“Good food and happy hour”

Queen Vic Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #617 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The food for a pub is very good- very nice curry etc. They have just updated their happy hour menu which has lots of choice and dishes are around $5. The drinks can be pricey, but they do have a good beer menu and some options on happy hour. It is a bit dark inside but it has a patio. The parking lot is small, but you can park around the corner. It can get busy!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

First visited the Queen Vic Pub & Kitchen in (not Oub & Kitchen) back in December. I love the British/Indian fusion with Third Coast focus that they serve there, along with the craft beer selection on tap. One of my favorite dishes is actually on the appetizer menu, the Saag Pizza. The downside is they have a very small parking lot & the front does not face Richmond, but they do have valet.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

First off the name of this place is misspelled here...Queen Vic Pub & Kitchen. The parking is super small but they do offer complimentary valet, but i'd rather park my own car so i suggest you go down the side street by the vet.

We went on a Friday night so i expect some wait, although we were able to be seated immediately in the patio, too bad none of the patio heaters were working, they didn't order any propane as told to us by our server. It was pretty loud, but ok it's a "pub"...our waiter was nice but good grief, slowest service in Houston. Took nearly 15 minutes to get our drinks- 1 beer and a cocktail. After we ordered our food, it literally took an hour. I was so close to leaving and just going to Pappasitos down the street. Then when we got our food- english pub burger and just a cheeseburger- i was so disappointed. How do you ruin a burger?!? They add some spices to the meat and there are onions in the patty, which in reading sounds good, but they messed it up somehow. I didn't even eat half, it was so bad and i am not a picky eater. The good thing is the waiter did not charge us for my meal, my guy didn't care for his either, but he was so hungry from waiting so long he ate it.

And just a note on other things we observed; the table next to us nearly flipped their lid after one of them was served a lamb burger- the girl is a vegan and actually ordered a veggie burger, the same server we had got it wrong.

I had high hopes for this place as it was named high up on the Houston Press restaurant list, but man, it does not fit the bill. I'd really pass up and go to Red Lion Pub for a pub feel and they have curry too.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

We went for lunch today. The place is hard to find as the signage is lacking. North side of the street, just west of Kirby. The staff was very friendly and the place has a nice pub atmosphere. The beers are probably their calling, but we didn't have any. I had heard some good things about this place, so thought we'd try it. The menu had a lot of good choices; several patrons were having the fish and chips. We started with the vegetable samosas which were hot and served with a nicely spiced chutne. They were great, but they were also the best part of the meal. I had the tandoor chicken naan wrap with "house cut fries" and my cohort had the fish and chips. Mine was OK, just OK, with the chicken not being seasoned enough. I was expecting a nice buzz of Indian taste; not so. The portions were huge though and the order of house cut fries was good and way too big. The fish and chips came with a nice salad (good house dressing) and she said the meal was good, but not great. Doubtful we will go back. Their menu did offer a number of beers, a high tea in the afternoon, and happy hour from 3 pm til close on Sunday, when they feature roast beef. Our total bill (we had nothing to drink but water) was $30 before tip.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Went on a Tuesday night with friends, it was jam packed and very lively. Sat at the bar and ordered a Pimms Cup, probably the best one I've had in Houston. We moved to a table later and ordered the saag pizza as an appetizer, very good and quite filling! For the main dish, we went with the sea bass special, which was excellent. I'm sure I'll be back here again soon

1  Thank globalnomad12