On our drive up to Houston in September, we were booked at a different hotel and I was concerned because the reviews at the other place were so mixed and the closer we got, the more worried I became. Got on the web during the trip and came across a special rate for the Hyatt. After speaking to my husband about it, I cancelled the other reservation and booked the Hyatt.
I was coming to Houston for surgery and wanted a hotel that was clean, comfortable, and in a convenient location. We got all 3 at the Hyatt and then some! Our king studio offered a kitchenette, small living area, sleeping area, big walk-in closet and bathroom. Being that we were staying for a few days, the convenience of having a fridge, stove, microwave was a major plus. The staff was wonderful, we were extremely pleased with our room and were happy that we had decided to book here. My husband explained I was having surgery and we needed to be in a quiet area, and not only did he give us a great room in a quiet zone, but also convenient to the parking area. They offer a breakfast buffet daily, which was hot, had a good variety, and was tasty.
What we liked about the room, everything I mentioned above. What we did not like, because the bed/livingroom area is separated by a big wall unit, if someone is watching TV, then it's distracting to the person who is sleeping. If you are alone, who cares, but if you are traveling with someone else or kids, then keep this in mind. You can always book the1 bedroom :)
We were traveling back to Houston and I looked for the same rate we got the last time, but it was not available, and I had to book elsewhere. Would have stayed here again if I would have been able to secure a better rate. $153 is expensive when you are dealing with medical expenses as well.
Overall, great, great, hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt House Houston Galleria, located three blocks from the Galleria Mall features an onsite H-Bar, complimentary Morning Spread(R) breakfast and suites with full-equipped kitchens. Enjoy many free perks such as property-wide WiFi, 24/7 fitness center and grocery shopping service. Lounge at our outdoor pool and firepit or grab a drink from our H-Bar with sharable menu items and full bar service. Each of our stylish suites is pet-friendly and offer full kitchens with stainless steel appliances, flat-screen TVs and Hyatt Grand Beds(R). Start your day with our new Morning Spread(R) breakfast with a yummy omelet bar. Forget something? We have a 24/7 Guest Market with snacks and travel items or take advantage of our new Borrows(R) program and we'll lend you anything from flatirons, yoga kits, board games and even pool toys. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your HYATT house Houston/Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Houston / Galleria Hotel Houston
- Hyatt Houston Galleria
- Summerfield Suites Houston
- Houston Summerfield Suites
- Houston Hyatt