“Don't waste your money or time!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Northwest
Ranked #233 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel and am counting down the days until I leave! Unfortunately I've already paid and can't receive a refund or I would have been gone after the first night! Here is a list of some of the issues I've had:

-The ice machine has been broken for days with no improvement in sight!
-I've had to go to the front desk every day to receive a new card to get into my room because it was deactivated. I asked multiple times for a solution and got different responses. Come to find out, it was their fault the entire time!!
-When I got into the room, the bathroom was filthy. Both the toilet and the tub were gross. I had to request that they clean it the next day and was given an attitude about it.
-The fire alarm went off at 2am in my room. When I got to the desk, they knew nothing about it. The elevator was also broken at the time. When the employee went up to my room, he removed the battery and told me to go back to bed. I guess he thought it was appropriate for me to sleep in a room with no fire alarm. I had to tell him that I wasn't going to sleep in a room with no alarm in case a real fire occurred. Lucky me got to move rooms at 3am in the morning! By the way, the bathroom in the new room was dirty as well!
-The internet cuts off and is spotty. The employees don't know how to operate or fix the computer and printer in the lobby.
-If you are staying at the back of the hotel, be prepared to be woken up by the US Foods truck at 6am for their delivery!

I wish I was exaggerating all of this, but this has been my stay. And I still have 3 more days of this hell! I was supposed to stay here again in a week and thankfully I got to switch hotels! I will NEVER stay at this or any other La Quinta ever again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Allen A

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and well kept. Even though the neighborhood is run down, it didn't feel unsafe to walk to the Sonic or other restaurants around the hotel. Pool was super clean, but chairs were not very comfy or clean. The breakfast was eh, the first day, they had no fresh fruit and there was no one refilling stuff as it ran out. I've been spoiled by other La Quintas where they go above and beyond with a hot breakfast and tons more options. Desk staff was friendly, letting us check out late.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hotel is very accommodating. Staff is friendly and very able to help when the need arises. Rooms are exceptionally clean and beds are very comfortable. I like the fact that I do not have to wait till the actual Check-in Time. Some hotels will hold you to that even though the rooms are ready. Two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This like most La Quintas aren't going to be the flashiest, but they do get the job done, this one better than most. Room was clean, everything worked, no odors or stains, microwave and fridge in the room ( i never used them however). Check in was quick, just a signature on a form that confirms all of your information (rate, nights, rewards #, etc) and you are off. This was especially nice considering that it was midnight when i checked in and just wanted to go to sleep. Haven't tried the breakfast but the area looks quaint and pleasant. Wifi tho a little slow has worked for the need to check emails, which is all i really needed. Plenty of food options around, and there is a delivery service that will deliver food to your room as well. Just keep an eye out for all the interstate construction as it takes up a few entrances to the hotel.

Overall It was nice pleasant for what it was, a bed and a shower.

Room Tip: Don't Expect the 4 seasons and you will enjoy
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stay on the 1st floor if possible, not a room w/children above you. Rate for 2nd and 3rd night much higher than 1st night. I will say the beds are very comfortable and the our air conditioner was fabulous. Definitely no sweating.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

A majority of my two-day stay was decent and enjoyable. Due to the construction near the off-ramp, it was a little difficult to get to the hotel coming in from restaurant areas. Despite finding a cockroach near a wall lamp, the stay was good.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

smoking order. The coffee machine in the room is dirty and I dared not to drink it. WIFI doesn't work. really bad expereience. Do not stay here. Location is nice but everything else is not recommended.