“Nice for business travel”

SpringHill Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #168 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Concord, North Carolina
“Nice for business travel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Not a bad hotel for business travelers. Very close to airport and not too far from a wide range of 'chain' restaurants. The beds are the most comfortable I believe I have ever slept on at a hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
easher, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comment regarding our hotel, we appreciate it!

Erinn Veach-Asher, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We had concern when booked for this hotel, because I read some reviews that hotel is in the poor neighborhood. But we had event to attend near Hobby airport, and this hotel is convenient and close by and can accomodate our family.

The hotel is under renovation on 3rd floor during our stay. We stayed on 5th floor, and overall hotel condition is pretty good with the price. But it is in the very poor and bad neighborhood, we don't feel safe to go out during evenings. We stayed from 7/18-27. On approximate 7/25 morning, we found out there was a rental car parked in front of the hotel, all four wheels are stolen, police report was filed. That night, police and ambulance came to the hotel too. I would not choose this hotel simply for this neighborhood. If you have to, please be very vigilent.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dailywalkder0901
taylorls, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Dear Sir/Madame,

First and foremost, thank you for your candid comments. Naturally we take all of our guests concerns very seriously. Please allow me in this response to address several of the issues you mentioned:
1. Poor neighborhood: Houston Hobby Airport is located in an industrial area.
2. Renovation: We are indeed renovating our entire hotel. At this point we have completed three and half of our five floors. We hope to complete the remainder of our renovation in the very near future.
3. Police/Ambulance: During the evening of your stay a guest did in fact call emergency services due to an accident they had in their room.
Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to bring these matters and concerns to our attention. As I previously mentioned, we value our guest's opinions.

Erinn Asher, General Manager
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

My 17-year-old son and I stayed at Springhill Suites the night before our cruise out of Galveston. We purchased their cruise package and felt it was a GREAT deal. For less than the cost of the combined transportation, we were picked up at the airport and driven to the hotel, were provided free transportation anywhere we wanted to go within a five-mile radius of the facility, had a really good hot breakfast buffet, were provided transportation to the cruise ship pier in Galveston AND transportation from the cruise ship back to the airport at the conclusion of our week at sea.

The staff at Springhill could not have been more accommodating. They truly made us feel like valuable customers. A fog-delay caused our ship to dock over three hours late in Galveston. Our Springhill shuttle driver was waiting and got us to the airport in time to make our flights.

The facility is modern and the suites are large, comfortable and well appointed. They include a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and a desk with internet access.

I recommend this hotel very highly, particularly for cruise passengers. The cost of transportation required to get from Houston to Galveston and back is daunting. The cruise package provides a GREAT hotel for less than the cost of purchasing the necessary transportation!

Only issue we had was that the air conditioning rattled whenever it kicked in. We discovered that simply placing my backpack on top of the unit eliminated this problem.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PaddlingFan
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

The hotel was out of regular kings so they gave me a handicap room with a king bed. Well, sadly, the showers in these rooms are in notroiusly poor condition. So it was with this one. I mean there is no way the shower head would stay in one position, constantly sliding down the makeshift clamping arrangement maintenance had unsuccessfully jury-rigged to save a buck.

I had already unpacked and it had been a 15 hour day, so I just wasn't going to make noise about this, having to move to another room. Plus, it was a one-nighter anyway. I just get really PO's when this kind of stupid stuff happens at a Marriott chain hotel. Hey Marriott, I'm a Platinum member. Spend $50 and install a decent shower for the next guest.

I've stayed in this property before and the stay was fine.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

I was impressed by this hotel. Yes, it's lacking the frills of the pricier options and the rooms are a little dated. However, my room and the lobby were absolutely spotless (which is the most important thing to me). The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and it seems like the cleaning staff does a thorough job. The management was also excellent. The staff was polite, immediately responsive to all my questions, and seemed to be well-organized. The breakfast buffet was a nice perk---hot food and a waffle bar in addition to the typical continental breakfast options.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

Been to this hotel before with the family and had a great suite in a higher floor.
Hotel is great in higher floors.

This time I ended up in floor 2 and I felt I was in a different hotel. (This time I got a great reat, now I know why.)

I was in room 228. Horrible bed, old saggy mattress and musky old carpet.. The TV remote did not work and the TV changed channels on its own every 20 minutes. Is 228 a haunted room?!

I did not wait to find out. I was moved immediately to room 217. Room was slightly better, mattress still old and saggy.

On the plus, breakfast is ok and complimentary. Staff is great. Great location close to the airport (HOBBY.)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

We had a very nice experience at this hotel. The rooms and lobby were all very nicely decorated and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the linens and bath towels were of a nice quality. We enjoyed the extra space that the suite provided and it was great to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The staff could not have been nicer--very helpful when it came to questions about the computer in the lobby and area restaurants. We took advantage of the complimentary shuttle to return our rental car the night before our flight, the shuttle driver came to pick us up from the rental car place and then drove us to a restaurant (they provide a list at the front desk of area restaurants for which they will provide transportation) and then came back to pick us up. The shuttle driver could not have been more pleasant! We also used the elliptical, the stair climber and the weights in the exercise room and they were all in good working order. There was also a treadmill and a few other pieces of equipment which we didn't use, so can't comment on. One of the earlier reviews mentioned a bad smell, but we did not notice that anywhere during our stay. The breakfast buffet had a very nice selection--make-your-own waffles, fruit, yogurt, muffins, hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage and biscuits for make-you-own breakfast sandwiches, bread and bagels for toasting, cereals and hot oatmeal in a crock pot-type cooker. We were there with seven members of our extended family and everyone was able to find something that they liked. It's not restaurant quality, but for a hotel buffet, it was very nice. The area is more industrial, but I (50-year-old woman) did not feel unsafe in the parking lot at night. I was responsible for making the reservations for our whole group and everyone thanked me at the end of the trip for finding such a great hotel near the airport. It really was perfect for our needs. Two items worth mentioning for the business traveler: The "business center" is one computer and printer in an alcove in the lobby. My brother was unable to get the wireless internet access on his I-POD, when he asked someone at the front desk, he was told it only worked for laptops--so if that is something you need you might want to call and ask about it ahead of time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family