“Great way to see downtown Houston and learn something along the way”

Segway Tours of Houston
Ranked #4 of 36 Tours in Houston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Whether you plan to be in Central Houston from as close as Spring, Tx or Deer Park Tx or as far away as Irkutsk, Russia or Aberdeen, UK - Segway Tours Of Houston has a tour experience to fit your interests! Whether family, friends or co-workers.. we offer the best way for your group to spend a few hours together, guaranteed!! Each tour takes place on your own Segway PT glider, can accommodate from 2 to 10 people and is led by tour guide uniquely experienced to give the best tour in Houston and while also ensuring you are safe and comfortable on the Segway - regardless of your experience level. We offer daily 2-hour tours starting in front of the Wortham Center in downtown at 501 Texas, across from the Bayou Place Entertainment Center. If you have not seen Houston in the last year, you won't recognize The Bayou City since her exhaustive makeover. We will show you the jaw-dropping beauty of the Buffalo Bayou Trails and Parks or we can tour Houston's history (a history unlike any other city) or if you prefer, we will glide you above the fray of pedestrians and traffic to show you Houston's world-class collection of graffiti and street art. We offer specialty tours as well as team building and private celebration tours upon request. History Established in 2009. Since 2009, we have been striving to do one thing better than anyone else, Since we started, our goal has always been "Your Amazing Time"!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Boulder City, Nevada
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great way to see downtown Houston and learn something along the way”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We try to do a Segway tour whenever we travel to a new city. This time it was Houston. We were a little concerned about the heat, but we opted for the 10:00 a.m. to try to beat the heat and humidity and it worked. We met our guide, Alex, at Wortham Center at the appointed time and commented our historical tour of the Buffalo Bayou and downtown Houston. Alex was a great guide and provided information on the cultural aspects of the area, the famous landmarks and historical facts of Houston and its founders.

We traveled along the trail of the Buffalo Bayou Park which was fun, cool (literally) and scenic. We saw where the Allen brothers started the port of Houston along the bayou, the various parks scattered across the downtown area, and Alex pointed out the skyscrapers and their owners. We noticed an array of fountains in the parks, in street corners and along the Buffalo Bayou Park Trail.

The sidewalks were in great condition, unlike some other cities we have visited, and at that time of the day, not to busy. All of the sidewalks had ramps at the corners so there was no worry about going from the sidewalk to the street and vice versa. Half way through the tour, Alex had us stop for a break where you could purchase refreshments if desired.

I would highly recommend this activity for your visit to Houston. The tour company offers other tours and several other start times. We also thought that this was one of the most reasonably priced Segway tours.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Patty1123

Victoria, Tx
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I love it!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I got to go on another tour and it was just as much fun if not more so this time around. I took someone new and they were afraid that they would not be able to do it but they found out as I did that if you can stand you can ride. I tell everyone about this and the 2nd most question I get is about it being too hot for this and I tell them that with the wind blowing through your hair you do not even feel the heat. They have wonderful tour guides who are very accommodating. Trust me this is one experience you will want to do over and over.

1 Thank DaleMcK
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What a great way to celebrate an important date!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Starting out as newbies, we were very quickly and professionally taught to ride a Segway without fear. by our super guide, Michael. Educational...and interesting, mostly the two hours are spent enjoying being outdoors with friends, seeing a different aspect of Houston...and marveling at the possibility in Segway as transportation.option.
Michael took us to places we'd never been and told us so much about history and famous Houstonians. The Truth about John Kennedy's last stay at the Rice! The Hogg Family!
this is a great way to celebrate an important event. It'd be great for family reunions too.

Visited May 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rolling on the Bayou”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Just took the Historic Houston Bayou tour which was awesome. Even as a native of the city, the Segway tour with Matthew was awesome. He knew so many back stories of the movers and shakers of early Houston. The sunset Segway tour was amazing enabling me to see my city at angles and in lighting that I had never seen before. From city streets to paths along the bayou and in the beautiful downtown parks, the tour was challenging and captivating. It was an unbelievable experience for me.

1 Thank Agdad3
Singapore, Singapore
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Some angles of Houston I would not have seen if not for Segway”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I got tickets through Groupon, $99 for 2 (since there were 3 of us, I paid $79 for the third). Can't say I was wowed by Houston initially, it had looked like a boring though clean city. But the Segway tour with guide Joel brought us to some really interesting places, like the farmer's market (delicious smell of grill mingling with music from buskers), the street art of Gozon and Eyesore, Minute Maid park and stadium, the UH downtown campus and it's neighbour the Houston Prison that looked misleadingly like some grand old hotel, the re-enacted homes of the 18th century etc. Not forgetting the Bayou Centennial garden where we took some nice pix of the Houston skyline next to the bronze statue of President Bush senior. The weather is great for a 2h tour, the smooth and well maintained pavement made our ride very pleasant. Being from Singapore, we found the temperature to be familiar and the lower humidity a bonus!