“If you are visiting Houston Galleria this is Definitely the Place to Stay”

HYATT house Houston/Galleria
Ranked #28 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Located right in the heart of the Galleria area where you have an abundance of great restaraunts (if you want to head out) and shopping this comfortable Hotel is the place to stay.
Spacious and very clean,you can truly enjoy your visit whether you are on business or on vacation.If you have a family there is no need to head out to breakfast because the food is great here in the morning with a variety of choices that they offer. You also have a large pool,(very cleanly maintained) area that has grills in the back for those who have a taste for a Bar B- Q. Very impressed with the modern appliances in the Suite. From Stainless steel refrigerators to stainless steel toasters are appliances that you would have in your own home. All the comforts away from home are supplied in the kitchen. I was very impressed on how they maintain the fresh smell as you enter the room because I have entered other Hotel chains where the smell of prior occupants cooking was still in the room. It was if you were entering a newly renovated room.

Affordably Priced,Spacious, Clean and Most friendly,
This Hotel has no disappoint whatsoever.
You can't go wrong.

What makes this place so nice is the reflection of the friendliness from the front desk to the always smiling housekeepers. Parking at a small fee $10( costs a lot more at other hotels in this area) is most reasonable.

Room Tip: Get a room by the pool area,where the Bar-B - Q area is Short walk if you are into cooking outside...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
austin_j_davis, General Manager at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent review and kind words. We do strive to make each and every guests stay an exceptional experience and I am pleased to hear that we are meeting those goals. If you are ever in the Houston Galleria again, we look forward to being your home away from home!

There are newer reviews for HYATT house Houston/Galleria

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip in December and was very pleased overall with the location and staff. The rooms are your typical Summerfield suites with individual heat/cooling that is nice as white noise!

The only downside was that the first room I had was on the fourth floor which had a tremendous odor permeating half the rooms. As the rooms have a kitchenette people are cooking and the hotel has (smartly) placed most long-term guests in that spot. If you don't like the smell of curry, spices and so on, ask to be moved (I did).

The staff handled it well (and quickly) and the rest of the stay was fine.

Room Tip: If you don't like the smell of curry, spices and so on, ask not to be placed on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank LimeyHoya
austin_j_davis, General Manager at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Thank you for your recent comments about the Hotel. I am happy to hear that we quickly accommodated your request to change floors as it is our goal to offer exceptional service to each and every guest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Houston area.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We arrived very late Christmas night and the desk clerk was waiting for us. He was very polite, despite me thinking there was a mixup with our room (there wasn't). We were delighted to find a spacious suite plenty of room for our family of 5. It was perfectly clean and up to date. The kitchen was fully appointed and could be used to make a full meal. It's location is perfect for the galleria area. The breakfast was complete and plentiful. The only issue was that it was a little noisy; we could hear walking above us and noise from next door. As is with most hotels located in a city be prepared to pay for parking. Wifi is a little slow, so don't plan on doing any work, but it worked fine for our minimal use.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Momto3inva
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I've stayed at Hyatt's world wide for 20+ years and they just know how to run a hotel. Staff are courteous and professional and clearly understand traveler's needs. Whether it's a high end resort property, business center property or their lower end property you can count on the superb staff, super comfortable clean, well-appointed rooms, and showers that are large with good water pressure. It a word they are refreshing. This property met these standards just like the Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong. You can't go wrong with Hyatt.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Had a HORRIBLE stay! Front desk two of the rudest, unhelpful people. I could not believe that thier phones and their talk about their weekend was more important then helping the guests at the front desk. My company was promised fresh coffe in the morning as we left before breakfast never happened,my room had a broken security latch that took a week to fix becuase the two nit wits at front desk couldn't even remeber to tell maintence and forgot which room I was in!
The only good thing that I can say about my stay was the front host Yana. She managed to check in six people,answer the phone and find time to ask if she coulkd help me. I was on my 4th trip to the front desk to ask why my garbage disposal was still broke after 3 days of requesting it be fixed,and she took care of it right on the spot. The maintenance man was there before I was!
I will never stay there again and my company moved hotels as well.
If all thier staff was as wonderful and competent as Yana maybe but not now.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Two weeks ago I reviewed this hotel, and gave it a very good rating. Then I got my credit-card statement in the mail. It had two charges from the hotel totaling more that $2,000 for days I did not stay or reserve. Even stranger, I only used my card to reserve the room, and we paid for the room using my wife's card because she was on business. Her credit-card bill had the correct charge. As a result of this huge billing error I deleted my review and I am now replacing it with this one.
I hope this was the work of a rogue employee, and that the hotel has corrected the problem. Still, no one wants a huge undeserved bill.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DrBob-cs
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The free WIFI is terribly slow and glitchy will not support Facetime. Upon check-in the clerk took 30 min to check in. Cell Phone don’t work have Verizon Data Card and AT&T iPhone nether work inside. Microwave was broken. Snotty attitude by front deck staff when they were advised of issue. Had to move rooms because of the excess noise above room. Hidden parking charge when you arrive. The free WIFI is terribly slow and glitchy will not support Facetime. They do not change the sheets, I turned down the bed and found used sheets. Snutty attitude by food staff in evening.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business