel and again, your reservation/confirmation should have had communicated this information, we have electronic confirmations that are e-mailed with all our general information so I will defiantly have my Data Service Department make sure that all pertinent information is still on this. If your reservation was made via our 800 number and an e-mail was not requested, I apologize for the Reservationists oversight and will definitely let the Reservation Department aware that this was not communicated to you.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and sincerely apologize that your stay was not perfect, we were made aware of your situation for the first time through this review, it saddens us that we weren't given the opportunity to fix the problems while you were here. I would personally appreciate it if you would give us another opportunity, I would love to have you experience the Hyatt Summerfield Suites as it should be. If you are ever in Houston, please contact me directly to make your accommodations and ensure that you have a perfect stay. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon
League City, Texas
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I booked several hotel rooms for a Girls Night Away for me and my other mommy friends. We had a great experience getting the room booked and spoke several times with the front desk to make sure all things were in order. (They even called ME back to confirm all information the day before check-in.)

When we arrived, our rooms were not immediately available but they were quick to get us checked into rooms that were cleaned and ready. Because we were unable to have all the rooms together, they gave us complimentary parking for ALL of the vehicles (we had 6) and reduced the room rates on all the rooms as well. The rooms were a bit small considering all the amenities (kitchen with pots, pans, dinnerware, cooking utensils, and stove but no oven). The sitting area was a nice size with a couch that folded out into a sleeper, plenty of room for a group of women to sit and talk and have a glass of wine. Bed linens and pillows were clean and very soft/comfortable. We did request extra towels/pillows and those were brought to us quickly by housekeeping.

The hotel itself was quiet even though we were at the rear of the hall near the elevators. When you arrive, if you are driving too fast or blink, you will miss the entrance as it is hidden by the neighboring apartment complex. They do offer covered parking in a gated garage for added security. The area was nice and we were only a few minutes away from shopping at the Galleria and many restaurants. The hotel does offer a hot breakfast buffet of the basics (eggs, sausage, cereal, muffins, juice, milk, coffee, etc) but if you want something more Shipley's Donuts is only a few blocks away as are a few other restaurants. (I was not impressed by the buffet... and was disappointed that their soda machine was not turned on!)

Best part of our stay was that there was a full functional kitchen so that we could have snacks and beverages in the room at all hours.

Least favorite part of the stay was that the room size was smaller than I had expected.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on your experience at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites. We are very happy that yor had a good experience with booking our property and with our front desk.

We have a wonderful staff that is extremely committed to customer service, it is great that they were able to get you checked in right away and that you were compensated for your inconvenience.

Our breakfast is usually very well received, I apologize for it not being up to par during your stay, we always have an attendant and a Manager on duty every morning during breakfast, it is a shame that we it was not made known to you so that we could have accommodated your needs at that moment.

