“Below average”

SpringHill Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #181 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have not stayed here for a number of years. Their interior decorator had poor taste in colors and patterns. Got sick of colors during a 5 day stay. Breakfast was below average for a Springhill Suites. Nothing special about the front desk or maid service. Bedding package was ok, but hard beds.

Room Tip: Check out colors before you check in. Make sure it will not make you sick after a number of days.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mas4467
SpringHillSuitesHOU, Asst. General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are sorry to hear that the colors of our newly remodeled Hotel made you feel uneasy throughout your stay. We updated our full breakfast menu on July the 1st to add more variety for our guests to enjoy. We hope that you can stay with us again when you are in the area. Thank you again for your feedback. Sincerely, Eric Yanez.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Most of the facilities were well maintained and clean. Parking lot was rundown and in need of paint and maintenance . Breakfast was normal Springhill--good enough for our needs. The bed in our suite was a tempurpedic and hard as a rock. Rate was decent and the shuttle was on time but old and worn out. Area around hotel was not special and bordering on unsafe. Would probably not stay here again just because of the area--nothing to do or see in the area at all.

3  Thank Xskycop

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Our ultimate goal is to go above and beyond and we apologize for any invonceniences that you experienced throughout your stay. We are happy to say that we have been making a few changes in order to continue to delight our guests. One of those changes was getting a new shuttle which we just received yesterday. We also changed our full breakfast menu on July the 1st which includes a bigger variety and a healthier selection. We are ultimately working on repairing our full parking lot and we cannot wait for the outcome. We will continue to strive for excellence and we cannot wait until you visit our property again in the near future with all the exciting new changes. Thank you again for your feedback. Sincerely, Eric Yanez.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

As an active traveler, I don't think I have ever rated anyone below average, but i was livid after being dropped off by the hotel's shuttle. While the rooms were as expected, clean and quaint, the shuttle was a different story. On arrival after waiting for 15 minutes for the shuttle, I got a cab only to see the shuttle driver hanging out chatting with the desk on arrival. The next morning i saw the shuttle driver chatting with the front desk for 5 minutes after the time they were supposed to depart. When I asked the driver if he was the shuttle guy he said "yes" and walked away into the office. After another 5 minutes I asked the front desk if there was a problem, and they let me know that it was shift change and the other driver would be out shortly. Once the new driver showed up, I asked to confirm if Hobby was the airport for United and she replied "yes, no problem". I knew that United only flew out of one airport, but couldn't remember which one. I asked the driver again as she pulled into Hobby if this was indeed the correct airport as I did not see a sign with United on it. She again insisted that it was and dropped me off at a door with no name above and said that it was inside. After giving the driver a nice tip, I arrived inside and asking the info desk for United, I found out that United was not located at Hobby and that the driver had in fact dropped me at the wrong airport. After a $60 cab ride and barely making a flight, it hit me that a shuttle driver should have some basic understanding of which airlines are at their closest airports. I am a Marriott member, but will not stay at a Spring Hill Suites again. This is evidence of poor training or management in my mind and sadly gives the rest of the staff who is probably more client-centered a bad name. Sorry to report.

4  Thank windsorww
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I travel a lot (100+ nights a year) and it is rare that a front desk person will make my day by sheer friendliness. The gentleman at the front desk went out of his way to help. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelerfromArizona
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for a night on business. This is the closest I could get to central Houston with my price range. Being near Houston Hobby was convenient and easy access to I45. There are other hotels around the SpringHill Suites but the surroundings are not scenic. There is a sports bar establishment as you enter the hotel parking lot but again does not seem to be anything impressive. The hotel lobby was clean and the front desk person was friendly. The room was nice and clean and the A/C worked well. I found the bed to be comfortable. Not much of a view from my window but overall a nice stay.

2  Thank JA_TX_1
Reviewed April 27, 2013

• I stayed at the Springhill Suites located at 7922 Mosley Road, Houston, TX for two non-consecutive nights
• First upon arrival at Hobby airport, and then at the end of my trip the night before my flight
• Room and overall facilities are clean, modern, comfortable, and in good physical shape
• Front desk services were helpful and efficient
• Breakfast is typical for this class of hotel and was fine
• The surrounding area is typical of many airports – downscale and a little rough
• There are a number of restaurants & shopping in a much better area only a few miles away and the hotel shuttle will take there for dinner
• A short walk directly across the parking lot is a Mexican oriented sports bar good for beer and basic bar food (but with a Mexican food orientation)
• A good choice for access to Hobby airport

1  Thank bbmss
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stay at Marriots all over, however will Never stay at another again. We checked out around 9 am and by 10am I had noticed I had left my wedding ring on the counter in the room, We called Right away (on a shuttle & it couldn't be turned around) and of course nothing found. The front desk girl was Extremely rude and had no tact at all. We went further and talked to management and they were the exact same as the people at the hotel, very rude and unhelpful. I understand it was my mistake for leaving behind my precious wedding ring however why the did everyone I talked to have to be so unprofessional and rude.

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family