I stayed at this hotel last month for 3 nights and when I say the overall experience was awful, I truly mean it. For paying $100/night PLUS $12/night to park (which is absolutely ridiculous to have to pay that for parking), I expected MUCH better service. Where to begin...
Less than 5 hours after I checked in, I went out to my car because I had to pick up my boyfriend from a late flight into town (it was about 11:15 P.M.), only to find that my car window had been busted into. Why should this have happened when I'm paying $40 for parking during my stay in a "safe entry-key garage only?" Sure, you can only get into the garage with a room key - unless you walk in - but that is not enough. If you are going to make your guests pay that much for just parking, you should have a cop or employee routinely monitoring the small parking garage or at least have cameras. The hotel did not have any of these simple solutions. When I went inside to tell the front desk what had happened and see if they could at least have a maintenance employee come out and help me clean the glass so no other cars would drive over it, all I was handed was a plastic bag to put the glass in - REALLY? Great customer service.
The next day, in the small kitchenette, there were ants and a cockroach just hanging out; lovely.
The day after that, while blow drying my hair, the dryer blew out. No big deal, I know that happens all the time, but when I went downstairs to ask for a new one I came across another helpful employee. "Sure, I'll have someone bring one up in less than a minute." "If it's less than a minute, I can just wait, it's not a big deal." "No worries we will have someone send it right up." ...45 minutes later...I finally received the new blow dryer (and my hair was already funkily dry by then).
The pool wasn't working that weekend but I wasn't warned that upon check-in.
Oh, and they won't tell you this upon check-in either, but THEY CHARGE the card you put on file in case of incidentals, so be careful. I logged into my bank account while I was at the hotel just to see that they charged me $50 without telling me why. I walked down to the front desk to ask why, as we had not done any damage to the room, and they blew it off as if every other hotel does that (which they don't) and that I'll be refunded my $50 "within a week."
The only positive things I have to say about this hotel are the layout of the rooms and the location. Other than that, it was a horrible experience (mostly with customer service), and next time I stay at a hotel for that price, you can guarantee it'll be somewhere different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt House Houston Galleria, located three blocks from the Galleria Mall features an onsite H-Bar, complimentary Morning Spread(R) breakfast and suites with full-equipped kitchens. Enjoy many free perks such as property-wide WiFi, 24/7 fitness center and grocery shopping service. Lounge at our outdoor pool and firepit or grab a drink from our H-Bar with sharable menu items and full bar service. Each of our stylish suites is pet-friendly and offer full kitchens with stainless steel appliances, flat-screen TVs and Hyatt Grand Beds(R). Start your day with our new Morning Spread(R) breakfast with a yummy omelet bar. Forget something? We have a 24/7 Guest Market with snacks and travel items or take advantage of our new Borrows(R) program and we'll lend you anything from flatirons, yoga kits, board games and even pool toys. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your HYATT house Houston/Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Houston / Galleria Hotel Houston
- Hyatt Houston Galleria
- Summerfield Suites Houston
- Houston Summerfield Suites
- Houston Hyatt