HYATT house Houston/Galleria
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssecure parkingomelet barfull kitchenhouston galleriacovered parkingliving areaan extended staysmall kitchenhome away from homeper daycomplimentary breakfastpleasant staythe entire staffconvenient locationdefinitely stay here againbusiness tripdishwasher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel was not bad. The rooms were a little small for a suite.
You couldn't really open the door to the bedroom from the inside without some creative manuvering. The breakfast was pretty average for a hotel breakfast buffet.
The thing that was a little scary happened in the parking garage. We came back from dinner one night to find the entrance blocked by fire trucks, an ambulance, and several police cars.
They staff was very accomodating, they said just park along the side and they would keep an eye on the car (cars actually since there were several guests affected). I came down about an hour later to get something from the car and noticed the fire trucks and ambulance were gone so I decided to move the car into the garage. When I pulled in and made the corner, I found it was still blocked by police. As I was trying to manuver into a tiny space, they police decided to leave. I waited until they were gone so I could park on the fourth level (since our room was on that level). As I was passing the area where they were, I noticed a large amount of blood on the ground. I mean a LARGE amount of blood. I took a few pictures of it but I am not sure it is appropriate to post them here. After I told my wife and daughter, they were a little nervous. They wouldn't go anywhere in the hotel or garage alone and I am not sure I would have let them anyway.

When we left the next day, they had power washed the area. That seemed a little weird to me too... I would think that they would have had to clean it up in a "safer" manner.
Not a good experience, but not the hotels fault either. However, I still probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Kaitlyn E, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

During your stay we had a guest who injured himself in the hotel’s parking lot and 911 was called to make sure the injury was addressed. We truly apologize for the inconvenience of the emergency vehicle, but we needed to make sure the guest was safely taken care of. Please be assured we cleaned up the incident site as quickly as possible and following the required procedures. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously and apologize that your wife and daughter felt uncomfortable about the incident.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Houston for a wedding, and we chose the Hyatt house because of the location, the outdoor pool, and to have a kitchen in the hotel room. Several of the other guests were staying at other hotels, so we got a chance to see how this one stood up to others in the area. The rooms were really comfortable. I loved having a kitchen in the room even though we didn't get a chance to use it much. Having an outdoor pool was really convenient, and I used it quite a bit. I felt the hotel was well kept and clean. We had a lot of guest into the hotel room during our stay, so having a seperate living area from the bedroom was great for us. No complaints here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kaitlyn E, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We hope you had a good time while visiting Houston. Thank you for a great review. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I stay here often and I have been meaning to review it for a while. I am here today because we really had a great experience over the weekend (January 4-6, 2013) and it is time to honor them! The hotel, like any one of us or other hotel, was having some challenges over the weekend. They are renovating their breakfast area and we were not getting our usual breakfast, and they just switched to digital cable and the TV's were not all on board yet. Well, the manager went out of his way to help me feel as comfortable as possible through all of these challenges and we were very well treated. This hotel is our favorite place to stay because the rooms are very large and luxurious, and they have a lovely free breakfast that includes eggs and breakfast meats. Since I can't eat wheat, this is important to me as most breakfast foods are full of wheat. This is one of the wonderful things the manager did - he found me some boiled eggs for breakfast since the renovations prevented any of the hot food from being offered! Ok, back to the review. Another great feature of this hotel is that you park in a garage on the level where your room is. Now, sometimes your room may be far away from the garage, but still, you are on the level where your car is. You pay for parking, but you get free wi fi and free breakfast. You get a full kitchen including dishwasher, large fridge, cooktop, disposal, microwave and coffee maker. They provide cookware and dishes, too! They have dvd players and a new feature of the digital switch over is that they now have boxes to allow you connect your computer or a video game to their lovely LCD TV's. Oh, and you get a TV for your bed as well as the living room area. Some of the rooms have the TV swivel between the room areas. We have stayed here numerous times and we always ask for a King suite, Sometimes you get one where there is a separate room for the bed and sometimes it is an area separated by the shelves and TV. They are all good! In the living area there is giant sectional sofa that is super comfy, and a desk with a comfortable chair. We are there on the weekends, but we see that during the week they offer a happy hour mingle with food on weekdays. The staff is helpful and kind and we love this hotel for our trips to Houston!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaitlyn E, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for the kind review. We are glad that you had a great stay with us and we were able to accommodate your needs even though our breakfast was being repainted. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Really impressed with this place. Walking distance to the Peruvian Embassy where I needed to get a Visa. Big Rooms with full Kitchens, 42" flat screens, Comfortable living room separate from bedroom. Modern furnishings. Really helpful staff that will take you in their shuttle anywhere within a five mile radius. Went to get a haircut and the driver actually waited for me. Free hot breakfast in the morning which was delicious.

Room Tip: If you smoke you want to be next to the parking garage. That seems to be where they all went
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Kaitlyn E, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities. Just to make sure all information is correct our shuttle does only go with in a 3 mile radius.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed in the Hyatt House Galleria in November. It was clean, comfortable, and convenient. It is a good deal for business travelers who don't need expensive lodgings. The complimentary breakfast was superb, and the staff was friendly and professional. I can recommend the hotel enthusiastically.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for posting about your stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and friendly staff. We hope you will stay with us again!