“Ugh!!!”

Ranked #34 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Wimberley, Texas
“Ugh!!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Had a HORRIBLE stay! Front desk two of the rudest, unhelpful people. I could not believe that thier phones and their talk about their weekend was more important then helping the guests at the front desk. My company was promised fresh coffe in the morning as we left before breakfast never happened,my room had a broken security latch that took a week to fix becuase the two nit wits at front desk couldn't even remeber to tell maintence and forgot which room I was in!
The only good thing that I can say about my stay was the front host Yana. She managed to check in six people,answer the phone and find time to ask if she coulkd help me. I was on my 4th trip to the front desk to ask why my garbage disposal was still broke after 3 days of requesting it be fixed,and she took care of it right on the spot. The maintenance man was there before I was!
I will never stay there again and my company moved hotels as well.
If all thier staff was as wonderful and competent as Yana maybe but not now.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
College Station, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Two weeks ago I reviewed this hotel, and gave it a very good rating. Then I got my credit-card statement in the mail. It had two charges from the hotel totaling more that $2,000 for days I did not stay or reserve. Even stranger, I only used my card to reserve the room, and we paid for the room using my wife's card because she was on business. Her credit-card bill had the correct charge. As a result of this huge billing error I deleted my review and I am now replacing it with this one.
I hope this was the work of a rogue employee, and that the hotel has corrected the problem. Still, no one wants a huge undeserved bill.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DrBob-cs
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The free WIFI is terribly slow and glitchy will not support Facetime. Upon check-in the clerk took 30 min to check in. Cell Phone don’t work have Verizon Data Card and AT&T iPhone nether work inside. Microwave was broken. Snotty attitude by front deck staff when they were advised of issue. Had to move rooms because of the excess noise above room. Hidden parking charge when you arrive. The free WIFI is terribly slow and glitchy will not support Facetime. They do not change the sheets, I turned down the bed and found used sheets. Snutty attitude by food staff in evening.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank c Z
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We brought a group of about 20 educators to visit some outstanding schools and stayed at this excellent hotel. Rooms were very pleasant, they had free internet access that worked well (my sense is that this something many Travel Advisor readers are interested in). There is a free "cocktail hour) late in the afternoon with beer, wine and munchies. Also a nice free breakfast. I stupidly forgot my toothbrush and they gave me one free.

This is not a super luxury hotel but it is very nice, with many amenities. It also is very reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The hotel was very nice. We had a double suite and the room was current, very clean, and very nice. The hot breakfast was good and the staff worked vigorously to make sure items were refilled. Management on staff greeted the guest as well as assisted the wait staff. I did not like the distance from the rooms we were in to the front desk, took about 3-4 minutes to walk to it. Configuration not the greatest, but other than that, the stay was great.

Room Tip: If you are driving a room close to the parking door is great, but going to the front desk makes it a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I've been traveling and coming to Houston for the last 13 years, I've stayed at the Marriotts, Hiltons, Holidays Inn and so on. I have even stayed at the Candlewood Suites which some could say isn't a good hotel but staying at the Hyatt Summerfield @ Sage Road wasn't a good experience for the $149/night rate. The rooms appears clean but they aren't.....you can see that they rarely vacuum and is dust everywhere even right after they make your room. It is a shame as the hotel could be nice and worth every penny.

• Stayed September 2011
austin_j_davis, Manager at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Thank you for your recent review of the Hyatt Summerfield Suites Hotel. We are pleased to announce that our renovations are now complete in the rooms which caused much of the dust during your stay. Our work with the Granite counter tops and installing new appliances was somewhat challenging but the results are fantastic and we look forward to sharing these new amenities with you on your next visit to Houston.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Overall, great location. I stayed for 22 days with my daughter while I had medical tests. We stay here for the Hyatt Gold Passport member points. Otherwise, there are a lot of other choices in the area that look newer.
The kitchen and room were fine. The TV worked fine. However, housekeeping was lax in vacuuming our room, remembering to leave us shampoo, conditioner and coffee. They don't offer lotion or bath gel anymore, as we never received any. Plus, our new towels had hair on them from other guests....The hallways were dirty, the carpets need to be replaced, as they are stained. People put their piles of dirty laundry and trash bags in the hallway by the doors. Not sure where that comes from, but management should be walking the halls to get that kind of behavior taken care of immediately.
Beware of the pool: too much chlorine dis-colored my daughter's swim suit and her skin and hair stunk of chlorine or chemicals even after she had a bath.
So, overall, we got a good rate, the location is good and we got our points. But, it's starting to look old and dirty.
The happy hour is always nice and well attended. That and the breakfast are good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor so you don't hear people walking around above you.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family