“Awesome Indo-Brit Cuisine”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

First visit to Queen Vic was pretty good. Didnt expect the food to be so close to home. The Goan Shrimp and Baal Chao pretty straight on! The fish and chips was pretty good too. The drinks are on the higher end of the spectrum. Ambience is amazing specially if you are with good company. Try out their mushy peas, make sure to call ahead and let the chef know about that.

Would definitely com back to more.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went for a company holiday gathering where they ordered appetizers and drinks flowed freely. I could not put down their version of the Dark and Stormy; fantastic. Not sure why so much better than mine at home; perhaps the ginger beer they used. Most everyone else was drinking wine, which seemed to be a nice selection. I switched to beer eventually and was a bit intimidated by the list, so went for a Pilsner Urquell, which was good and fresh. (More-versed (i.e. younger) beer guys probably like the beer list there, I just was not in the mood to adventure too much after the Dark and Stormies.)

Had some sort of "flat bread" or pizza that was curry and goat cheese which was great. Some samosas were good, too. A cool take on indian/english "fusion" on some of the items.

Would go back to try curries.

Small/intimate place. Our office party was fewer than 30 people; any larger would be too much for the "party room" that we had. (Party room was probably 1/3 of the restaurant)

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Hubs & I went with another couple early on a Saturday evening. Although busy, we were seated right away. Atmosphere was upbeat & fun- a little loud, but pleasant. Service was good, considering how busy they were. We had 2 apps (short rib samosas & prawns) & then split 3 mains (kofta meatballs, Goan curry, & chicken). Food was very good, rich flavors, but not as spicy as I was expecting or wanted. Just my preference... But it was nice that each dish had its own flavor & was unique. Be aware that you have to order rice, naan, raita, etc individually. When you order a curry, it's simply the sauce & meat/veggies. Our order came out wrong, but was quickly corrected. As in less than 5 minutes & it was perfect. We saw some very interesting (& good looking) dishes being brought out to nearby tables as well. We stuck to beer & wine, as the selection was very good & reasonably priced. They split the ticket for us, no problem (we told our server up front & he was totally okay with it). Also, be aware that parking is pretty much valet only, but it's complimentary, so just be prepared to tip. They were very efficient & friendly.

I guess that since I have heard so many raves about the Vic that I was expecting a lot more... While absolutely nothing was bad, nothing just "jumped out" at me as being spectacular, either. It was a good, solid meal & a very pleasant experience. I would like to return & give them another shot. It was a nice change of pace from the usual Tex-Mex, Italian, etc, that we usually end up with in Houston. But I'm not sure that I would go out of my way to take people there either... I'm kinda torn on this one. I liked it, but I didn't LOVE it...

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had a fun night out with my grown kids. My daughter had already ordered appetizers, devilled eggs with curry (my first try at curry) and a different pimiento cheese. They were great! We eac had one of the specials of the night, I had the chicken pot pie which had tender chicken and a spicy, great flavored sauce. My daughter had a burger which had an interesting bun and a great flavor, I finished my meal with a trifle, which had fresh fruit and real whipped cream! It was great! I am looking forward to bringing my husband next time!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

First visit and I thought I had covered all the Brit pubs in Houston. Very welcoming staff on arrival and on leaving when the server came to the door and wished us all the best. Did not have a chance to sample the fine range of beers as was driving.
The menu wa different with an Indian theme. The naan wraps were a different and tasty option. I will return and will give the evening session a try.