“best hotel ever!”

Ranked #33 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“best hotel ever!”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This hotel had the basics, but not just that, had everything you would need. A free, and quite admirable complimentary breakfast, and i would reccomend this hotel to EVERYONE. EVERYONE, please come stay at the Hyatt House, as it was WONDERFUL.♥

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
austin_j_davis, General Manager at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of the Hyatt House Houston Galleria. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Amsterdam
Reviewed February 20, 2012

After staying at the Hyatt House for two months, we are clear: the service, the extras, the staff, the cleanliness is all Perfect. Best place to stay for a night, or a year!

Room Tip: all the suites are the same and they all work well.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of the Hyatt House Houston Galleria. It was our pleasure to serve you and your family while you were here and I will be sure to share your kind words with the team. We strive to make each stay an enjoyable and exceptional experience! IF your travel plans ever bring you back to the Houston Area we would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again!
Bastrop, Texas
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We had occasion to travel to Houston for Medical care. We selected Hyatt Summerfield Suites near the Galleria as I wanted to be close to shopping. They have a free shuttle that will drive you to a location at the Galleria. When I expressed fear at driving the freeways to and from the Medical Center, Ricky, one of the managers graciously gave me a map using surface roads. It was easier to use and quicker! They have an awesome staff who go the extra mile to assist you. My husband was in the hospital for 9 days, and I was able to feel at home here when I returned every night. Breakfast and a managers social are included. The rooms are complete with a kitchen and they will shop for you if you wish. We definitely will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciated having you and your family here with us during earlier this year. We do strive to truly make the Hyatt House everyone's home away from home. If you and your family ever have a need to travel back to the Houston area for any reason we would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again.
Woodbridge, NJ
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I have attempted to stay at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites twice now, and they have three strikes between those two visits such that I will not be using them again, and recommend that others avoid this hotel as well.

First stay, November 2011: Arrived after a full day of travel and site visits for work, only to find that they had lost my reservation. It took them over 45 minutes to straighten this out. The room was already booked and paid for in full. I had the paperwork to prove it. They seemed completely unable/unwilling to figure it out on their end. Finally my coworker intervened and told them to get me a room and deal with it on their own.

Second "stay", January 2012: Despite the past booking trouble, decided to try again, because the hotel itself was decent. Arrived - again after a full day of travel and site visits - and was told that due to flood damage sustained, they would be moving me (and coworkers) to a local area hotel. We were given letters for the other hotel stating that they would pay for the stay there and directions to the other hotel (side note: those directions got us lost).

The other "hotel" they sent us to? Hotel 31. Literally the worst hotel I have ever stayed at (you can check out my related review for that hotel). They should have been embarrassed to associate with them in any way. And no heads up from them either. Additionally, while they were pocketing the full amount that we paid for rooms at Hyatt - $179 per person per night - the charge at the Hotel 31 was only $133 per person per night. No mention of a refund or reimbursement from Hyatt. What a scam!

The last straw was that when I checked my personal credit card this morning, I found that Hotel 31 had charged me the full amount for my stay there. When I called Hotel 31, they told me that Hyatt had only authorized charges for one night, despite their assurances to us that they would pay for the entirety of our stay. The fact that Hyatt would (1) not have rooms for us and not attempt to contact us in advance to inform us of this; (2) send us to the local area dump hotel; and (3) not absolutely ensure that our stay there was completely taken care of and that we didn't have a single additional headache is completely unfathomable to me. I cannot think of a time that I have been more continually disappointed by customer service. I have now sunk hours of my personal time into dealing with this, and it is not yet resolved. I recommend that other travelers save themselves the stress and avoid this hotel altogether.

3 Thank Orangegl14
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry for the experience you had with this reservation. We were working hard to renovate many rooms here at the Hyatt for all of our guests unfortunately this renovation schedule did not get completed as scheduled. We were forced to relocate some guests prior to their arrival however, because you booked your rooms with Hotels.com, we were not able to contact you prior to your arrival. Please know we went out of our way to try and reach you thru Hotels.com. I truly appreciate this feedback and I can understand the frustration you felt. Next time your travel brings you to the Houston Galleria area please contact me personally so that I may arrange your rooms directly.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Located right in the heart of the Galleria area where you have an abundance of great restaraunts (if you want to head out) and shopping this comfortable Hotel is the place to stay.
Spacious and very clean,you can truly enjoy your visit whether you are on business or on vacation.If you have a family there is no need to head out to breakfast because the food is great here in the morning with a variety of choices that they offer. You also have a large pool,(very cleanly maintained) area that has grills in the back for those who have a taste for a Bar B- Q. Very impressed with the modern appliances in the Suite. From Stainless steel refrigerators to stainless steel toasters are appliances that you would have in your own home. All the comforts away from home are supplied in the kitchen. I was very impressed on how they maintain the fresh smell as you enter the room because I have entered other Hotel chains where the smell of prior occupants cooking was still in the room. It was if you were entering a newly renovated room.

Affordably Priced,Spacious, Clean and Most friendly,
This Hotel has no disappoint whatsoever.
You can't go wrong.

What makes this place so nice is the reflection of the friendliness from the front desk to the always smiling housekeepers. Parking at a small fee $10( costs a lot more at other hotels in this area) is most reasonable.

Room Tip: Get a room by the pool area,where the Bar-B - Q area is Short walk if you are into cooking outside...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your recent review and kind words. We do strive to make each and every guests stay an exceptional experience and I am pleased to hear that we are meeting those goals. If you are ever in the Houston Galleria again, we look forward to being your home away from home!
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip in December and was very pleased overall with the location and staff. The rooms are your typical Summerfield suites with individual heat/cooling that is nice as white noise!

The only downside was that the first room I had was on the fourth floor which had a tremendous odor permeating half the rooms. As the rooms have a kitchenette people are cooking and the hotel has (smartly) placed most long-term guests in that spot. If you don't like the smell of curry, spices and so on, ask to be moved (I did).

The staff handled it well (and quickly) and the rest of the stay was fine.

Room Tip: If you don't like the smell of curry, spices and so on, ask not to be placed on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank LimeyHoya
austin_j_davis, General Manager at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for your recent comments about the Hotel. I am happy to hear that we quickly accommodated your request to change floors as it is our goal to offer exceptional service to each and every guest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Houston area.
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We arrived very late Christmas night and the desk clerk was waiting for us. He was very polite, despite me thinking there was a mixup with our room (there wasn't). We were delighted to find a spacious suite plenty of room for our family of 5. It was perfectly clean and up to date. The kitchen was fully appointed and could be used to make a full meal. It's location is perfect for the galleria area. The breakfast was complete and plentiful. The only issue was that it was a little noisy; we could hear walking above us and noise from next door. As is with most hotels located in a city be prepared to pay for parking. Wifi is a little slow, so don't plan on doing any work, but it worked fine for our minimal use.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family