We value your comments, this is how we can always strive to reach our goal of 100 percent guest satisfaction. Please come by and see us again when you're in Houston, and if there is anything more you would like to share with me, please do not hesitate to call me. Thank you and hope to see you soon.
Houston, TX
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My husband and I checked in on Friday afternoon, August 6, 2010, for a 2-night stay. Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by the front desk staff and were impressed with their friendliness and professionalism. Our room on the 1st floor was beautifully furnished and it overlooked the pool area. It was spacious, clean, and very quiet for the duration of our stay. Housekeeping staff were attentive and thoroughly cleaned our room and left fresh towels each day. We also enjoyed a FREE full, hot breakfast each morning. There was a daily $10 charge for parking in the gated hotel garage, but with auto breakins being so common, we had no problem paying for parking there. The hotel is located on Sage Road in an area of luxury high-rise condominiums and there was almost no traffic on that end of the road. We liked the area because it felt more "residential" than "commercial." Yet, the Galleria, Loop 610, and the Southwest Freeway (Hwy. 59) are very close by. We did not use the exercise facility or the business center since we were gone most of the time, so we have no comments about those amenities. When we made our reservation, we inquired about bringing our pets. We were informed that pets ARE allowed on the property for a $200 non-refundable fee. We understood that to mean the hotel (in a very discreet manner) discourages pet parents to bring their fur babies, so we left ours at home with a trusted pet sitter. We should add that, while this is not a new property, it has been very well maintained and our experience staying there exceeded our expectations, especially since we paid a very reasonable rate of $74/night for a lovely 1-bedroom suite. We will definitely stay at this hotel again next time we travel to Houston.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aggierose
Vernon01, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, we are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us here at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites. Please come back and visit us soon!
texas
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Went on a 50th birthday trip with some friends and chose this hotel for several reasons, happy hour and their shuttle that will take you to local resturants. The problem was that we checked in on Labor Day and were told at check in that the shuttle didn't run on holidays. I mentioned the fact that I was disappointed as we were hoping to not have to worry about drinking and driving. We discussed it among ourselves and decided to call a taxi. As we were enjoying our glass of wine at happy hour, the hotel manager and several employees came in with a bottle of champagne, a card signed by each one of them, wished my friend happy birthday and said that they would be paying for our taxi! Wow! They won 6 loyal customers that day! As icing on the cake, the rooms were awesome, the food was great and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly from the maids to the front desk.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for letting us know that of your experience with us here. We love our guests and go out of our way to make sure their stay is as pleasant as possible. Please come back soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are studios, so there is a living room area with a large couch, tv, desk and adjoining kitchen. This is separated by french doors to the bedroom area. The kitchen and bathroom were both on the large size and looked to be recently updated.

The hotel goes above and beyond with touches like the complimentary evening reception (free wine & beer!) and complimentary breakfast in the morning (hot items like eggs & bacon!). There is free wireless internet. They also have a mini-store downstairs open 24 hours per day with other snack and beverage items. The cab from Hobby Airport took about 25 minutes and was $35. There was not much within walking distance so I would recommend renting a car. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your response, we are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon and please make sure to go to the front desk and inquire about our complimentary shuttle service within a 3 mile radius. Although we are nestled in a quiet area of the Galleria, we can provide transportation to shopping, restaurants, entertainment and "hot spots" in the Galleria. We hope to see you again.
Iowa, Louisiana
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I booked this hotel because I was looking for a deal in the galleria area! I booked this hotel for a rate of 99.00 with free parking,free wifi, free breakfast, and a bathtub as we are traveling with a 2 year old. This wasnt my first choice but all the other area hotels for that rate had showers! Impossible to bath a two year old in a shower. Anyway back to the hotel! It was wonderfully furnished and very clean! My grib comes at 2:30 in the morning when we were on the second floor and noticed the party at the pool was still on from 10:00 pm. So we tried to contact the front desk for an hour! No one answered. My husband finally went down to get an attendent to ask the LOUD-DRUNK swimmers to go to bed! He attendent promptly went to attempt to get the 5 persons out of the pool! From our second story window we saw that they were fully NAKED swimming in the pool for hours! Needless to say they did not go easily and we did not get to bed until 3:30 am. I am not mad that this incident happened! I am mad that this was our only problem with this hotel and I personally thought it was a big problem that we did not get any sleep! I reminded them upon check out of our problem and how upset I was and they did not offer any compensation! No discount off our night or anything! They then informed me that they did rectify the situation and closed the pool until it could be shocked!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Vernon01, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Dear guest, thank you for your feedback, and our apologies for what you experienced. We too were completely disturbed by these happenings and are still appaled. I know that our front desk agent was doing everything possible to stop what was happening which is the only reason that he was not available to answer your call. Please know that this was a very rare and embarassing incident, this is not the "normal" guests that we have staying with us, Hyatt Corporate Headquarter has been notified of these travelers and are taking measures to make sure this never happens again to us, nor any other Hyatt property.

I also apologize that the front desk did not do anything to compensate for your very uncomfortable stay, I think we were all still in shock the next morning. Please allow me to humbly ask that you give us another opportunity to come stay with us. We are a great property, with great customer service, we would really appreciate it if you would give us the opportunity to experience the true Hyatt Summerfield Suites, please contact me directly.

Please let me konw if you will give us the opportunity to make this up to you...we look forward to hearing from you.